PDA

View Full Version : The Real Secret Strategy: LAWSUIT!

beachmaster
01-24-2008, 11:18 PM
I think maybe we will see millions and millions of dollars in press for Ron Paul soon... there are many things being documented during this election cycle. You think 2000 was the year of Presidential lawsuits? Just wait.... you ain't seen NOTHIN yet! lol

I think Ron Paul's campaign knows this will be forthcoming, either from official or from grassroots. Ron Paul will be seen as a FORCE to reckon with. I predict this. Someone please mark these words! hehe!

How about a money bomb for the Great Ass-Suing? LOL

beachmaster
01-24-2008, 11:19 PM
Hint: They will probably start with Louisiana... then it will go from there. Just a humble prediction.

trey4sports
01-24-2008, 11:22 PM
i hope you know that this speculation thread will probably get you flamed. with the billionaire hype lately RPF is in no mood for speculation. im sure you seem this as possible and this is good-natured, be ready for flaming, especially since you said SECRET, and STRATEGY

Ex Post Facto
01-24-2008, 11:26 PM
lol. I think the OP is onto something. It is inevitable, We the people vs. Media. Question is who will fund it? And that leads back to the billionaire thread. While all thats welcome, it is no doubt a prediction at this point.

wstrucke
01-24-2008, 11:26 PM
in preparation for the coming flame, here is some water:

http://www.nhptv.org/natureworks/graphics/ocean.jpg

wstrucke
01-24-2008, 11:30 PM
delete...

rmholla
01-25-2008, 12:02 AM
What exactly would people be suing over?

-

BarryDonegan
01-25-2008, 12:17 AM
legislation wont solve this problem. the market will.

and currently is.

since the old media is becoming ineffective for information-finding and restrictive, people will stop using it. so far the internet is exploding because of its lack of limitations, and there will soon be broadband internet available wirelessly that has bandwidth large enough to facilitate better resolution than tv and radio, when this occurs you will see a total dissolution of broadcast media entirely. since there are not limited wavelengths or methods of acquiring internet access this will effectively deregulate communication.

the market even fights fascism, albeit slowly. who do you think beat the roman empire?

the market.

beachmaster
01-25-2008, 07:45 AM
delete...

Please do.

I have not heard some rumor somewhere. Nobody called me with this information. I was merely a thought that flashed in my mind that explained to me why the campaign has been quiet about the little brush fires of vote fraud (or the potential for it) in Iowa and NH. Maybe I just needed a glimmer of hope that the campaign knew what they were doing.

Maybe I'm full of beans. Whatever.

Thanks for the water! Looks like a free thinker like me needs it on these boards! lol

beachmaster
01-25-2008, 07:48 AM
legislation wont solve this problem.

It's not about legislation. It's about the multi millions of dollars worth of PUBLICITY the legislation will bring to Ron Paul.

Ahh the hell with it. I'm sure it won't happen. We'll just trudge along at 8 percent until they crown Romney the nominee and Dr. Paul will go back to Texas, and the rest of us will just go down in flames.

Go back home. Nothing to see here.

beachmaster
01-25-2008, 07:55 AM
Well before a mod deletes my thread, at least give the people a chance to read this (to get an idea for the real source of my ephiphany). Please note the places I bolded, and note the use of the legal terms "allege" and "accuse":

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/01/paul-alleges-bo.html

Paul Alleges Boondoggle on the Bayou
Email

January 24, 2008 6:08 PM

ABC News' Z. Byron Wolf: Not too many people paid too much attention to the Louisiana Caucus on Wednesday. John McCain won and Ron Paul logged his second second place finish of the primarycaucus season after his showing at the Nevada caucus last Saturday.

For Paul, R-Tex., Louisiana is really more of a third place finish since finishing ahead of the winner, John McCain, was "uncommitted pro-life."

But the Paul campaign says they got second place and maybe should have gotten first.

In a statement this afternoon, they allege that Paul supporters were forced to file provisional ballots even when they were pre-registered as delegates for Paul and they accuse the Louisiana Republican party of changing the rules at the last minute.

Paul campaign statement:

The failure of the Louisiana GOP to properly determine who was and wasn't eligible to vote threw this entire process into disarray," said Ron Paul campaign manager Lew Moore. "The party needs to correct this mistake by counting all the votes immediately, and releasing the results."

Due to mistakes by the Louisiana GOP, hundreds of voters were forced to file provisional ballots, including nearly 500 that could change the outcome of the election. According to party officials, caucus locations relied on a voter list from November 1, 2007 despite the fact that under caucus rules, voters must have registered Republican by November 30, 2007.

In multiple instances, state-certified Ron Paul delegates that were on the ballot were forced to file a provisional ballot despite the fact they were pre-approved as delegates.

The Louisiana State GOP also changed the rules at the last minute to allow other candidates to file more delegates. At the time of the original January 10 deadline, Ron Paul had the largest number of delegates pledged to him. The party then changed the rules to give other candidates until January 12 to file more delegates.

It's a confusing process in Louisiana and a trip to the Louisiana Republican Party does not clear things up. They don't even assign numerical totals to show how big the gap between places one and two and three were. In fact, at the website, a statement from party chairman Roger Villere Jr. only says Paul "appear to have captured the next highest number of delegate positions."

But Villere did praise Paul's supporters for having dash.

"I applaud the supporters of Congressman Paul for their enthusiasm and superior organizational ability. Our Party needs the infusion of new activists who have both political skill and a passion for protecting the freedoms guaranteed to us by the Constitution," he said. "I left the caucus with a renewed commitment to promote our core Republican principles of limited government and individual freedom, thanks to the zeal displayed by Congressman Paul's Louisiana supporters," Villere says on the website.

According to the website, more than 10,000 Louisana Republicans met yesterday to elect delegates to their state convention. Those delegates, led by those currently lobbying for uncommitted, will ultimately award delegates to candidates for the Republican National Convention.

ABC News tried to speak to an official representative of the Louisiana Republican party, but the phone number listed on the website http://www.lagop.com rings busy.

January 24, 2008 in Paul, Ron, Vote 2008: Republicans | Permalink | User Comments (176)

mcgraw_wv
01-25-2008, 07:56 AM
Yeah! thats a winning strategy to get voters to accept his presidency...

beachmaster
01-25-2008, 08:06 AM
Yeah! thats a winning strategy to get voters to accept his presidency...

Maybe, maybe not. The fact (according to the article) is that the Paul campaign is making allegations and accusations.

Sure it could backfire. If so, so what? He's only getting 8 to 12% anyway. What's he got to lose?

On the other hand, he could be seen as David taking on Goliath and win the hearts and minds of the people. Remember in 2000 both sides were suing each other all over the place. One side won.

BarryDonegan
01-25-2008, 08:11 AM
yes, and the court precedent went to not recounting.

and with good reason, you can't have a system in place to undo every vote ever thrown ever for some technical reason after the fact, that allows you to litigatively philibuster an election.

what needs to be done is a fact finding mission so you can get the people to support a change of rules, and it needs to be done in the local area BEFORE an election.

as far as party nominations go, this doesn't matter much because its not really an elected position in the first place.

if the republican party wants to scam its winner, it will have an unpopular horse in the race. thats self defeating and that will cause the rise of a third party.

bring it on.

there is another possible result of this race, people aren't considering, the death of either a. the republican party or b. the two party system.

Sauron
01-25-2008, 08:13 AM
Remember in 2000 both sides were suing each other all over the place. One side won.
Thanks to Judge Napolitano and his timely advise for the Bush campaign broadcast on Fox News. Know whose side he's on this time?:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8QwTKKSvR8

beachmaster
01-25-2008, 08:31 AM
Thanks to Judge Napolitano and his timely advise for the Bush campaign broadcast on Fox News. Know whose side he's on this time?:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8QwTKKSvR8

Excellent point I had not thought of!

Even if Ron Paul only garners a few more votes from LA out of this (or perhaps some yet future state.... but LA seems the likely place to start this off), it will get us millions and millions of dollars in publicity for the cause. I honestly can't think of a downside to the strategy (assuming solely for the sake of argument that there is such a strategy).

All that extra attention MIGHT (I stress "might") help to win some of the Super Tuesday and later states.

sratiug
01-25-2008, 08:47 AM
I posted before that Nevadans should sue major media outlets for violation of their civil rights in that second place for Ron Paul in Nevada was unreported or blatantly lied about. This was dismissed by others saying what law would apply? Well what law applied to O.J. Simpson when he was convicted of civil rights violations, or the officers that beat Rodney King? The citizens of each state are guaranteed the same rights priviledges and immunities as those in other states. While Fox may choose not to cover Republican primaries, it cannot lie about them, and selectively report based on their whims, or which state or candidate they like or dislike.

Redcard
01-25-2008, 08:47 AM
There's nothing wrong in LA, other than the fact that Ron Paul is a republican, and Republicans have set up the most intricate and "new-guy unfriendly" system in the world.

Look, I know we worked hard on Louisiana , and I know it feels like we were cheated, but understand that the reason we were going to be able to "win" Louisiana is because it's so complex and unfair. We weren't going to get the majority of the voters on Feb 9th. We were going to get the majority of the Delegates, and then hand the national delegates to Ron Paul.

That VERY COMPLEXITY is what cost us , because our opponents took our game, and out gamed us.

lynnf
01-25-2008, 09:00 AM

there is another possible result of this race, people aren't considering, the death of either a. the republican party or b. the two party system.

two party system is already dead. the buyouts and sellouts of members of both parties and the way things don't change no matter which party is in power shows that.

lynn

SteveMartin
01-25-2008, 09:08 AM
Time to sign and spread, boys:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/487443841

beachmaster
01-25-2008, 09:18 AM
There's nothing wrong in LA, other than the fact that Ron Paul is a republican, and Republicans have set up the most intricate and "new-guy unfriendly" system in the world.

Look, I know we worked hard on Louisiana , and I know it feels like we were cheated, but understand that the reason we were going to be able to "win" Louisiana is because it's so complex and unfair. We weren't going to get the majority of the voters on Feb 9th. We were going to get the majority of the Delegates, and then hand the national delegates to Ron Paul.

That VERY COMPLEXITY is what cost us , because our opponents took our game, and out gamed us.

We greatly appreciate your efforts in LA. Valiant!

But Dr. Paul's campaign has made allegations. The suit could include a lot of people and entities, yes including some MSM outlets.

Of course a suit is totally speculative at this point. I'm only speculating based on the words from the campaign... words like "allege" and "accuse".

Yes, LA is a complex mess for sure. But for the head of the LA GOP to announce prematurely that Paul came in second, and ABC to say he came in third, before the final tally... that is election manipulation in my humblest of opinions (I ain't no lawyer).

And now... I must go out and canvass here in FL!

Redcard
01-25-2008, 09:25 AM
Yeah, but if you look at the Louisiana GOP system, and how they select their delegates, unless the state gives someone a majority then it's all decided by the 105 delegates ANYWAY. They can choose to give them all to whomever they want, within the rules.

It's all manipulative anyway.