PDA

View Full Version : McCain stumbles over Ron pauls question

Bruce4Ron
01-24-2008, 11:20 PM
Watch the bumbling idiot talk about how his friends will address his economic issues (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ1OB2iLxcY)

What a dumbass

Trigonx
01-24-2008, 11:23 PM
thats great lol. McCain never answered the question.

chiplitfam
01-24-2008, 11:26 PM
I sent in this comment to YouTube.

Sad. But what is sadder, is that people vote for this moron!

Bruce4Ron
01-24-2008, 11:27 PM
He didn't answer it because he had no clue what the hell Ron was talking about and the entire country just watched it.

Its shame RP didn't get more airtime because thats just more opportunity for him to humiliate these people. But we all know that wont happen.

LOL @ John McDumbass

tarabyte
01-24-2008, 11:27 PM
His answer was like an oscar winner acceptance speech.

But he didn't actually answer the question, just name-dropped people he might have in his administration if elected.

A little bit, but not much better than the Romney answer in a previous debate about 'consulting his team of lawyers" for his stance on something.

Falseflagop
01-24-2008, 11:30 PM
Stop it at 29 seconds in, and look at McCin's face he like WTF is he asking me? Who the Fis the PPT? He just lost!

Original_Intent
01-24-2008, 11:32 PM
it was the teen Miss South Carolina answer of the night.

virginiakid
01-24-2008, 11:33 PM
He didn't answer it because he had no clue what the hell Ron was talking about and the entire country just watched it.

Its shame RP didn't get more airtime because thats just more opportunity for him to humiliate these people. But we all know that wont happen.

LOL @ John McDumbass

He should know what he was talking about, he is a US Senator.

mokkan88
01-24-2008, 11:34 PM
RP: "My question is for Senator McCain. This is an economic question that I want to ask. It has to do with the President's working group on financial markets. I'd like to know what your opinion is of this and whether you would keep it in place, what their role would be. Or would you get rid of this group? And if you kept the group, would you make sure that we'd see some sunlight and know what they're doing and how they are being involved with our markets?"

JM: "Well obviously we'd like to see more sunshine, hurr..."

TER
01-24-2008, 11:37 PM
Stop it at 29 seconds in, and look at McCin's face he like WTF is he asking me? Who the Fis the PPT? He just lost!

LOL

tnvoter
01-24-2008, 11:47 PM
McCain just dropped names... Hell I can do that.

2orb
01-24-2008, 11:51 PM
McCain mentions the Concord Group in his list of potential advisors. Who is this? I googled and found everything from an Insurance Company to a fine stringed instrument company.

A. Havnes
01-24-2008, 11:53 PM
He earlier denied having ever said that he didn't understand economics as well as he should, and he just now proved that he really has no clue. When in doubt, drop the names of people who might have an answer.

dirka
01-24-2008, 11:57 PM
Vote for me, I know People!!!

CorkyAgain
01-25-2008, 12:02 AM
McCain mentions the Concord Group in his list of potential advisors. Who is this? I googled and found everything from an Insurance Company to a fine stringed instrument company.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concord_Coalition

Founded by Senators Warren Rudman (R) and Paul Tsongas (D). Former senator Bob Kerrey (D) is the current chairman.

Typical of McCain to favorably cite a "bipartisan" org run by Democrats.

No1ButPaul08
01-25-2008, 12:48 AM
John McNameDropper

GryphonsClaw
01-25-2008, 01:07 AM
Wow, with the rate cut and tax rebates you think he would be well versed in this now. Paul should have asked a different question though. American people have no clue about this shadow market group, nor do they care. He should have asked something simpler like with 500 billion in debt, our bridges and levies breaking at home, how can we afford to stay in and rebuild Iraq for 100 years without raising taxes and eliminating social security. That would have shot McCain down since those are two big buzz words that destroy a candidate.

I love you Ron, but you have to dumb it down for the American people. :O)

austinchick
01-25-2008, 01:16 AM
must see video...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sAJUMYGgfZA&feature=related

pacelli
01-25-2008, 01:17 AM
RP: "My question is for Senator McCain. This is an economic question that I want to ask. It has to do with the President's working group on financial markets. I'd like to know what your opinion is of this and whether you would keep it in place, what their role would be. Or would you get rid of this group? And if you kept the group, would you make sure that we'd see some sunlight and know what they're doing and how they are being involved with our markets?"

JM: "Well obviously we'd like to see more sunshine, hurr..."

That comment about the sunlight at the end of it was skillful. He said it as a distractor just before finishing the question to trip McCain up in constructing his answer. McCain took the bait and referenced it to give himself more time.

Ranger29860
01-25-2008, 01:20 AM
when mcaine says we need more sunshine i spat out my drink and just died laughing on the floor didnt get to hear the rest till later man what an idiot it would have beeen better if he would have just come out and aksed for more info about the group bineg humble and not knowing something wont kill him bineg arrogent and trying to bs will

Way to go paul!

For Paul In Arkansas
01-25-2008, 01:22 AM
McCain did the non answer dodge the question deal.

Srg1
01-25-2008, 01:24 AM
mccain is such a shitplug.I hate his fucking grin,yes just a shitplug goof

ocomys
01-25-2008, 01:27 AM
Wow, with the rate cut and tax rebates you think he would be well versed in this now. Paul should have asked a different question though. American people have no clue about this shadow market group, nor do they care. He should have asked something simpler like with 500 billion in debt, our bridges and levies breaking at home, how can we afford to stay in and rebuild Iraq for 100 years without raising taxes and eliminating social security. That would have shot McCain down since those are two big buzz words that destroy a candidate.

I love you Ron, but you have to dumb it down for the American people. :O)

no way dude...he knew McCain didn't know the answer....thats why he asked it! Ron Paul is the man

lasenorita
01-25-2008, 02:18 AM
Oh, I didn't realize how absolutely hilarious McCain's sunshine line was until after I had read a bit about the PPT. I nearly fell off my chair watching the clip the second time around. XD

Way to go I'm-so-well-versed-on-economics-that-I-have-no-clue-how-to-answer-an-economics-question McCain!

WebFX
01-25-2008, 02:24 AM

".. and all the other people who tell me what to think and say. Finally, of course, I'd like to thank the Academy. 100 years in Iraq! Good night everybody!" *pumps Oscar in air*

WebFX
01-25-2008, 02:27 AM
Oh, I didn't realize how absolutely hilarious McCain's sunshine line was until after I had read a bit about the PPT. I nearly fell off my chair watching the clip the second time around. XD

Way to go I'm-so-well-versed-on-economics-that-I-have-no-clue-how-to-answer-an-economics-question McCain!

McCain 2008: Sunshine, Lollipops, Unicorns and Rainbows and Unending Global War

rfbz
01-25-2008, 02:33 AM
what is the strategy behind asking McCain that? Was it just to stump him? Or is RP planning on using his answer later to use it against him? I really didn't get it to be honest

SonofRevolution
01-25-2008, 02:36 AM
:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqKaU2fZkAc

LibertyForAll
01-25-2008, 02:47 AM
:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqKaU2fZkAc

Bwahaaahaa Watch the WHOLE video..!!

Onyx
01-25-2008, 02:58 AM
Best moment of the debate:

http://www.dogtrickacademy.com/jean/mccain.jpg

dkim68
01-25-2008, 03:01 AM
lol - he's scared to death.

ewizacft
01-25-2008, 03:07 AM
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o234/ewizacft/mccain.jpg

I wonder if he asked me that to trick me?

Answer: Yes

rp08orbust
01-25-2008, 03:09 AM
Wow, thatnks for posting that clip by itself. When I saw it live, my thought was "WTF kind of question is that when you could ask him about the 100 years, the POW cover-up, etc", but in retrospect I think his question was genius, making McCain talk in circles like an ass.

skipford
01-25-2008, 03:18 AM
"Well obviously we'd all like to see more sunshine." Good one John, good one.

GryphonsClaw
01-26-2008, 07:05 PM
no way dude...he knew McCain didn't know the answer....thats why he asked it! Ron Paul is the man

I know he knew McCain didn't know the answer. Not faulting the question there. Just how many non-Ron Paul people did we get on board with that question. Maybe some wall streeters and reaffirmed our beliefs but how many joe shome is now in our campagin.

Gertie
01-26-2008, 07:31 PM
Oh EXCELLENT, it has the captions up! That's the first time I've seen a youtube with captions that was not a foreign film!

pssst.... if more people would put the captions on their TV sets when they TIVO stuff for youtube, that would be a boon for I and other deaf folks (including senior citizens!) who can't watch a lot of the other Ron Paul/debate clips... ;)

I was watching the debate that night (with captions, yes), and it was priceless seeing line after line of names popping up with sunshiny filler and McCain's "I was there" line (is it me or does he use that line in everything he says, much like the phrase "my friends"?). Hah!

Mattsa
01-26-2008, 07:33 PM

But he didn't actually answer the question, just name-dropped people he might have in his administration if elected.

A little bit, but not much better than the Romney answer in a previous debate about 'consulting his team of lawyers" for his stance on something.

Exactly. He just babbled a load of old flannel for 2 minutes and said NOTHING that might answer the question.

And this ass is the frontrunner Repub candidate?

Fucking tragic

He's been endorsed by David Cameron too, the UK's next PM. We're gonna get another useless prick running our country too

trapfive
01-26-2008, 07:49 PM
There's a video floating around out there showing Dr. Paul remarking on McCains apparent confusion, paraphrasing.....he must have been confused the people he named are on the team.

Dr. Paul not only knows what it is, he knows who's on it.

Some people don't like that question, too obscure, but I think it's these type of question that distinguishes him from the pack.