PDA

View Full Version : WOW McCain just handed us a huge opportunity!

Original_Intent
01-24-2008, 11:21 PM
I am listening to the debate a second time and when McCain answered the question about his lack of economic expertise he said "that he would be happy to compare his knowledge of the economy with any other candidate" (Not and exact quote, but he definitely said that)

Ron Pauol needs to hold a press conference tomorrow and say that he accepts McCain's challenge and is willing to debate him one on one about the economy. He should also say that he is willing to debate any other candidate that wishes to regarding the economy.

No moderation except for time limits - the candidates will truly debate.

He needs to throw down the gauntlet and say these guys are all saying they have the understanding about the economy to fix it - BRING IT ON!

Please if anyone has contacts in the campaign this opportunity needs to be grabbed. If no one takes him up on it they will look like cowards - especially McCain since he threw down first! If they take him up on it, they will be eaten alive! And this would FORCE some coverage for Ron Paul.

Please keep it bumped if you think it is a good idea! If you don't please say why it's not a golden opportunity!

Falseflagop
01-24-2008, 11:23 PM
He really is dumb!! He only kow PROK BARREL PORK BARREL !! There I know economics!

wstrucke
01-24-2008, 11:24 PM
didn't I read somewhere that in order for the candidates to participate in the debates they have to agree to not participate in any other "unofficial" debates?

ClayTrainor
01-24-2008, 11:26 PM
didn't I read somewhere that in order for the candidates to participate in the debates they have to agree to not participate in any other "unofficial" debates?

Really?

That's a dumb rule if true.

Original_Intent
01-24-2008, 11:27 PM

Wow I had not heard that - lame if true! Well then he needs to invite him to have a "friendly discussion about economics" :D

mxktm185
01-24-2008, 11:34 PM
Ron Paul one-on-one with ANY candidate about ANY issue would be amazing to watch.

Of course, I doube any would accept. They already know they would get owned.

billyjoeallen
01-24-2008, 11:36 PM
So that means McCain's claim is bullshit. He can claim anything he wants if he knows noone can call him on it.

redsrule2500
01-24-2008, 11:38 PM
Ron Paul would own anyone on the issues....he's just not a populist candidate with good looks, one liners, and feel good BS.

Original_Intent
01-24-2008, 11:38 PM
He could even offer to let McCain start the discussion by answering his debate question, since he certainly didn't during the debate. Maybe McCain has had a chance to talk with Phil Gramm and find out what Ron was talking about.

trout007
01-24-2008, 11:44 PM
If you had Ron vs McCain and his "Team" Ron would still win.

Runnerguy
01-24-2008, 11:45 PM
he said "that he would be happy to compare his knowledge of the economy with any other candidate" (Not and exact quote, but he definitely said that)

Ron Pauol needs to hold a press conference tomorrow and say that he accepts McCain's challenge and is willing to debate him one on one about the economy.
This would be great, but he would never accept. He would get burned.

DealzOnWheelz
01-24-2008, 11:58 PM
well if they can't do any other debates they can definitely do an Economic FORUM right?? lol

virginiakid
01-25-2008, 12:01 AM
Everybody needs to email the RP campaign NOW to get RP to hold a Press Conference!

bobo37
01-25-2008, 12:10 AM
This would have to happen NOW so it wouldn't give McPain any time to study on the subject and try to grow a brain overnight.

jlaker
01-25-2008, 12:10 AM
Wow I had not heard that - lame if true! Well then he needs to invite him to have a "friendly discussion about economics" :D

Yeah, with cameras there:D

humanic
01-25-2008, 12:12 AM
bump-- great idea

virginiakid
01-25-2008, 12:20 AM
This would be great, but he would never accept. He would get burned.

Yeah but, if RP challenges, McCain doesn't accept--which he won't, then that would make him look weak and cowardly.

virginiakid
01-25-2008, 12:20 AM
not only that media would eat it up

InLoveWithRon
01-25-2008, 12:24 AM
McCain would just make the excuse that he is on a tight campaign schedule and can't do it.. He'll say that's what the scheduled debates are for..

These politicians know how to snake away from any pressure.

Original_Intent
01-25-2008, 12:28 AM
Yeah but, if RP challenges, McCain doesn't accept--which he won't, then that would make him look weak and cowardly.

"No honor?" :D Maybe huckaboo needs a special invite too. :D:D:D

ClayTrainor
01-25-2008, 12:37 AM
Ronald Reagan challenge someone to a debate when he ran didnt he?

PeacePlan
01-25-2008, 12:41 AM
I emailed them and suggested it..........

rmholla
01-25-2008, 12:46 AM
Yes, a debate purely on economic policy SHOULD be done. Our economy is tanking so this would be a great debate to open to the Democrats too. Ron would clean house!

-

Rede
01-25-2008, 12:50 AM
This REALLY should happen. Either he keeps his word and accepts, in which case Paul makes him look like a fool while making himself the "economy guy", or he doesn't and McCain looks weak and dishonest.

Dustancostine
01-25-2008, 12:51 AM
Yes, a debate purely on economic policy SHOULD be done. Our economy is tanking so this would be a great debate to open to the Democrats too. Ron would clean house!

-

Why don't we start a money bomb for a sound money/economy debate. We could buy the air time and pay for the debate.

Lord Xar
01-25-2008, 12:58 AM
I concur, Ron Paul should jump on this immediately... FREE ADVERTISEMENT!!

Shit, he should put that in a commerical with all of the other "lame" candidates...

And then say the real deal!!!

Please, someone get this to the campaign and i don't mean "someone who answers emails".. get it to someone who can make decisions.

TER
01-25-2008, 12:59 AM
McCain would never accept. The question is, is it worth holding a press conference to challenge him? ...that is a good question...

DFF
01-25-2008, 01:12 AM
McCain may have said that...but saying and doing are two different things. He knows better than to get into the economics ring with Dr. Paul.

Rede
01-25-2008, 09:38 AM
bump

FreeTraveler
01-25-2008, 09:48 AM
As SOON as Dr. Paul says it's OK to have debates with less than the full slate of candidates, he will no longer be invited to ANY of the remaining debates.

They're probably PRAYING he comes up with something like this. McCain would decline, but happily accept an economic debate with the other three clowns.

Cleaner44
01-25-2008, 09:50 AM
I am listening to the debate a second time and when McCain answered the question about his lack of economic expertise he said "that he would be happy to compare his knowledge of the economy with any other candidate" (Not and exact quote, but he definitely said that)

Ron Pauol needs to hold a press conference tomorrow and say that he accepts McCain's challenge and is willing to debate him one on one about the economy. He should also say that he is willing to debate any other candidate that wishes to regarding the economy.

No moderation except for time limits - the candidates will truly debate.

He needs to throw down the gauntlet and say these guys are all saying they have the understanding about the economy to fix it - BRING IT ON!

Please if anyone has contacts in the campaign this opportunity needs to be grabbed. If no one takes him up on it they will look like cowards - especially McCain since he threw down first! If they take him up on it, they will be eaten alive! And this would FORCE some coverage for Ron Paul.

Please keep it bumped if you think it is a good idea! If you don't please say why it's not a golden opportunity!

Great idea except no media will show up to the press conference.

Unless RP hinted that he was dropping out and then they would be all over it. It could just work!

acptulsa
01-25-2008, 10:25 AM
not only that media would eat it up

The media would eat it up--and spit it out where no one could possibly see it. Blog it, guys! If Dr. Paul isn't allowed by agreements he signed just to get into the debates to have a private one, then we need to challenge both to a public one! Dr. Paul won't refuse us, and McCain won't respond to us. Battle won!

I know it's so easy that it hardly seems worth the trouble, and I know he's doing a mighty good job of it himself without any help, but every bit of embarassment we can cause McCain is a good thing.

Daveforliberty
01-25-2008, 10:28 AM
Don't call it a debate. Call it a forum, while accepting McCain's offer to compare his economic knowledge with any other candidate. Sell it as good for the American people, and thank McCain profusely for his offer!

Staynsane
01-25-2008, 10:49 AM
Unfortunate that the grassroots of this country would be willing and excited to see him debate any candidate, yet so many will never allow it to happen. His message being so loud and broad, only snippets are aired if he gets airtime at all is hurtful to his campaign. I hope Americans are opening their ears and minds to a long term solution and not a quick fix, but many have selective listening skills.

I wonder how many people watching the debate, excluding RP supporters, actually saw what he did to McCain. As I watched it, all I could think of was if given the time, he could have RWNED each and every opponent that asked him a question (ha), or that he was able to ask a question to.

Rede
01-25-2008, 03:14 PM
I really think this is a brilliant idea. Everyone should be emailing the campaign.