PDA

View Full Version : Should my friend and I sign up for a meetup even though we're under 18?

doronster195
01-24-2008, 11:47 PM
Me and my friend won't be able to vote in the election/primary, but we have been helping spread Ron Paul's name since October. We want to help out more than we currently are by joining a meetup group. When signing up on meetup it requires you to check a box that says you are 18 years of age or older. Should we check this box anyways and join the meetup groups?

gerryb
01-24-2008, 11:51 PM
Absolutely. They put the check box there to protect themselves in case a minor were to sign up and see objectionable material.

You can use your age to guilt people into voting for RP, too =P.

Scott Wilson
01-24-2008, 11:53 PM
You could help precinct captains do literature drops.

DirtMcGirt
01-24-2008, 11:57 PM
sure, go to the meetings and ask how you can help out!!!!

you are an inspiration to all of us!!!

Michigan11
01-25-2008, 12:00 AM
You can help out passing out literature and sign waving! Thanks for being a part of the Revolution

VoluntaryMan
01-25-2008, 12:13 AM
Me and my friend won't be able to vote in the election/primary, but we have been helping spread Ron Paul's name since October. We want to help out more than we currently are by joining a meetup group. When signing up on meetup it requires you to check a box that says you are 18 years of age or older. Should we check this box anyways and join the meetup groups?

If you are manning a booth or canvassing, and telling prospective RP voters how much you wish that you were old enough to vote in this election, so that you could cast your ballot for a once in a generation candidate like Ron Paul, you could cause some previously apathetic voters to take their responsibility more seriously. If your parents approve, why not?

doronster195
01-25-2008, 12:22 AM
My parents usually let me do what I want, and they don't mind about this. I've also been encouraged by the adviser of my youth group to join something to help out the Ron Paul campaign because he saw my interest in it.

Good News:
2 New Members to the Mountain View, CA and the Los Altos, CA meetup groups. I think I'm going to be busy going door to door Saturday morning. =]

VoluntaryMan
01-25-2008, 01:04 AM
My parents usually let me do what I want, and they don't mind about this. I've also been encouraged by the adviser of my youth group to join something to help out the Ron Paul campaign because he saw my interest in it.

Good News:
2 New Members to the Mountain View, CA and the Los Altos, CA meetup groups. I think I'm going to be busy going door to door Saturday morning. =]

If your parents approve, then go for it.

Eric21ND
01-25-2008, 07:34 AM
im 16 and in a meetup go for it

Your 16 and your doing all that work getting ads in newspapers? holy crap!

Ogren
01-25-2008, 07:50 AM
This is a stupid question, I'm signed up and I can't vote either. I really think that age requirements on things like voting are a form of discrimination. Most if not all rp supporters I know aren't even old enough to vote. If these age requirements didn't exist my entire high school would be out voting for Paul en mass.

Austin
01-25-2008, 08:01 AM
I'm 17 and I'm an organizer of a Meetup.

LynnB
01-25-2008, 08:23 AM
This is an encouraging sign for the world of tomorrow.
Seriously, the younger you are when you start realizing how corrupt D.C. has become, the better. There are new voters in our workplace because someone's 14-year-old grandson was telling people about Ron Paul.
You can't be too young to talk about it! or to join a meetup group.

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-25-2008, 08:23 AM
Definitely

DisabledCombatVet4change
01-25-2008, 11:19 AM
check ou tthe site in my link... its a great way to get involved and help out..... think of your car as a red bull car only for ron paul instead

UtahApocalypse
01-25-2008, 11:23 AM
The fact that we have so many youth in this movement is what gives me hope that they will change the future.

WilliamC
01-25-2008, 11:26 AM
There were several high school students at the last Ron Paul meetup meeting I went to. It's amazing that the establishment Republican's are willing to marginalize the ONLY candidate who is attracting new, young members to the party.

The powers-that-be must really want to lose.

LiberalDemForRP
01-25-2008, 11:27 AM
I love this thread. Gives me lots of hope. I love the young people in this movement. Just saying that makes me sound 86, but you know what I mean.

Definitely sign up for the meetup. Like another said, if you're out there spreading the word that you *wish* you could cast a vote, it might make otherwise apathetic unlikely voters think twice about their right and responsibility as citizens.

And thanks for helping! You rock.

Voluntaryist
01-25-2008, 11:29 AM
Its great to see teenagers taking a real interest in their future and the direction of their society.

Maybe parents should listen to their kids more often...

WilliamC
01-25-2008, 11:30 AM
"People try to put us down...just because we get around"

Now I've become one of those who I used to not trust ;)