PDA

View Full Version : Ron Threatens Independent Run Tonight. An Offer Mitt Can't Refuse

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-24-2008, 10:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUOuptjcSP8

It looks like the party is about to get behind Romney in a major way. Watch and see.

If this happens, Rudy and Huckleberry Hound are out immediately. McCain gets his ass handed to him on Feb 5 and drops out. All that's left is Ron and Mitt.

At this point, RP sits down with Mitt and says: Give me the VP slot or I run independent and you lose the White House.

Ron can bring the four things Mitt and the GOP need: Young people new to the party, MONEY, grassroots enthusiasm, and appeal with independents.

If Romney refuses to give RP the Vice Presidency, we run independent and teach the GOP a lesson they will never forget.

libertythor
01-24-2008, 10:56 PM
Ron can become the libertarian Dick Cheney.....running things behind the scenes.

However, I don't think the establishment will let this happen, but Ron should try it.

PimpBlimp
01-24-2008, 10:57 PM
Your going to get flamed but I might agree after super tuesday

margomaps
01-24-2008, 10:57 PM
I don't think Ron's interested in being Mitt's VP.

Catatonic
01-24-2008, 10:58 PM
I don't think Dr. Paul would be willing to do that, for ethical reasons. He couldn't support someone like Mitt.

wstrucke
um... no.

Arklatex
Sounds reasonable to me

Psych0t
01-24-2008, 10:59 PM
Don't assume that Paul will join Romney unless Romney changes his mind on his stance in Iraq.

Eric21ND
WE ARE NOT TEAMING UP WITH FLIP FLOP ROMNEY UNLESS HE'S OUR CAMPAIGN TOWEL BOY!

and even that is too close from getting hair goop in your eye...Got it yet?

UtahApocalypse
I would vote for that ticket. If he offered to be V.P. to anyone else I could not vote for it.

JahWarrior
01-24-2008, 11:00 PM
As "crazy and kooky" all of us Paul supporters are made out to be, he'd probably be scared to death to have Paul for VP.

Starwind

rollingpig
RP will be VP to nobody!!!

JahWarrior

I rest my case.

Eric21ND
It's the nomination or we teach the GOP a lesson they won't soon forget.

JahWarrior
01-24-2008, 11:01 PM

+1

wstrucke
01-24-2008, 11:01 PM
T..ent.

dude. the secret service are on their way.

seriously.

wecandoit
01-24-2008, 11:02 PM
Don't warm up the punter on 3rd down.

thinking like this now takes our eyes off the prize.

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-24-2008, 11:03 PM
Ron can become the libertarian Dick Cheney.....running things behind the scenes.

However, I don't think the establishment will let this happen, but Ron should try it.

It would never be allowed. The same people who control the Republican Party control the Democratic party. It makes no difference which party wins, only that it is one of the Establishment candidates that are the annointed "frontrunners" in both parties. It's only the average Republican who fears Ron splitting the Republican vote allowing a Democrat to win. They are in the same trap as those who place all their faith in the Democratic Party. The top levels of both parties are on the same team.

RSLudlum
01-24-2008, 11:04 PM
Man,,,having an "out in the open" policy makes it hard to hide strategy! ;)

AlexMerced
01-24-2008, 11:05 PM
I'd vote for Mitt/Paul ticket cause I know Paul would negotiate a severe chunk of his foreign policy for sucha ticket to happen. Unless a candidate is willing to make serious concession on foreign poliyc, Ron paul will not be their VP.

If this were to happen, knowing that, I could vote for the ticket.

dvictr
01-24-2008, 11:07 PM
well the mormons wont approve of legalizing marijuana

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-24-2008, 11:08 PM
If they refuse him the Vice Presidency, the GOP will be brought to destruction. It's up to them.

Imagine if RP did get into the White House as VP... that would be HUGE for the liberty movement. I for one would be in DC for Ron's Inauguration as Vice President!

Mitt is Ron's intellectual inferior, so Ron could have a lot of influence over him. Mitt has already mentioned that he might look at bringing troops home from Korea, Japan, etc. On monetary issues, Ron can school him. And think of how good it would be to RP in the White House on issues like the Patriot Act. He could have enormous impact.

UtahApocalypse
01-24-2008, 11:08 PM
well the mormons wont approve of legalizing marijuana

and the states can make laws against it.

Delaware
01-24-2008, 11:11 PM
Ron Paul can get the VP slot so it would be Romney/Paul, then we take over congress during the election. We have considerable pull.

V4Vendetta
01-24-2008, 11:13 PM
that will never happen!

Ron is not going to sell himself like that.

How about this..... Ron run as an independent, destroys the GOP once and for all..... GOP goes the way of the WHIGS

JMO
01-24-2008, 11:13 PM
I believe Ron Paul has stated he won't be the VP of any candidate unless they share his views. He also made the point he doesn't think any of them would ask him.

AlexMerced
01-24-2008, 11:14 PM
yeah, even RP as VP would really help rally people around the cause, we'd get a lot of crossover from all the peope who havn't embraced us yet

Danny Molina
01-24-2008, 11:15 PM
T...nt.

Vanned!

Xyrus2
01-24-2008, 11:15 PM
It looks like the party is about to get behind Romney in a major way. Watch and see.

If this happens, Rudy and Huckleberry Hound are out immediately. McCain gets his ass handed to him on Feb 5 and drops out. All that's left is Ron and Mitt.

At this point, RP sits down with Mitt and says: Give me the VP slot or I run independent and you lose the White House.

Ron can bring the four things Mitt and the GOP need: Young people new to the party, MONEY, grassroots enthusiasm, and appeal with independents.

If Romney refuses to give RP the Vice Presidency, we run independent and teach the GOP a lesson they will never forget.

Ron Paul is the only candidate that has a snowball's chance to defeat a democrat for president because of the war issue. No pro-war candidate can win.

The anti-war sentiment is very strong. The democrats are outpolling the republicans by a far margin. This will carry over to the presidential election, probably more so.

The Bush-Cheney crew has left a taste so bad in America's mouth that any republican that even has the slightest taint of neo-con will be ripped to shreds in a national election.

Ron Paul has to win the nomination. Anyone else and it will be a Ronald Regan vs. Walter Mondale type of slaughter, except this time the democrats will be the ones leading the slaughter.

I think some on here underestimate the sheer loathing of the "Republican" title that has developed over these past years. I should know. I was a Democrat until Ron Paul. The stigma out there right now, even in moderates, is that we cannot have another Bush-Cheney in the white house. If that means voting democrat then so be it.

In a lot of people's minds, anything is better than Bush and the Republican name is associated with that. Unfortunate but true. The other candidates cater to his policies, a.k.a political suicide. Any republican candidate is going to spending ALOT of time just trying to undo that damage (but they won't because they believe in it). Ron Paul is unique in that, he never really supported any of his policies. He is the anti-Bush of the crew, and that would give him an advantage as he is more anti-Bush than even the democrats are.

This is just my opinion though. But realistically there is no way any republican can win the presidency unless that republican is Ron Paul.

That still does not sway my dedication. In the event that Ron Paul loses the nomination, I will still be writing him in.

~X~

nodope0695
01-24-2008, 11:16 PM
Folks....can we please focus on WINNING? Why not Ron asking Mitt to be HIS vp?

PimpBlimp
01-24-2008, 11:16 PM
that will never happen!

Ron is not going to sell himself like that.

How about this..... Ron run as an independent, destroys the GOP once and for all..... GOP goes the way of the WHIGS

The democrats winning and becoming THE predominate government force is not acceptable.

We would fall into fascism faster than we are now with G Dub

FreestarMediaDotCom
01-24-2008, 11:17 PM
Then Ron's only official duty will be to attend funerals and break tie votes. Look at the Constitution. However, we could encourage President Romney to try rock climbing, sky diving, and take many visits to war zones...then Ron might be able to do some good.

slamhead
01-24-2008, 11:17 PM
All I know is we have to start getting the word out to the media that RP supporters will not support the republican party....RP does not have to run third party to upset their chances.

AlexMerced
01-24-2008, 11:18 PM
The democrats winning and becoming THE predominate government force is not acceptable.

We would fall into fascism faster than we are now with G Dub

it'd happen either way, but if the republicans wins they'll keep doing the same. A dem administration may suck, but it'll force the GOP to finally re-embrace their roots.

If something doesn't stand on it's foundation, it can't stand at all.

fedup100
01-24-2008, 11:19 PM
No, Ron Paul is to old to be stored away as VP a do nothing office to make sure he dies or is killed before he could help us....I say hell no!!

I fit comes to that Romney can be VP, Maybe!

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-24-2008, 11:21 PM
It is naive to think that any of the other candidates would pick RP as a running mate. A Libertarian will never be given access to the White House and be one heart attack away from the Oval Office. Get it through your head, it ain't gonna' happen. Why do you think the LP & CP are always locked out of the process to begin with? A true Constitutionalist has not had a shot at the White House in a really long time. If Ron Paul were to win enough delegates to steal the nomination, a popular neo-conservative would rise from the darkness and be cast as the Independent vote splitter for the Republican Party to ensure that Ron Paul is defeated. It matters not which party wins, as long as it's a big government globalist Democrat or a big government globalist Republican. It's one party with two faces. The only way the rEVOLution succeeds is if Ron Paul wins as President under whatever label that ends up being.

rockandrollsouls
01-24-2008, 11:25 PM
Absolutely not. It's all or nothing people. Spread the word, get the news out, and by the time the general election comes Doctor Paul's message will be unstoppable

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-24-2008, 11:26 PM
Absolutely not. It's all or nothing people. Spread the word, get the news out, and by the time the general election comes Doctor Paul's message will be unstoppable

Exactly.

hyoomen
01-24-2008, 11:27 PM
Interesting thought, but I'd prefer to either write in RP or move to a nation with a freer economy.

While I could see it being a potentially excellent ticket in terms of what they pool together, I think the only part that has cured our apathy about this whole election is that Ron Paul is so refreshing, honest, and freedom-loving. Pairing him with any of his competitors would effectively counteract RP's greatness.

RP 4 VP IS NO RP AT ALL.

mavtek
01-24-2008, 11:28 PM
I could see Mitt easily changing his mind on Iraq :) No problem hell in April he was saying we needed an exit strategy. :)

jkm1864
01-24-2008, 11:29 PM
Man You seriously think the GOP cares if they loose? Every 4 years we line up for a horse race and every four years we loose. The people at the top don't care who wins or looses because they control both puppets. Until You people realize that You will never understand why the media blacks Ron Paul out. Ron Paul is the greatest threat to the establishment ever.

Man from La Mancha
01-24-2008, 11:30 PM
The republicans have no intension of winning, they are just the picked loser to queen Hilary, like in in any fake pro wrestling match.

Ninja Homer
01-24-2008, 11:31 PM

OK, so last week you were pushing for a Ron Paul 3rd party run, and now you're pushing for a Ron Paul VP spot?

How about pushing for Ron Paul winning the GOP candidacy? Or do you have some other agenda?

Benaiah
01-24-2008, 11:33 PM
I would never vote for Paul if he was on the same ticket with ANY of the current Republicans who are running.

No Thanks.

Crickett
01-24-2008, 11:35 PM
I would never vote for Paul if he was on the same ticket with ANY of the current Republicans who are running.

No Thanks.

..and I guarantee that the Powers That Be would never have RP anywhere near the white house if they could prevent it, and they are very good at preventing..

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-24-2008, 11:37 PM
OK, so last week you were pushing for a Ron Paul 3rd party run, and now you're pushing for a Ron Paul VP spot?

How about pushing for Ron Paul winning the GOP candidacy? Or do you have some other agenda?

Actually, if you go back and look at my posts, this is the THIRD time I have mentioned a possible alliance with Romney, and about the millionth time I have said we should run independent if we don't get the GOP nomination or VP slot. I knew all along he was not going to win the GOP nomination. Anyone with an IQ above room temperature knew that.

I work every day to help Ron do as well as he can in these GOP primaries, because I know it's a springboard to the VP slot or to an independent run. I'm talking about real longterm goals here. This was never about actually winning the GOP nomination. Our job is to do the best we can, because it leads to other things. If you think, on the other hand, that this is about the GOP primary, you will quickly be discouraged and disheartened when RP doesn't win primaries. Think about it.

Michigan11
01-24-2008, 11:38 PM
The republicans have no intension of winning, they are just the picked loser to queen Hilary, like in in any fake pro wrestling match.

Very true. Ron Paul is the only man actually running. The powers that be already chose Hillary to win. We will win in the end, taking back the reins of power from this corrup Federal Reserve bank.

golf247
01-24-2008, 11:40 PM
Ron Paul is the only candidate that has a snowball's chance to defeat a democrat for president because of the war issue. No pro-war candidate can win.

I have been saying this to every Republican I talk with, but no one gets it. They rattle off stuff about Mitt this, McCain that. They are out of touch with reality. I am fully convinced that RP is the ONLY Republican candidate who can win the general election.

TER
01-24-2008, 11:41 PM
Folks....can we please focus on WINNING? Why not Ron asking Mitt to be HIS vp?

Dear God, I'd be concerned about Dr. Paul's life!

dvictr
01-24-2008, 11:41 PM
ROMNEY HATES ron paul... and ron paul supporters should HATE romney...

and hate is a very strong word

Ex Post Facto
01-24-2008, 11:43 PM
He should do it. Then follow his oath, if ever he has reason to remove Romney for violating the constitution.

John P Slevin
01-24-2008, 11:45 PM

I would oppose Ron Paul if he ever did anything like run with a mutt like mitt. So would any principled person. Obviously, Ron Paul wouldn't consider it, and only a moron would suggest it as a good idea.

Marceline88
01-24-2008, 11:45 PM
What does anybody like about Mitt. He's an empty, pointless, meaningless pressed shirt. The ONLY thing he has going for him is that old ladies think he's hot. Whoopie doo!

He has no substance, NONE. Aren't we tired of spoiled little rich boys in the oval office yet?

I do not get his appeal.

And anybody who thinks Ron would make a great VP for him.....seriously, why are you here? GO watch American Idol or something. Anybody who finds any leadership value in Mitt Romney has jello for brains. Makin' me sick here, for real.

Badger Paul
01-24-2008, 11:46 PM
Mitt would tell Ron to buzz off if he did that and rightly so.

The only way a non-major party candidacy works is if the two party nominees are Hilary Clinton and John McCain. If McCain wins Florida, then we nedd to start preparing because he more than likely sweep the board on Super Tuesday.

If Romney wins Florida, which is what I'm hoping, then we could see a brokered convention. It's more likely at least.

spudea
01-24-2008, 11:46 PM
duh! Mitt Romney could have an "accident"...

Badger Paul
01-24-2008, 11:47 PM
Romney may be an empty suit but I'll take that over The Hundred Years War any day of the week.

nullvalu
01-24-2008, 11:57 PM
Mitt flip flops quite a bit.... who's to say he wouldn't change his mind on Iraq? :D

http://images.politico.com/global/flip%20the%20dolphin.jpg

Akus
01-24-2008, 11:57 PM

where is that rudy pic when you need one?:p

UCFGavin
01-25-2008, 12:06 AM
i wouldn't vote for romney if RP was his VP. i know he wouldn't take the position of romney's VP, but if he did, he wouldn't have my vote.

affa
01-25-2008, 12:09 AM
Never.

kotetu
01-25-2008, 12:09 AM
Ron Paul Pres, Clint Eastwood Vice-pres. XD

Detonator
01-25-2008, 12:10 AM
There's no way in hell that RP would run as VP, especially with someone named after a baseball glove.

'If' the GOP does jump to Romney "in a major way" (I really have no idea what that means) then RP is as done as everyone else. He won't run as a third-party candidate, even if he did, he would lose and so would Romney--then you will being saying President Clinton for the next four-years... ugggg

I'm supporting RP 100% and no one else, if RP loses I'm not voting. I'm an anarchist at heart, but there's something special about that old man that I can't describe.

cputter
01-25-2008, 12:28 AM
terrible idea!

Ron has principles!

RonPaulVolunteer
01-25-2008, 01:01 AM
Reality is this... So many people will write-in Ron Paul if he doesn't get the nomination and doesn't run third party, that unless Ron Paul wins the nomination, the Republican party has zero chance of winning. And they know it. That's why he was asked the question tonight. The GOP is genuinely scared. It's Ron Paul as the Nominee or a Dem in the White House. There is no other possible scenario.

gregl26
01-25-2008, 01:08 AM
He should do it. Then follow his oath, if ever he has reason to remove Romney for violating the constitution.

hmm..

wfd40
01-25-2008, 01:09 AM

The anti-war sentiment is very strong. The democrats are outpolling the republicans by a far margin. This will carry over to the presidential election, probably more so.

The Bush-Cheney crew has left a taste so bad in America's mouth that any republican that even has the slightest taint of neo-con will be ripped to shreds in a national election.

Ron Paul has to win the nomination. Anyone else and it will be a Ronald Regan vs. Walter Mondale type of slaughter, except this time the democrats will be the ones leading the slaughter.

I think some on here underestimate the sheer loathing of the "Republican" title that has developed over these past years. I should know. I was a Democrat until Ron Paul. The stigma out there right now, even in moderates, is that we cannot have another Bush-Cheney in the white house. If that means voting democrat then so be it.

In a lot of people's minds, anything is better than Bush and the Republican name is associated with that. Unfortunate but true. The other candidates cater to his policies, a.k.a political suicide. Any republican candidate is going to spending ALOT of time just trying to undo that damage (but they won't because they believe in it). Ron Paul is unique in that, he never really supported any of his policies. He is the anti-Bush of the crew, and that would give him an advantage as he is more anti-Bush than even the democrats are.

This is just my opinion though. But realistically there is no way any republican can win the presidency unless that republican is Ron Paul.

That still does not sway my dedication. In the event that Ron Paul loses the nomination, I will still be writing him in.

~X~

Regarding the bolded section... why doesn't Dr. Paul say as much during the debates...? why doesn't he say that people need to make some choices... they can either be for the war and thus for our country going into a major major recession because 1trillion dollars a year is being spent over seas instead of here at home....

Or..

They can decided that we have done all that we could possibly do in Iraq and that its time for our troops to come home and its time to go back to our conservative, limited govn't, pro-liberty roots and essentially save this country from the financial ruin we're heading towards..

==========

Why can't he just say something like that? Literally, ask the people to make a choice.. because everyone else up there is for more of the same

Runnerguy
01-25-2008, 01:11 AM
ROMNEY HATES ron paul... and ron paul supporters should HATE romney...

and hate is a very strong word Romney's comments about Ron have been flat out disgusting. I remember in the last debate he purposefully mistated that Ron Paul supports illegal immigration.

What a lying a$$clown.

gregl26
01-25-2008, 01:14 AM

~X~

as a former ralph nader voter due to his anti-corporate control of the political system policies i understand and am familiar with the ABSOLUTE hatred that lefties have for bush. therefore Dr. Paul is the best chance we have to defeat the dem's. there should be NO compromise though with the warmonger candidates. Ron Paul or Die!!

AMack
01-25-2008, 01:20 AM
Amazingly, I would vote for that ticket. Not because of Mitt, just because RP is on it. I hate to admit it, but for some reason I hate Mitt the least our of all the republican candidates. Perhaps it is because my dad is a Mitt supporter and we have been battling back and forth over the past several months.

Not that it will matter once RP wins the brokered convention.

Andy

Second_Tier_My_Ass
01-25-2008, 01:29 AM
Why couldn't RP ask Mitt to be HIS VP? think about it.

If Mitt declines, RP goes independent and Mitt loses, hands down. he receives nothing and wastes tens of millions of dollars.

If he agrees, he gets to be part of the winning ticket. RP is fairly old, so he may or may not get to run for a second term if he wins the presidency. After 4 years as the VP, Mitt would be closely associated with the administration that restores America onto the right track, and he would be able to run for president himself, and most likely win. Hopefully by then he will have learned a thing or two and run the country correctly, according to Ron Paul's principles.

Mitt is a smart man, and a very good businessman. He has to realize what the true nature of the situation is. He knows he can't win anything this election as long as Ron Paul is running, unless he agrees to become part of Ron's team. The most that Mitt can possibly win is in this election is a VP slot, and ultimately the presidency in 4 or 8 years.

ProfNo
01-25-2008, 01:39 AM
Why couldn't RP ask Mitt to be HIS VP? think about it.

If Mitt declines, RP goes independent and Mitt loses, hands down. he receives nothing and wastes tens of millions of dollars.

If he agrees, he gets to be part of the winning ticket. RP is fairly old, so he may or may not get to run for a second term if he wins the presidency. After 4 years as the VP, Mitt would be closely associated with the administration that restores America onto the right track, and he would be able to run for president himself, and most likely win. Hopefully by then he will have learned a thing or two and run the country correctly, according to Ron Paul's principles.

Mitt is a smart man, and a very good businessman. He has to realize what the true nature of the situation is. He knows he can't win anything this election as long as Ron Paul is running, unless he agrees to become part of Ron's team. The most that Mitt can possibly win is in this election is a VP slot, and ultimately the presidency in 4 or 8 years.

He is smart but not that smart. Plus, he is ahead right now. He wants to win the whole pot, not the second prize.

Malakai0
01-25-2008, 01:41 AM
He said once he would only consider it if the candidate came around to his view of foreign policy.

Honestly if it can't be Ron I'd rather Romney than any of the others. He does already have a lot of his own money, and he flip flops all over so he will probably just stick with public opinion. At least I don't think he's evil like mccain or a religious freak and/or con artist like huckleberry.

yanksforpaul
01-25-2008, 01:44 AM
The only way I'd vote for that ticket is if Hillary were on the other side, and even then I'd have to think carefully. Romney came off OK in today's debates but in general I can't stand him. He's textbook evil.

That said, I can't see Romney choosing him. He'd probably take Chucklebee, who appeals to southerners, Evangelicals, and people who are taken in by his "Aw, shucks" routine. They're a far larger population than RP supporters.

DFF
01-25-2008, 02:12 AM

Hence why they ALL keep asking RP if he'll go 3rd party. They know 3rd party = death for the GOP.

tomveil
01-25-2008, 02:22 AM

~X~

Being a democrat, I agree 100% with this. With my friends I can say "He's about as much of a republican as I am." They get how ironic that is. It's harder to explain to strangers :(

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-25-2008, 02:25 AM
Hence why they ALL keep asking RP if he'll go 3rd party. They know 3rd party = death for the GOP.

We hold all the cards.

evandi
01-25-2008, 02:38 AM
We hold all the cards.

*cackles maniacally*

No, we don't.

BigRedBrent
01-25-2008, 02:46 AM
WE ARE NOT TEAMING UP WITH FLIP FLOP ROMNEY UNLESS HE'S OUR CAMPAIGN TOWEL BOY!

and even that is too close from getting hair goop in your eye...Got it yet?

Agreed, and I personally thing Ron Paul would also agree.

BigRedBrent
01-25-2008, 02:48 AM
It would never be allowed. The same people who control the Republican Party control the Democratic party. It makes no difference which party wins, only that it is one of the Establishment candidates that are the annointed "frontrunners" in both parties. It's only the average Republican who fears Ron splitting the Republican vote allowing a Democrat to win. They are in the same trap as those who place all their faith in the Democratic Party. The top levels of both parties are on the same team.

And now I don't have to say it. Thank you.

Dave Pedersen
01-25-2008, 02:53 AM
What could Mitt offer Ron to stay out of a third party run? VP? Nope. But what?? Napalitano for Attorney General? Out of Iraq in one year? (Mitt knows that would help him anyway). Mitt's mitts are relatively clean concerning votes against civil liberties in congress such as Patriot Act etc.. what could Mitt offer Ron to stay out of a third party run that Ron won't do anyway? They have much to offer each other and little to lose. Ron doesn't want to run third party. Mitt wants to adopt an early out from the Iraq war. So what could sweeten the pot for both of them?

Romney won't offer Ron the VP slot Ron has been ridiculed too much, as VP Ron would be unwanted loss of credibility. But there are other options. perhaps some support behind the scenes for libertarian minded candidates running for national seats? Ron is probably tired of being the lone voice in congress and wants to pass the torch on to at least a few younger people.

rp08orbust
01-25-2008, 02:56 AM
Don't assume that Paul will join Romney unless Romney changes his mind on his stance in Iraq.

Sometimes flip-flopping can be good. He's just have to do it after getting elected.

BigRedBrent
01-25-2008, 03:10 AM

Exactly, people need to understand this.

And if Ron Paul gets the republican nomination you can expect an independent with unlimited resources try to run to take some of Ron Paul's votes away. Well I hope by then people will be made aware of this before it happens so they know that is why.

I and many others have predicted this well before it has happened. Watch and see if it does so we can reference back to the early predictions.

I love how smart Ron Paul supporters are! We will need every ounce of brain power if we wish to win this battle though. Keep it up all of you! Do not stop looking for new ways to increase our power.

Dave Pedersen
01-25-2008, 03:17 AM

And if Ron Paul gets the republican nomination you can expect an independent with unlimited resources try to run to take some of Ron Paul's votes away. Well I hope by then people will be made aware of this before it happens so they know that is why.

I and many others have predicted this well before it has happened. Watch and see if it does so we can reference back to the early predictions.

I love how smart Ron Paul supporters are! We will need every ounce of brain power if we wish to win this battle though. Keep it up all of you! Do not stop looking for new ways to increase our power.

That's exactly how they beat Taft. They crowned Woodrow Wilson and recruited Bull Moose Teddy Roosevelt to split the republican vote. Worked like a charm.

hawks4ronpaul
01-25-2008, 03:18 AM
If anything, young Romney should be the VP so he can study Paulonomics for 8 years and keep the faith for the 3rd and 4th terms.

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

Omnis
01-25-2008, 03:54 AM
I will not vote for Romney. Period. That guy is a tyrant snake.

manny
01-25-2008, 03:56 AM
as a former ralph nader voter due to his anti-corporate control of the political system policies i understand and am familiar with the ABSOLUTE hatred that lefties have for bush. therefore Dr. Paul is the best chance we have to defeat the dem's. there should be NO compromise though with the warmonger candidates. Ron Paul or Die!!

That's a good new motto/campaign slogan for us to have.

I would have no objection to Romney - who seems half-way diplomatic, reasonably intelligent and don't forget that hair - getting a junior position in a RP administration; something that required lots of meeting and greeting, shaking hands, posing for pics etc. But I would want a part of his contract to be at least an hour's study per day of economics and history. In four years we can put his position up for review.

As for Ron being Mitt's VP - that was a joke, right?

Look at the press coming from Ron's campaign suddenly - endorsed by a former governor and financial expert, unveiling economic plans, couple of second places, possible first, having booked lots of ads for super-tuesday. He's stepping on the gas and we should do the same. Anyone read that debate on freerepublic? - they are waking up to the fact that Ron is the only conservative. The others should be begging Ron for a cabinet position. And he should refuse.

manny
01-25-2008, 03:59 AM
p.s. I'm in agreement with those who think Ron should be up-front with the Republican base:

"vote for me, or it's President Hillary for 4 years"

He should point out that because 70% of Americans are anti-war and because so many of his supporters will stay away if anyone else wins the R nomination, that they have to grow-up and vote for him. McCain? Ha - he would get crushed by Hitlery.

Joe3113
01-25-2008, 04:30 AM

NO..It's beneath Ron's dignity to be a vice president to that CFR traitor

smtwngrl
01-25-2008, 05:15 AM
I work every day to help Ron do as well as he can in these GOP primaries, because I know it's a springboard to the VP slot or to an independent run. I'm talking about real longterm goals here. This was never about actually winning the GOP nomination. Our job is to do the best we can, because it leads to other things. If you think, on the other hand, that this is about the GOP primary, you will quickly be discouraged and disheartened when RP doesn't win primaries. Think about it.

Hey, guess what? Ron Paul is not a flip-flopper. He has been asked about a million times if he might run third party. He has said he does not plan to do that, and he means what he says. If he turned around and ran independently, this could be played back a million times, and it would not work in his favor.

I think the only reason he refused to say 100% that he would not run independently (he said 99.9%) is that he realized that there are some extreme circumstances in which he might. For example, if he got enough delegates to win the Republican nomination, but was cheated out of it, he might well decide to run 3rd party. But I think that's one of the only circumstances, and perhaps even the only one, in which he would.

If you think that this is about the a third party run, you will quickly be discouraged and disheartened when RP doesn't run third party. Think about it.

Actually, if you go back and look at my posts, this is the THIRD time I have mentioned a possible alliance with Romney, and about the millionth time I have said we should run independent if we don't get the GOP nomination or VP slot. I knew all along he was not going to win the GOP nomination. Anyone with an IQ above room temperature knew that.

It must be all of those hundreds or thousands of articles (containing the "he can not win" statement) that have etched this into your brain. :D O.K, and there may have been other factors. ;)

But also consider this. A lot of unexpected/miraculous things have happened so far. Those of us who have been around awhile have seen them. One example:

At the beginning of the 4th quarter, the campaign set a fundraising goal. Almost everyone (myself included) considered this to be unrealistically high. (Hey, maybe even the campaign thought it a little high.) By the end of October, only $2.7 million had been raised.

Who would have dreamed, at that point that nearly $20M would have been raised by the end of the quarter. We would have considered it miraculous to get to $12M.

In the primaries, Ron Paul has had a slow start. But he has done better in Nevada and Louisiana.

And we are in very strange circumstances this election. There is no clear winner. Most of the Republican candidates are broke. The economy is doing poorly, and could do a lot worse, quickly. And though it's not obvious yet to the average person that RP has an economic revitalization package, and that it runs circles around those of any of the other candidates, it could possibly become more obvious.

The 4Q fundraising numbers will be coming out before Feb. 5, and they will only show a continuation of the trend last year. Namely, if anyone looks at the figures, it is obvious that the other candidates spend money like big government themselves. Not what we need to lead us out of a recession.

So, yes, at this point, Ron Paul's chances of securing the nomination appear unlikely. But don't be so quick to insult the intelligence of those of us who still think it possible. It's not over until the fat lady sings.

ddoggphx
01-25-2008, 05:17 AM
The reason it might work, is because Mitt would have to soften his IRAQ stance, but teaming up with Dr. Paul would force the on the fence dems who don't like Hil but hate the war, and the independents, to flock to the Mitt/Paul ticket.

And what a ticket.

A guy with two first names and a guy with no first names. A match made in heaven, or when chocolate and peanut butter happen to find themselves entwined...

revolutionary8
01-25-2008, 05:22 AM
are whispering 'double guantanamo! double guantanmo!'!
Ron Paul would never chose cfr NWO rich for the taking BilderpuppetRomney.

This is funny.
Ron Paul wants to restore Habeus Corpus, Mitt wants to take it away, TWICE, then double the prisons!!!.

No way. No how. Never.

revolutionary8
01-25-2008, 05:23 AM
The reason it might work, is because Mitt would have to soften his IRAQ stance, but teaming up with Dr. Paul would force the on the fence dems who don't like Hil but hate the war, and the independents, to flock to the Mitt/Paul ticket.

And what a ticket.

A guy with two first names and a guy with no first names. A match made in heaven, or when chocolate and peanut butter happen to find themselves entwined...

BULLSHIT

smtwngrl
01-25-2008, 05:34 AM
I'd vote for Mitt/Paul ticket cause I know Paul would negotiate a severe chunk of his foreign policy for sucha ticket to happen. Unless a candidate is willing to make serious concession on foreign poliyc, Ron paul will not be their VP.

If this were to happen, knowing that, I could vote for the ticket.

I think you've cut to the heart of it here. Not only would Mitt have to make big concessions on foreign policy, but he would have to do so in other areas as well-- economic principles and civil liberties. I don't know the likelihood of Mitt's offering or being willing to make those concessions. But it would be a smart move on his part.

lynnf
01-25-2008, 06:51 AM
I think you've cut to the heart of it here. Not only would Mitt have to make big concessions on foreign policy, but he would have to do so in other areas as well-- economic principles and civil liberties. I don't know the likelihood of Mitt's offering or being willing to make those concessions. But it would be a smart move on his part.

Mitt would do or say anything to be Prez, obviously. On the VP, former VP John Nance Garner said VP "wasn't worth a warm bucket of 'spit'" (spit wasn't what he used, but that's the clean version). if Ron became VP, we'd have to hope that something would come up to make Romney resign or something - Ron would be relegated to the corner (Prez Senate is so great that they mostly have surrogates perform that for them). Cheney has made VP into something else only because George lets him or can't stop him.

lynn

Eric21ND
01-25-2008, 07:13 AM

At this point with all the unfairness towards Ron Paul coming from the GOP establishment and every other angle I say GOOD let them think that and I hope the taste lingers for this entire year.

Eric21ND
01-25-2008, 07:17 AM

I agree, if Paul was the nominee I bet you would see Bloomberg and maybe even someone like Newt mount an Independent run just to try to ruin us.

speciallyblend
01-25-2008, 07:20 AM
No Ron says you make me a the president and romney the vp or i leave the party and take 10-20% of the base with me.

i would never vote for ron as the vp

Eric21ND
01-25-2008, 07:22 AM

And what a ticket.

They would not "flock to the ticket" because they're would still be a dipshit at the helm. Even die hard Ron Paul supporters here said they would never support that ticket so how would on the fence dems come over? Your dreaming.

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-25-2008, 07:38 AM

Quit thinking in terms of the Democrats and Republicans being independent and competitors. IT"S A TRAP! That is only true for the average members of those parties. At the top they are the same party. As long as they keep the people divided relatively down the middle with the illusion of an ideological difference, the status quo remains unscathed. It's irrelevant which faction (Republican or Democrat) wins. As long as it's Clinton, Romney, Obama, McCain, Edwards, Huckabee or Giuliani, then the American people lose.

All of you who think you can "teach the GOP a lesson" by splitting the vote and putting a Democrat in the White House are falling for the scam.

Perium
01-25-2008, 07:42 AM
I wish Paul would threaten to run as a Independent to secure at VP position.

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-25-2008, 07:49 AM
I wish Paul would threaten to run as a Independent to secure at VP position.

You don't get it.

This is how you need to start viewing it. This election is about Ron Paul vs. everyone else. Clinton, Romney, Obama, McCain, Edwards, Huckabee and Giuliani are ON THE SAME TEAM.

RON PAUL WILL NEVER BE PAIRED WITH ONE OF THE ENEMY. ALL OF THE MEDIA-ANNOINTED "FRONTRUNNERS" ARE THE ENEMY.

To speculate about Ron Paul being paired up with any of them IS A TOTAL AND COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

Seanmc30
01-25-2008, 07:52 AM
Sounds reasonable to me

Well, to be honest, I agree. I would rather see RP stay in the game and handle the financial situation than just keep plugging away voting "NO" in congress.

DAFTEK
01-25-2008, 07:58 AM
After everything i have seen going on in this campaign and what the Republican party has done, the Media Blackout and all the dirty tricks Obama wins our vote, Why? This is pure Fascism and i wont throw away my vote by Righting in Ron Paul's name in the ballot anymore, i wont vote for any republican if it wont be Ron Paul as president. I know some people already who are Paul voters in Iowa that have said they will vote Obama if Paul drops out and i have to agree, me and my wife will do the same.... The GOP has lost my trust and this country is going down the tubes where you cant trust anyone anymore...

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-25-2008, 08:01 AM
the people saying they wont for them are probably the same people who believe in concpiracies, NWO, CFR.... look Romney aint that bad. The GOP knows they need Pauls base, they aint dumb.

No, what they ain't is independent of the Democrats. They don't want the part of Paul's base who are critical thinkers, they just want that part of Paul's base who are still fooled into believing the two parties are competitors.

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-25-2008, 08:03 AM
After everything i have seen going on in this campaign and what the Republican party has done, the Media Blackout and all the dirty tricks Obama wins our vote, Why? This is pure Fascism and i wont throw away my vote by Righting in Ron Paul's name in the ballot anymore, i wont vote for any republican if it wont be Ron Paul as president. I know some people already who are Paul voters in Iowa that have said they will vote Obama if Paul drops out and i have to agree, me and my wife will do the same.... The GOP has lost my trust and this country is going down the tubes where you cant trust anyone anymore...

Obama and all of the Republicans except for Paul are on the same team. A vote for Obama is totally wasted.

rg123
01-25-2008, 08:06 AM

Thats the stupidest thing I ever heard Mitt couldn't hold Ron's jock on his best day

If Ron runs 3rd party it will be after all the smoke clears quit trying to tip his hand
and stop talking about a third pty run until it is nescessary

DAFTEK
01-25-2008, 08:07 AM
Obama and all of the Republicans except for Paul are on the same team. A vote for Obama is totally wasted.

What team are you talking about?

drain
01-25-2008, 08:15 AM
hmm.. i think mitt could be convinced to change his mind on many things. we've seen it before.

also, VP is one step away if something happens ya know.

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-25-2008, 08:16 AM
What team are you talking about?

The team that blocks, ridicules, ignores and smears Ron Paul all the way. The single big-government globalist party that promotes the illusion of being two different parties.

rprprs
01-25-2008, 08:25 AM
The team that blocks, ridicules, ignores and smears Ron Paul all the way. The single big-government globalist party that promotes the illusion of being two different parties.

You are spot on with that. We used to have a local radio commentator who repeatedly said that there's not a dime's worth of difference between the two parties. An understatement, in my view.

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-25-2008, 08:28 AM
You are spot on with that. We used to have a local radio commentator who repeatedly said that there's not a dime's worth of difference between the two parties. An understatement, in my view.

When a military coup is used to overthrow a country, the first things that are seized are the press and the political establishments. In this country it happened with money and stealth, not violence.

westmich4paul
01-25-2008, 09:38 AM
I am finding it very hard right now that I am actually in a Ron Paul forum that is actually talking about Ron taking a V.P. job on the Romney ticket. This is just absurd. If anything Romney should be taking a V.P. job from Ron and save his party. Without Ron in the party is shot to hell. I do not care what Faux says, what Pat Buchanan says, what Politico says, ect.

Read my lips, Ron has enough support to trip up a Republican Presidency and don't think for one second that the Republican Party does not allready know this. The only way for Republican party to win the Whitehouse is through Ron Paul. Ron could school Romney into the conservative way of thinking and really help Romney politically in the future. Ron is 71 and probably has a good 2 terms left before he hands down the baton. With Ron Teaching young Romney this could project into another 2 term Presidency for Romney and he is young enough to wait.

Those in the heirarchy of the Republican Party are probably trying to sway Ron into a V.P. job or something in a cabinet position, but for the movement and the country The time for Ron is now and with enough money and continued support growth not only is this achievable but it IS DO-ABLE! Ron should accept nothing less than the Presidency.

Romney has flip-flopped on the issues before and he can do it again, this time the right way. It will take time, money and alot of effort but I think we can bring the Republican Party back to it's glory as the Grand Ole Party with just such a scenario. This method would guarantee us another 16 yrs in the Whitehouse because Rons conservative plan would make things much better for everyone and Liberty would shine through even to other parties.

To My Republican brothers, The time is now, the time is Ron's, he has paid his dues, and he has paid his dues with interest with all the B.S. YOU HAVE GIVEN HIM ALONG THE WAY! It is either Ron Paul for President or your Party will be broken for a very, very, long time.

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-25-2008, 09:45 AM
I am finding it very hard right now that I am actually in a Ron Paul forum that is actually talking about Ron taking a V.P. job on the Romney ticket. This is just absurd. If anything Romney should be taking a V.P. job from Ron and save his party. Without Ron in the party is shot to hell. I do not care what Faux says, what Pat Buchanan says, what Politico says, ect.

Read my lips, Ron has enough support to trip up a Republican Presidency and don't think for one second that the Republican Party does not allready know this. The only way for Republican party to win the Whitehouse is through Ron Paul. Ron could school Romney into the conservative way of thinking and really help Romney politically in the future. Ron is 71 and probably has a good 2 terms left before he hands down the baton. With Ron Teaching young Romney this could project into another 2 term Presidency for Romney and he is young enough to wait.

Those in the heirarchy of the Republican Party are probably trying to sway Ron into a V.P. job or something in a cabinet position, but for the movement and the country The time for Ron is now and with enough money and continued support growth not only is this achievable but it IS DO-ABLE! Ron should accept nothing less than the Presidency.

Romney has flip-flopped on the issues before and he can do it again, this time the right way. It will take time, money and alot of effort but I think we can bring the Republican Party back to it's glory as the Grand Ole Party with just such a scenario. This method would guarantee us another 16 yrs in the Whitehouse because Rons conservative plan would make things much better for everyone and Liberty would shine through even to other parties.

To My Republican brothers, The time is now, the time is Ron's, he has paid his dues, and he has paid his dues with interest with all the B.S. YOU HAVE GIVEN HIM ALONG THE WAY! It is either Ron Paul for President or your Party will be broken for a very, very, long time.

The Republican Party and the Democratic Party are the SAME PARTY. Anyone who places their faith in either party loses. Ron Paul is our only chance to break the grip on power. Read my lips, the Republican leadership does not care if a Democrat wins, as long as Ron Paul doesn't win.

mconder
01-25-2008, 10:14 AM

...and his views on the 2nd amendment, torture, monetary policy, and government managed health care.

cayton
01-25-2008, 11:19 AM
I would vote for a Romney/Paul ticket

Paul getting the vp slot would be a great move towards what we all want. Romney says what it takes to get elected, I dont think he believes half of what he says. He's proven to be a good businessman and if he'll take paul as a vp, I'd be down with it.

Voluntaryist
01-25-2008, 11:34 AM

+ Infinity

THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!

If the GOP doesnt wake the FUCK up, and realize that they need Ron in order to stay alive, then they can go the way of the dinosaur and become extinct. They would DESERVE it.

If Romney gets the nomination, then the Dems win GUARANTEED. And if thats what happens, then the GOP would deserve to sleep in the bed they made.

The truth is that the GOP needs Dr. Paul more than Dr. Paul needs the GOP. This is THEIR ass on the line. And if they cant get their shit together then they deserve extinction as a political party.

DahuiHeeNalu
01-25-2008, 12:19 PM
I don't like Mitt and wouldn't agree to this.

MusoSpuso
01-25-2008, 12:26 PM
I don't think Dr. Paul would be willing to do that, for ethical reasons. He couldn't support someone like Mitt.

+1. Done.

Join The Paul Side
01-25-2008, 12:31 PM

Mitt is a warmongerer. Unless you think Ron Paul is gonna become a warmongerer as well overnight then I just don't see it happening. Please stop posting this nonsense. Just go join Mitt's club why don't ya? We're Ron Paul fanatics over here. We don't believe Ron would join sides with any of them neocons running for office. Besides, Ron himself already stated he wouldn't. So when I read posts like yours I know it's time to cover my ears and say "LA LA LA LA LA." :cool:

slacker921
01-25-2008, 12:46 PM
It won't happen. Paul won't join them. The neo-conservative GOP is going down in flames. They'll hand the keys to the White House over to Hillary before they let Paul sneak in even as a VP.

RickyJ
01-25-2008, 12:51 PM

Think again! Ron Paul is running for President, not VP. If anything he will tell Romney to get out and support him. He won't offer Romney VP becasue of his views on the war. Ron Paul will either be the next President or Hillary will. Romney has no chance. He is wasting his money.

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-25-2008, 12:52 PM
+ Infinity

THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!

If the GOP doesnt wake the FUCK up, and realize that they need Ron in order to stay alive, then they can go the way of the dinosaur and become extinct. They would DESERVE it.

If Romney gets the nomination, then the Dems win GUARANTEED. And if thats what happens, then the GOP would deserve to sleep in the bed they made.

The truth is that the GOP needs Dr. Paul more than Dr. Paul needs the GOP. This is THEIR ass on the line. And if they cant get their shit together then they deserve extinction as a political party.

Democratic Party = Republican Party

Your line of thinking regarding these two parties being independent and in competition with each other is the fatal trap that average Americans are caught in. They appear ideologically different, but the difference is only on the surface. At the core they are the same. There is the appearance of an epic struggle between them, but the public isn't shown that the battle being waged is being done so on the deck of the Titanic.

If the Democrats win, the Republicans win. Ron Paul is the common enemy of both parties' leadership. As long as the winner is Clinton, Romney, Obama, McCain, Edwards, Huckabee or Giuliani wins, both parties win. The "frontrunner" Democrats and Republicans are not a threat to each other at all. If ANY of them win, Free America loses. The only threat to those two parties' grip on power is a true Constitutionalist.

It's Ron Paul vs. ALL of the rest of them. Forget the idea of Ron teaming up with any of them. Forget the idea of the Republican Party getting scared and caring if they lose the White House and thinking that Ron Paul can play on that fear politically and make demands.

Anyone who believes otherwise is assisting with their own enslavement by helping to perpetuate the Republicans vs. Democrats trap.

Molly1
01-25-2008, 01:19 PM
Democratic Party = Republican Party

Your line of thinking regarding these two parties being independent and in competition with each other is the fatal trap that average Americans are caught in. They appear ideologically different, but the difference is only on the surface. At the core they are the same. There is the appearance of an epic struggle between them, but the public isn't shown that the battle being waged is being done so on the deck of the Titanic.

If the Democrats win, the Republicans win. Ron Paul is the common enemy of both parties' leadership. As long as the winner is Clinton, Romney, Obama, McCain, Edwards, Huckabee or Giuliani wins, both parties win. The "frontrunner" Democrats and Republicans are not a threat to each other at all. If ANY of them win, Free America loses. The only threat to those two parties' grip on power is a true Constitutionalist.

It's Ron Paul vs. ALL of the rest of them. Forget the idea of Ron teaming up with any of them. Forget the idea of the Republican Party getting scared and caring if they lose the White House and thinking that Ron Paul can play on that fear politically and make demands.

Anyone who believes otherwise is assisting with their own enslavement by helping to perpetuate the Republicans vs. Democrats trap.

+10000

Maltheus
01-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Quit thinking in terms of the Democrats and Republicans being independent and competitors. IT"S A TRAP! That is only true for the average members of those parties. At the top they are the same party. As long as they keep the people divided relatively down the middle with the illusion of an ideological difference, the status quo remains unscathed. It's irrelevant which faction (Republican or Democrat) wins. As long as it's Clinton, Romney, Obama, McCain, Edwards, Huckabee or Giuliani, then the American people lose.

All of you who think you can "teach the GOP a lesson" by splitting the vote and putting a Democrat in the White House are falling for the scam.

I agree that they're all the same and it doesn't matter to them who gets elected, but it does to the people. The Republican base does not want Hillary elected. The Democrat base wants an end to the war. Can you imagine Hillary vs. a McCain/Lieberman ticket? We wouldn't even have to canvas, they'd come to us from both sides.

We would most definitely be teaching the party a lesson by splitting the vote. Most of these caucuses are ground up organizations who have no interaction with the puppet masters. If they leave and let the GOP rot (like they have been), then that fictional balance gets messed up. The scam (as you put it) only works as long as there is the perception of a see-saw between the two parties. The destruction of the GOP will force them to reorganize. They'll most likely do that by reluctantly adopting watered down versions of some of Pauls' positions.

joelfarm
01-25-2008, 02:24 PM
I would vote for that ticket. If he offered to be V.P. to anyone else I could not vote for it.

Same for me. Otherwise, I will not waste my time to vote for ANY of the four horseman.

newyearsrevolution08
01-25-2008, 02:29 PM
why is it even ASSumed that ron paul would be v.p. in that "idea"?

Ron Paul 4 President and if he wants mittens as a v.p. (doubt it) then that is his decision.

Stop searching for a reason to justify ron paul losing before the battle is fought.

tbarnett17
01-25-2008, 02:35 PM
Well... Idk. Seems today the current VP runs the show and Bush is a stooge. Maybe ole'Mitt could be the stooge and RP could run the show! ;) -Tyler

fmontez
01-25-2008, 02:36 PM

Forget VP. Ron Paul as Secretary of the Treasury! This is doable folks...

EvilNight
01-25-2008, 02:38 PM
I have a better idea.

Ron Paul as President. Accept no substitutes. Accept no negotiations.

Babylon
01-25-2008, 02:44 PM

Great plan.

Except for one problem.

Ron Paul as an independent would draw less than 2% (at most) of the vote.
At most.

He'll be out of money within a couple weeks.
That's a fact.

And, without money, he will be gone after Feb 5.

The more states he loses -- the more debates he screws up -- the less money he will get.
He'll be lucky to pull in $5,000 a day after the losses he will suffer on Feb. 5.

UziSprayTF
01-25-2008, 02:44 PM
Guys I know you hate to admit it but Romney would never make Ron VP. Ever. NEVER, EVER, EVER. I would want him too, but it just won't happen.

If you have taken statistics you will get what I'm talking about.

If our mean (average) enthusiam is say 8 points out of 10 it means we are going to have alot more people on the tails of the bell curve that are far over 10 out of 10. They probably hang out at stormfront. They would do everything in their power to see that RP was the president. EVERYTHING. Don't act all surprised, you know it's true. The people at the top of the GOP know it too. Even if they were comfortable with RP as VP, they know the risk of a hit is too high. Like 1000x more likely. I know that Ron would never condon that, but like I said, those stormfronters are fucking crazy.

PatriotG
01-25-2008, 03:12 PM
I don't think Ron's interested in being Mitt's VP.

I dont want to see a President Romney Period.

It's Paul or doom.

I would love to see Paul Win the top slot

And see alot of us in congress in 2008!

N13
01-25-2008, 03:57 PM

This time, I'm with you on that possibility mon.

Plus, RP can shape Romney like clay.

dbhohio47
01-25-2008, 05:53 PM
Why would Mitt Romney, an establishment republican candidate, want to have anything to do with Ron Paul?! By the GOP's way of thinking, RP is the anti-christ....their worst nightmare....a rebel-rouser that wants people to wake up and think for themselves. Trust dirknb when he tells you that that will NEVER happen.

You have to look at the situation from an understanding of the hierarchy of power. A rather oversimplified explanation works like this:

The most powerful group (the power elite) are skimming the cream off the top and don't really care which party is in power.... they will make their money regardless. Their only motivation is to ensure that the system continues to function as designed. These interests include the global corporations, the banking, insurance, and military-industrial complex.

The next tier don't have this level of power and consequently derive their power from an allignment with one or the other party. They are free to compete with one another to wrestle for temporary power.... as long as they don't tamper with the system too much that it has consequences for the top tier. This is the level where your typical politician is..... they understand the game and act as the annointed frontman for their side in exchange for a piece of the action. The power at this tier is basically in determining how the crumbs will be distributed to the lower level. This level includes all the political constituency that actually have the ears of their elected representatives....the special interests.... that have money and/or voting power to make their wills heard and actually shape policy decisions.

The lowest tier are the sheeple. They generally understand their lot, realizing the system is stacked against them, and consequently allign with the candidate of their choice in the hopes that some of the campaign promises eventually trickle down to their level (welfare programs, tax reductions, etc.). Their perceived power is in the ability to decide where the majority of the crumbs will land.

Ron Paul, his candidacy and following, represents the whistleblowers.... the people that have awoken to the realization that the system doesn't have to be this way.... that "radical" changes can be made to adjust the playing field to make it more consistent with the government our forefathers originally devised. This line of thinking represents a major threat to the way of life for the power brokers at the top levels.... and, consequently, must be squelched in order to maintain that power. The only way that a white knight movement of this nature succeeds is if: 1) the top levels weren't really motivated by greed and personal interest and truly desired a better system; or 2) it becomes the will of the masses and therefore a political mandate to clean house at every level. Given the obvious blackouts and distortions by the MSM, I'd say #1 is pretty much out of the question. And, given RP's poll numbers, not enough people have awoken for #2 to occur.

WilliamC
01-25-2008, 06:06 PM
Forget VP. Ron Paul as Secretary of the Treasury! This is doable folks...

Uhhh.....in case you forgot, Bush fired his first Sec. Treasury because he wouldn't lie about the debt crisis.

No, the Republican's need to nominate Ron Paul or be prepared to lose the White House in November.

Paulitical Correctness
01-25-2008, 06:10 PM
A short and to the point "What the fuck..?" will suffice.

Tidewise
01-25-2008, 06:16 PM
Why would Mitt Romney, an establishment republican candidate, want to have anything to do with Ron Paul?! By the GOP's way of thinking, RP is the anti-christ....their worst nightmare....a rebel-rouser that wants people to wake up and think for themselves. Trust dirknb when he tells you that that will NEVER happen.

You have to look at the situation from an understanding of the hierarchy of power. A rather oversimplified explanation works like this:

The most powerful group (the power elite) are skimming the cream off the top and don't really care which party is in power.... they will make their money regardless. Their only motivation is to ensure that the system continues to function as designed. These interests include the global corporations, the banking, insurance, and military-industrial complex.

The next tier don't have this level of power and consequently derive their power from an allignment with one or the other party. They are free to compete with one another to wrestle for temporary power.... as long as they don't tamper with the system too much that it has consequences for the top tier. This is the level where your typical politician is..... they understand the game and act as the annointed frontman for their side in exchange for a piece of the action. The power at this tier is basically in determining how the crumbs will be distributed to the lower level. This level includes all the political constituency that actually have the ears of their elected representatives....the special interests.... that have money and/or voting power to make their wills heard and actually shape policy decisions.

The lowest tier are the sheeple. They generally understand their lot, realizing the system is stacked against them, and consequently allign with the candidate of their choice in the hopes that some of the campaign promises eventually trickle down to their level (welfare programs, tax reductions, etc.). Their perceived power is in the ability to decide where the majority of the crumbs will land.

Ron Paul, his candidacy and following, represents the whistleblowers.... the people that have awoken to the realization that the system doesn't have to be this way.... that "radical" changes can be made to adjust the playing field to make it more consistent with the government our forefathers originally devised. This line of thinking represents a major threat to the way of life for the power brokers at the top levels.... and, consequently, must be squelched in order to maintain that power. The only way that a white knight movement of this nature succeeds is if: 1) the top levels weren't really motivated by greed and personal interest and truly desired a better system; or 2) it becomes the will of the masses and therefore a political mandate to clean house at every level. Given the obvious blackouts and distortions by the MSM, I'd say #1 is pretty much out of the question. And, given RP's poll numbers, not enough people have awoken for #2 to occur.

+1776

Tidewise
01-25-2008, 06:24 PM
Ron Paul will never, ever be VP to Romney. Even if he were offered the position (which would never happen) Ron Paul could not bring himself to campaign on Romney's ridiculous, establishment-serving "plans."

The Machine
01-25-2008, 06:33 PM
You don't get it.

This is how you need to start viewing it. This election is about Ron Paul vs. everyone else. Clinton, Romney, Obama, McCain, Edwards, Huckabee and Giuliani are ON THE SAME TEAM.

RON PAUL WILL NEVER BE PAIRED WITH ONE OF THE ENEMY. ALL OF THE MEDIA-ANNOINTED "FRONTRUNNERS" ARE THE ENEMY.

To speculate about Ron Paul being paired up with any of them IS A TOTAL AND COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

I wish more people would understand this. I'd speculate that the folks who are in their 30's and 40's and are now voting for the first time, get it. The people with the "Ron Paul Cured My Apathy" signs most likely understand the situation. Why are so many on this forum still in denial?

No, I wouldn't vote for a Romney/Paul ticket, because it isn't gonna happen!

Peace&Freedom
01-25-2008, 06:54 PM
Great plan.

Except for one problem.

Ron Paul as an independent would draw less than 2% (at most) of the vote.
At most.

He'll be out of money within a couple weeks.
That's a fact.

And, without money, he will be gone after Feb 5.

The more states he loses -- the more debates he screws up -- the less money he will get.
He'll be lucky to pull in $5,000 a day after the losses he will suffer on Feb. 5.

A TYPICAL independent draws under 2%. Paul would not make a shift to independent until he got maximum mileage out of being on the GOP primary trail---through which he leverages the kind of name recognition that will put him in Perot territory, or 20%.

Beginning with Super Tuesday, or perhaps even now, 'losing' or winning states is less important than winning delegates, and beyond that, enough delegates to win the nomination race before the convention. The top-tier guys planned to win by 'frontloading' their efforts and expenditures on winning the January races, then coasting to victory via momentum. But because of the fratricide of the early races, with 3-4 contenders winning minor early races, but not losing enough to be out of the running, ST delegates look to be split between 2-3 frontloaders.

No one is likely to be on track to get 50%+1 delegates coming out of Feb. 5, leaving only 3 contenders in the race (Paul, Romney and McCain). Paul may run low on cash temporarily, but has the means through the grassroots money bombs to keep going (remember, he's planned for the attrition race). During this 'second half' of the primaries, he should at last get the time and exposure needed to rack up delegates. This will in turn keep the supporters motivated and on board, and begin to maximize Paul's ability to leverage his position to win a brokered convention.

Buzz
01-25-2008, 07:01 PM
Forget blackmailing Mitt into giving Paul the VP slot... Paul should tell him that unless he won't settle for being PAUL'S vice president, Paul will go 3rd party and Mitt will end up with nothing.

IcyPeaceMaker
01-25-2008, 08:43 PM
We can win the thing hands down against the flip-flop mormon, the christian right, the anti-war crowd, the third party people, the anti-big gov't, the moderates, we have Mitt right where we want him, he should be the one asking for the VP, but taking him up on it would get Ron killed. We need Andrew Napolitano as VP, so that we have an equally constitutional back up who will make RP bullet proof.

Ronin
01-25-2008, 09:48 PM
It's so obvious right now it's damage control. The MSM thinks that Paul can't win even if he does get the same coverage. At the same time, they know this will bring in new RP supporters to potentially spoil the race as an indy. What that means is the general won't be close and the D's will win by 10-15% (RP vote). That would be terrible ratings and too predictable.

The Neo-cons and bankers really don't care whether a D or R wins as long as it's an establishment candidate. However, the last thing they want is to risk RP having a chance as an indy.

What does this mean? Well it's in the best interest for everyone for him to not get coverage, which is the only way he can win.

ErikBlack
01-25-2008, 11:31 PM
it'd happen either way, but if the republicans wins they'll keep doing the same. A dem administration may suck, but it'll force the GOP to finally re-embrace their roots.

If something doesn't stand on it's foundation, it can't stand at all.

Did losing to Bush twice in 2000 and 2004 force the Democratic Party to re-embrace their roots? Neocons are running the show on both sides of the aisle. They TAKE TURNS in order to give the American people the illusion of choice and change.

flames2dust77
01-26-2008, 12:51 AM
You think Dr. Paul would actually be Romney's vp? I guess I see where you're coming from but it's not going to happen. Dr. Paul has said before that there is no one running that he supports. Romney is the complete opposite of Ron. No, thank you.

Mini-Me
01-26-2008, 01:03 AM
We can win the thing hands down against the flip-flop mormon, the christian right, the anti-war crowd, the third party people, the anti-big gov't, the moderates, we have Mitt right where we want him, he should be the one asking for the VP, but taking him up on it would get Ron killed. We need Andrew Napolitano as VP, so that we have an equally constitutional back up who will make RP bullet proof.

More people need to understand what IcyPeacemaker just said. While Ron Paul would never settle for being the VP of an establishment candidate (nor would anyone offer offer the position to him), the most important thing to realize is that he absolutely CANNOT let an establishment candidate be his VP. That would be an instant death sentence for him, since the establishment would know that all they need to do to retrieve their dominance is let Paul have an "accident."

fmontez
01-26-2008, 01:23 AM
Ron Paul made it crystal clear last night he would not run 3rd party! The GOP nominee will never offer him the VP position, they would have tp use RP as a bullet proof vest because of the more "militant fringe" voters.

If Ron Paul doens't get the nomination he could seriously have a shot at Secretary of the Treasury, it makes a WHOLE LOT OF SENSE.

Would you want to see a Republican President with a Ron Paul Sec of Tres or Hilary President? I think RP would shine as Secretary.

Comprimse is not the same as selling out! But of course this is IF RP doesn't get the nomination.

Peace&Freedom
01-26-2008, 10:35 AM
Ron Paul made it crystal clear last night he would not run 3rd party! The GOP nominee will never offer him the VP position, they would have tp use RP as a bullet proof vest because of the more "militant fringe" voters.

If Ron Paul doens't get the nomination he could seriously have a shot at Secretary of the Treasury, it makes a WHOLE LOT OF SENSE.

Would you want to see a Republican President with a Ron Paul Sec of Tres or Hilary President? I think RP would shine as Secretary.

Comprimse is not the same as selling out! But of course this is IF RP doesn't get the nomination.

Would an establishment President let Paul as Sec Treasury end the IRS, the fed, return to a gold or non fiat standard, pull out of Iraq, etc?

NO, NO, NO, NO and NO.

txteamtech
01-26-2008, 10:46 AM
that was great! Ron Paul is my hero!

trapfive
01-26-2008, 12:14 PM
Ron Paul is not dooming the party, they are killing themselves and we are the agents of change. Dr. Paul needs to stay in this race until the end and the party will have no choice; deal with him or collapse. The best thing the Republicans could do for their party now is to offer RP the presidency with the stipulation that Romney be named VP. Dr. Paul is 72 and after one term of getting this country on the right track, Romney could step in for two terms and the party is saved!

Of course, we know that wouldn't happen, but if Romney was smart he could be the president in 2012 and let Dr. Paul take the brunt of the oncoming financial collapse. If Mitt would stand in the wings and let the good DR. school him on reality (liberty, freedom, constitution, sound monetary policy, etc.) history could record him as a key player in this 21st century revolution.

But, we all know, "they" call the shots and "they" won't let that happen. "They" make no distinction between Republican or Democrat. It's not even a battle between Republican and Democrat. It's a battle between you and me and THEY.

Greed and corruption is politically colorblind.

JuniorNJ
01-26-2008, 12:17 PM
Ron Paul is not dooming the party, they are killing themselves and we are the agents of change. Dr. Paul needs to stay in this race until the end and the party will have no choice; deal with him or collapse. The best thing the Republicans could do for their party now is to offer RP the presidency with the stipulation that Romney be named VP. Dr. Paul is 72 and after one term of getting this country on the right track, Romney could step in for two terms and the party is saved!

Of course, we know that wouldn't happen, but if Romney was smart he could be the president in 2012 and let Dr. Paul take the brunt of the oncoming financial collapse. If Mitt would stand in the wings and let the good DR. school him on reality (liberty, freedom, constitution, sound monetary policy, etc.) history could record him as a key player in this 21st century revolution.

But, we all know, "they" call the shots and "they" won't let that happen. "They" make no distinction between Republican or Democrat. It's not even a battle between Republican and Democrat. It's a battle between you and me and THEY.

Greed and corruption is politically colorblind.

couldn't have said it any better myself.

dkim68
01-26-2008, 12:50 PM
Now let me get this straight. You want Ron Paul to team of with Mitt "Make fun, buddy" Romney? No. Just no.

trapfive
01-26-2008, 01:17 PM
My post says the best thing the Republicans could do would be....

As a lifelong Republican I will firmly state right now I don't care if each and everyone one of these pikers are sent home, ASAP. I'm not a violent person but I swear if ever see Kasich, he's going to get a piece of my mind and possibly more.

Where does he get off swaying the public opinion by stating his personal opinion of Dr. Paul in such a derogatory manner. I've seen them for what they are and I own my fellow citizens an apology for ever believing Kasich was fair and principled man.

I read John Kasich's book Courage Is Contagious, looks to me like a lot of other things are contagious John. Ron Paul has more courage in his pinky finger then these lying cowards all have combined.

One more thing, while I rant: I have yet to hear one person debate the validity of any of the good Dr's stances on any issues. I hear Romney dismiss Dr. Paul's stance on the Iraqi war as a lack of understanding of the threat, I'd like to know what Mr. Romney's opinion of the "petroeuro" policies fast approaching and to admit the truth that, yes, in reality we aren't fighting terrorism we are protecting our economy through protecting the dollar.

But, yet again, more stuff that doesn't matter to the Dancing With The Stars crowd out here in in precinct land. But, one by one we will prevail, the end of the game is fast approaching as the good Dr. stated "it doesn't play anymore."

God Bless the one man with courage enough to stand up to this....this....how do you even describe what these people are?

Breath Trap breath....lol

robskicks
01-26-2008, 02:24 PM
Do Not Team Up Ron With Anyone They Have Openly Ridiculed Ron Paul So Much That They Do Not Deserve To Team Up With Such A Man.

gaazn
01-26-2008, 02:44 PM
McCain-Huckabee team must be stopped!

Mordan
01-26-2008, 03:03 PM

I beg to disagree. Here is why. But you might find I'm wrong.

Ron Paul is threatening interests worth more than a trillion dollars.

who wouldn't kill for a billion? I'm serious. But keep cool headed. No need to go ballistic.

So I thought that we have to find some kind of Life Insurance. And it certainly starts by picking the RIGHT vice president.

Picking Mitt Romney as VP is suicide I realize ((. Romney is one of their creaure. If Ron Paul dies, Romney is president.! And Ron Paul policies go down the toilet. I say NO!

I was going wild and thought what if Ron Paul choose a dedicated supporter: a random and willing american citizen. Power back to the people. The american citizen take the oath to strictly follow Ron Paul program at the cost of his very life!! The american citizen then in turn chooses another dedicated supporter as VP. and on and on and on if they continue killing the presidents But that hopefully won't happen.

Well here is this idea. The ones with HQ connections may take it higher if they feel it is a good one. It is Ron Paul's life insurance.

trapfive
01-26-2008, 03:36 PM
I agree with you Mordan. I'm not advocating that Dr. Paul accept this type of arrangement. Just trying to point out that the Republican party, as a self serving political body, would do well do adopt such a strategy. What they don't seem to be able to come to terms with is the influence the good Dr. is beginning to establish.

They're stepping around the elephant in the room. How much longer will they be able to dodge the truth, I don't know.