PDA

View Full Version : Youtube - Mitt Romney Whisper "Raised Taxes"

Ryokucha
01-24-2008, 10:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NlIMQ31EjY

dsentell
01-24-2008, 10:56 PM
Where did the whisper come from . . . . ?

ShowMeLiberty
01-24-2008, 10:57 PM
Thanks! I missed that part of the debate.

Dibold
It was just a spectator answering the question.

"Will you do for social securty, what Ronald Reagan did in 1983?"

Ronald Reagan raised taxes for social security in 1983. Everyone besides Ron Paul supporters who are all 25 years old or younger know this. The whisper, was from a spectator answering the question.

Romney said "I won't raise taxes" because he is saying he won't do what Ronald Reagan did.

There you go, conspiracy theory debunked.

Ryokucha
Don't know. But it is quite intresting that the next words out of Romney's mouth is "I will not raise taxes"

Some people say it is a cue. Who knows it is just very very strange. It could be from any where.

Ryokucha
01-24-2008, 10:59 PM
A spectator? How was a spectator able to whisper in to a open mic?

Dibold
01-24-2008, 10:59 PM
Don't know. But it is quite intresting that the next words out of Romney's mouth is "I will not raise taxes"

BECAUSE THAT WAS THE ANSWER TO THE DAMNED QUESTION.

ClayTrainor
01-24-2008, 11:01 PM
this is very suspicious... it's clearly a whisper, and it's clearly someone just saying "raise taxes" not anything before or after, as if to explain to romney what the guy was asking.

IM actually 90% convinced he was wired, and im not into conspiracies at all, the evidence is pretty obvious!

Dibold
01-24-2008, 11:01 PM
A spectator? How was a spectator able to whisper in to a open mic?

Spectator, another candidate, whatever.

You're telling me when you see someone ask a question on TV, you never whisper to your wife sitting next to you on the couch the answer to the question, to point out you know what you're talking about?

The question was

"Will you do for social securty, what Ronald Reagan did in 1983?".

What he did, was raise taxes. Everyone knows this. Romney was saying he will not do that.

Again, debunked.

sands
01-24-2008, 11:02 PM
Phony debate is what that was...

sands
01-24-2008, 11:03 PM
Get this video out!!!

Goldwater Conservative
01-24-2008, 11:05 PM

Ronald Reagan raised taxes for social security in 1983. Everyone besides Ron Paul supporters who are all 25 years old or younger know this. The whisper, was from a spectator answering the question.

Romney said "I won't raise taxes" because he is saying he won't do what Ronald Reagan did.

You debunked a "conspiracy theory" with one of your own?

LiberalDemForRP
As I said in another thread:

You know, I'm not sure about this, but it sounds as if someone was prodding Russert to continue with his question... as if someone (another moderator? director?) sensed Russert was going to finish the question right then and there without loading it with the specific raise taxes tidbit... you can tell Russert, after the whisper, tries to regain the questioning by saying the bit about Reagan raising taxes...

I dunno, what do you all think?

robinlynn

so, some spectator in the audience was so close to a mic that their whisper came through clear as day on the broadcast?

if this was the case wouldn't we have heard the audience talking throughout the debate?

gracebkr
Romney had someone giving him the answers?

r0bren0
How can a spectator whisper into an open mic? Hmmmm, it seems to me that the majority of specatators where sitting in the audience roughly 50 feet from any live feed.

Dibold
01-24-2008, 11:06 PM
so, some spectator in the audience was so close to a mic that their whisper came through clear as day on the broadcast?

if this was the case wouldn't we have heard the audience talking throughout the debate?

How can a spectator whisper into an open mic? Hmmmm, it seems to me that the majority of specatators where sitting in the audience roughly 50 feet from any live feed.

I guess it never occurred to you it could have been a camera man recording the show?

If it was on the open-mic on Romney's tie, the in-studio audience would have heard it too, not just us sitting at home.

but that's ok, I know logical explanations are not your cup of tea.

gracebkr
01-24-2008, 11:08 PM
holy shitto batman.

specsaregood
01-24-2008, 11:08 PM
This mfucker was wired up. Holy Damn....

Ryokucha
01-24-2008, 11:09 PM

Exactly, I can see people whispering to them self. Even another Candidate is possible. But it was so clear in the mic that someone whispered it right into a open mic. But the interesting part for me is Romney waits till after the whisper to answer.

jabrownie
Reminds me of the earlier debate where the questioner silently lipped a few words to himself as though he was being told what to say in the middle of a question to Dr. Paul. Y'all remember that one?

RPinSEAZ

Methinks this is the most reasonable explanation. Coming from a liberal too... somewhat shocking. :D

Dibold
Let's also totally ignore the fact that there was no wires on Romney's ears and that wearing wires is not allowed in debates.

But just ignore me. I wouldn't want to confuse you all with facts. Just keep thinking that magical invisible wire is sitting on Romney's ear.

specsaregood
01-24-2008, 11:10 PM
I guess it never occurred to you it could have been a camera man recording the show?

You think they put microphones next to the cameraman? LOL.

Shellshock1918
wtf

ionlyknowy

No, the weight of your argument is weighed just as much as the guys that are saying he was wired. The two theories are POSSIBLE. No one will have the answer, only speculation.

But as far as I am concerned, the tone of the whisper sounded like the whisperer was giving instruction rather than just answering the question nonchalantly.

gracebkr
The voice says "he raised taxes" It is clearly giving him the answer. He immediaitely said I am not going to raise taxes. Now everyone, think of Ron Paul and how he hits his ear pieces sometimes. And he can't hear questions, hits his ear piece. they are totally trying to steal this.

It will never work, we already won. We might be at a turning point people.

Trigonx
01-24-2008, 11:11 PM
jesus, Dibold let people think for themselves, what do you care how OTHER people think???

rfbz
01-24-2008, 11:11 PM
Dibold: obviously nobody knows for sure, but it is worth looking into either way. It sure doesn't look good.

jabrownie
01-24-2008, 11:12 PM
Let's also totally ignore the fact that there was no wires on Romney's ears and that wearing wires is not allowed in debates.

But just ignore me. I wouldn't want to confuse you all with facts. Just keep thinking that magical invision wire is sitting on Romney's ear.

Next you'll be telling me that it took wires for my computer to hook up to my monitor, and that it's taking wires for my keyboard and mouse to operate. Wire technology is old and outdated. Try another explanation please.

Also, if they didn't use an earpiece during the debates, why did Ron Paul in one of the earlier debates complain about the operation of his and that he couldn't hear some of the responses of the other candidates as a response. I believe it was the Iran question involving the 3 speedboats supposedly 'threatening to blow up' our 150 yard long destroyer.

gracebkr
01-24-2008, 11:12 PM
You think they put microphones next to the cameraman? LOL.

yeah I know, this isn't the NFC championship we can't hear the audience.

specsaregood
01-24-2008, 11:13 PM
The fact that MSNBC mentioned this on their website, THEN took down the post mentioning it gives credibility to the fact that it was intentional, but US overhearing it was UNintentional.

WTFYO
01-24-2008, 11:14 PM
As I said in another thread:

You know, I'm not sure about this, but it sounds as if someone was prodding Russert to continue with his question... as if someone (another moderator? director?) sensed Russert was going to finish the question right then and there without loading it with the specific raise taxes tidbit... you can tell Russert, after the whisper, tries to regain the questioning by saying the bit about Reagan raising taxes...

sounds about right

Dibold
No, the weight of your argument is weighed just as much as the guys that are saying he was wired. The two theories are POSSIBLE. No one will have the answer, only speculation.

But as far as I am concerned, the tone of the whisper sounded like the whisperer was giving instruction rather than just answering the question nonchalantly.

You know when I was sitting next to my wife last night and we were watching a game-show, they had a question on the show "Where is Budapest located?" I whispered to my wife sitting next to me "Hungary." Surprisingly, my wife says the tone of my whisper sounded exactly like the whisper in that video.

I guess it's not possible in your heads that there were 3 guys sitting around a camera recording the debate, and one of them whispered to the other camera operater the answer to the question to look cool. Yeah, I mean, that's totally impossibile.

gracebkr
The fact that MSNBC mentioned this on their website, THEN took down the post mentioning it gives credibility to the fact that it was intentional, but US overhearing it was UNintentional.

Listen again it says "HE raised taxes", not just "raised taxes.

Goldwater Conservative
01-24-2008, 11:15 PM

How the heck is that a logical explanation?

Look, the only explanations that make sense are that one of the moderators said that or that one of the other candidates did. Now, it sure as hell didn't sound like most of them there, and it really wouldn't make sense for them to whisper that anyway. To me, it did sound a bit like Giuliani, but that still would leave me wondering why he'd say that.

jake
01-24-2008, 11:16 PM
htt p://digg.com/politics/CAUGHT_Mitt_receiving_whispered_verbal_cues_at_MSN BC_debate

deedles
01-24-2008, 11:17 PM

that is a good point. Why would they take it down unless they didn't want people to be reading about it other than from the nutjob DRP supporters.

Every inch of this primary is scripted and rotten.

I really hate these elites.......

gracebkr
You know when I was sitting next to my wife last night and we were watching a game-show, they had a question on the show "Where is Budapest located?" I whispered to my wife sitting next to me "Hungary." Surprisingly, my wife says the tone of my whisper sounded exactly like the whisper in that video.

I guess it's not possible in your heads that there were 3 guys sitting around a camera recording the debate, and one of them whispered to the other camera operater the answer to the question to look cool. Yeah, I mean, that's totally impossibile.

OMG(osh) are you serious?!?!?!?!? You just happened to have a story that goes great with this. Yeah right I smell bullshit. The cameras don't have MICROPHONES, I think we would have heard a lot more than this sentence if it did. PLEASE, stop acting like this is totally normal. Show me another clip from any other debate where this has happened and it is know to be the cameraman.

jake
Listen again it says "HE raised taxes", not just "raised taxes.

er.. whisper out loud "raised taxes" and "he raised taxes" and see if you can hear any difference

Thom1776

I think it was the SPECTER of Ronald Reagan.

It was an EVP like on Coast to Coast AM. The youtube video even repeats over and over just like they do on Coast to Coast.

sands
Folks rate it then click favorite!!! Then email it!!!

mokkan88
01-24-2008, 11:18 PM

It was an advisor, actually. It was clearly a whisper, and you'd have to be closer to the mic for that kind've whisper to be heard. I expect the advisor was right behind the curtain.

gracebkr
01-24-2008, 11:18 PM
htt p://digg.com/politics/CAUGHT_Mitt_receiving_whispered_verbal_cues_at_MSN BC_debate

page not found brother.

tarabyte
01-24-2008, 11:19 PM

why do you have spaces instead of a clickable link?

http://digg.com/politics/CAUGHT_Mitt_receiving_whispered_verbal_cues_at_MSN BC_debate

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-24-2008, 11:19 PM
I think it was one of the other moderators or MSNBC people. I heard them talking in the background on several questions.

PledgeForPaul
01-24-2008, 11:20 PM
I think Romney is the only thing stopping McCain from getting a 50% majority. I think Paul needs Romney to stay alive

gracebkr
sends shivers up my spine.

sands
Listen carefully....Mitt Romney was given specific information..."HE RAISED TAXES"

Romney was getting cues....Not only that he also got more airtime by far...

Totally staged folks...

Jim_Karr
01-24-2008, 11:21 PM
Someone is erasing my votes on that YOUTUBE. I hit the thumbs up and refresh the page and they are back to 0. Anyone know why this is happening?

Delain
01-24-2008, 11:22 PM
Listen carefully....Mitt Romney was given specific information..."HE RAISED TAXES"

Yep, thats what I heard.

Totally staged folks...

+1

sands
01-24-2008, 11:22 PM
Folks we have proof the debate was completely staged...Mitt Romney gets more time than anyone else and was getting cues....

What has happened to America!!!!

Delain
01-24-2008, 11:26 PM
Someone is erasing my votes on that YOUTUBE. I hit the thumbs up and refresh the page and they are back to 0. Anyone know why this is happening?

youtube is screwed up again

if you press "View all xx comments" then it should be ok

Ryokucha
01-24-2008, 11:26 PM

Totally staged folks...

I can confirm with the original video, with a audio program I find there are three words. After listening it really slow, you can hear the word "He" very clear. Also look at Mitt's head, it looks as if he is listening to something still while the whisper is speaking, then soon as the whisper is done he raised his head to speak. I am starting to feel this is a cue to let Romney know what he is suppose to be talking about.

Ryokucha
01-24-2008, 11:29 PM

It happens all the time with new videos apparently. Some times comments go missing, but they really get posted, same with ratings and the view count. Seems like when a video gets hit hard they stop updating the info in real time.

cputter
Guys this is very serious and for real. Journalists at MSNBC heard the exact same thing, it wasn't on all the audio feeds, just one. That's why very few people heard it, and I'm guessing no-one was supposed to hear it.

They posted this question on MSNBC's first read, asking their fellow journalists if they heard it too. I saw the post, and while I was commenting they REMOVED it!!!

Fortunately we have some smart supporters out there, here's the original post from there own reporters calling shenanigans.

http://www.justin.tv/ronpaultv/62349/The_Whisper_thing_Mitt_

Sure, one can explain this away innocently. But I'm sorry to say, everything points towards a stacked deck. And we all know, these guys won't stop at cheating.

Maybe it'll hit the news tomorrow, maybe they'll hush it up. Either way the msm will spin it so that it will never touch Romney.

I'm no tin foil hat wearing type of guy. But the real questions we have to ask are: Who was behind this (msnbc or just romney)? Were other candidates being helped along as well?

reaver
Where did the whisper come from . . . . ?

Watching the replay someone in the first few rows has a headphone/microphone set. Just speculation.

specsaregood
01-24-2008, 11:30 PM
OMG(osh) are you serious?!?!?!?!? You just happened to have a story that goes great with this. Yeah right I smell bullshit. The cameras don't have MICROPHONES, I think we would have heard a lot more than this sentence if it did. PLEASE, stop acting like this is totally normal. Show me another clip from any other debate where this has happened and it is know to be the cameraman.

Indeed. There are no microphones near those cameras.

gracebkr
01-24-2008, 11:32 PM

it's probably really busy. Plus if someone hits the thumbs down it goes down. So you hit one up, someone else hit one down then it is even.

Goldwater Conservative
01-24-2008, 11:32 PM
er.. whisper out loud "raised taxes" and "he raised taxes" and see if you can hear any difference

Listen to the YouTube again. When it's played in a loop you can clearly make out the third word.

Jim_Karr
01-24-2008, 11:33 PM

I forgot to digg it first. Now it is working.:o

No that was digg not YOUTUBE. Confused here I was.Forgot what I was looking at. To many beers here I think.

sands
There's no "tin foil hat about it anymore folks...TOOOO much evidence.

This NEEDS TO BE A STICKY.

Neomatrix
Get this video out!!!

Uh it is out:D

gracebkr
01-24-2008, 11:35 PM

It is definetly there. Did you listen again, yes I heard it when I whispered it. Try whispering it too the listen, it's like you can hear the syllables.

DFF
01-24-2008, 11:36 PM
Either way the msm will spin it so that it will never touch Romney

No way. The Republicans and and the Democrats are gonna be all over this like flies on shit. Romney is finished. :D

CaliforniaGold
Yes, I heard it loud and clear.
I backed it up and listened again.
It was there just as it is in this youtube video.
Was he wearing an earpiece?

sands
Folks.....Romney was cued "HE....RAISED....TAXES"...Romney's response "I'm not going to raise taxes" immediately after the cue...

This is SCARY folks....

The thread needs to be a sticky.

sands
01-24-2008, 11:37 PM
Uh it is out:D

Email it! :D

Hangly Man
01-24-2008, 11:38 PM
Were there any clear shots of Romney's back? That's where Bush wore his radio, and it was pretty visible.

jawrightbiz
01-24-2008, 11:41 PM
Look!

Does everyone see how that Dibold at the beginning of this thread was actively trying to debunk this.... 111 posts.....Join Date: Jan 2008......

I would not put it past how coordinated this is that immediately 3 'people' were instructed to go to these kinds of forums and squash this.

Jim_Karr
01-24-2008, 11:42 PM
Will the media report on this I do ask? I can not believe this crap going on here in our country.
If this happened 50 or 60 years ago. People would be outraged and stormed the streets I do believe.

gracebkr
01-24-2008, 11:45 PM
No way. The Republicans and and the Democrats are gonna be all over this like flies on shit. Romney is finished. :D

I think the Republicans and the Democrats are in on it. You can hardly tell them apart. Unless we are talking regular people, not the elite in this country.

gracebkr
01-24-2008, 11:46 PM
Will the media report on this I do ask? I can not believe this crap going on here in our country.
If this happened 50 or 60 years ago. People would be outraged and stormed the streets I do believe.

We are storming the waves now. The information will spread a lot faster.

Hangly Man
01-24-2008, 11:46 PM
Spectator, another candidate, whatever.

You're telling me when you see someone ask a question on TV, you never whisper to your wife sitting next to you on the couch the answer to the question, to point out you know what you're talking about?

The question was

"Will you do for social securty, what Ronald Reagan did in 1983?".

What he did, was raise taxes. Everyone knows this. Romney was saying he will not do that.

Again, debunked.

You suck at thinking clearly.

sands
01-24-2008, 11:47 PM

Jim_Karr
Didn't McCain also say they talked about who would ask who questions back stage? Was that McCain who said that when they was allowed to ask one candidate a question?

affa
jesus, Dibold let people think for themselves, what do you care how OTHER people think???

read his name.

Paulitical Correctness
Sounded like Giuliani.

PRIEST
01-24-2008, 11:49 PM
Reddited.

http://reddit.com/r/politics/info/66k0d/comments

Upmod!

Ryokucha
01-24-2008, 11:49 PM
Sounded like Giuliani.

In a way it does. I wouldn't count that possiability out that it was one of the candidates just whispering in to their own mic.

gracebkr
01-24-2008, 11:50 PM
Sounded like Giuliani.

It definitely sounded like the culprit was wearing dentures.

Ryokucha
01-24-2008, 11:51 PM
It definitely sounded like the culprit was wearing dentures.

McCain then? :P

gracebkr
01-24-2008, 11:52 PM
McCain then? :P

:D

Jim_Karr
It is stuck on 213 views also. Hasn't changed in the last 20 or so minutes.

Myerz
Where is this all going?
Will it make a bit of difference?

911cartoon
01-24-2008, 11:53 PM
BECAUSE THAT WAS THE ANSWER TO THE DAMNED QUESTION.

you're missing the point ..

gracebkr
01-24-2008, 11:53 PM
It is stuck on 213 views also. Hasn't changed in the last 20 or so minutes.

Yeah, it is spreading like wildfire. It is backed up right now.

Brian4Liberty
01-24-2008, 11:55 PM
Another possibility: could it have been a set-up to make Romney look bad?

The question itself seemed like a trick question, and that is very unusual in these debates...

Can't assume that everyone is trying to help Romney.

cputter
01-24-2008, 11:57 PM
Ok, listen up can we get the facts straight please to sort this out.

First, sticky this!!!

Then list everything we know in the first post so that everyone can stay up to date.

What do we know???

The Facts:

- One audio channel had a voice whispering "He raised taxes"
- There were a lot of audio channels being used by the crew. Mics and headpieces throughout that building, being switched on and off as needed.
- All the candidates had earpieces. (not sure though, but we'll find out together)
- For this to have been a prompt only Romney's earpiece should've picked it up
- The voice was on the feed to reporters at the event. Same as other feeds?
- The reporters there found it suspicious!!!
- MSNBC removed all mention of this instantly...

Speculation:

- The timing of the voice and Romney's answer, together with he's body language point towards the fact that Romney heard the voice.
- No other candidate heard it.
- The audience didn't hear it.

Questions:

- On which audio channel was the voice? It happened to be on the internet feed. Was it on the tv feed as well? Was it on the feed being heard by the audience?

Help me out with the facts, and we'll get to the bottom of this together.

Jim_Karr
01-24-2008, 11:57 PM
LMFAO. Someone posted this. LOL

It's a good thing the signal came through clear otherwise Romney might have begun giving landing instructions to American Airlines 4596 on runway 9 left.

nodope0695
01-25-2008, 12:06 AM

Dibold, YOU ARE A TROLL. GO AWAY!!!!

sands
01-25-2008, 12:07 AM
The video needs to be a sticky...

aperetti
01-25-2008, 12:08 AM
Ok, listen up can we get the facts straight please to sort this out.

First, sticky this!!!

Then list everything we know in the first post so that everyone can stay up to date.

What do we know???

The Facts:

- One audio channel had a voice whispering "He raised taxes"
- There were a lot of audio channels being used by the crew. Mics and headpieces throughout that building, being switched on and off as needed.
- All the candidates had earpieces. (not sure though, but we'll find out together)
- For this to have been a prompt only Romney's earpiece should've picked it up
- The voice was on the feed to reporters at the event. Same as other feeds?
- The reporters there found it suspicious!!!
- MSNBC removed all mention of this instantly...

Speculation:

- The timing of the voice and Romney's answer, together with he's body language point towards the fact that Romney heard the voice.
- No other candidate heard it.
- The audience didn't hear it.

Questions:

- On which audio channel was the voice? It happened to be on the internet feed. Was it on the tv feed as well? Was it on the feed being heard by the audience?

Help me out with the facts, and we'll get to the bottom of this together.

The audience did hear it.

markkligman (4 minutes ago) Show Hide Marked as spam
0 Poor comment Good comment
Reply | Spam
i was at the debate...and there was definitely that whipser audible over the loudspeakers, definitely said "he raised taxes"

^^ From youtube.

gracebkr
01-25-2008, 12:09 AM
The audience did hear it.

markkligman (4 minutes ago) Show Hide Marked as spam
0 Poor comment Good comment
Reply | Spam
i was at the debate...and there was definitely that whipser audible over the loudspeakers, definitely said "he raised taxes"

^^ From youtube.

lol, I hardly call that a credible source. I was at the debate too and I didn't hear it.

aperetti
01-25-2008, 12:11 AM
oh ok was trying to help sorry =/

tropicangela
01-25-2008, 12:13 AM
Edited, never mind! Was posting the same thing about the youtube comment.

fuzzybekool
01-25-2008, 12:13 AM

This person Diebold is always debunking everything. Who is this person ? And what campaign does he really work for ?

Is there a positive post EVER about Ron Paul from Diebold ???

patrickdsg
01-25-2008, 12:20 AM
They kept it in the replay.

all J's in IL for RP
01-25-2008, 12:23 AM
There's not too much to figure out here, folks. Romney's handlers were feeding their candidate talking points and either the gain was turned so high that his mic picked it up (this may be why he's blinking so much; his ears may be hurting) or the frequency crossed over into MSNBC's system.

He's a plastic candidate with perfect hair that needs lines fed to him to stay on message.

Ryokucha
01-25-2008, 12:24 AM
They kept it in the replay.

Maybe their editing company is not as good as News Corps'. Or maybe they figure if it is out in the open they are not trying to hide any thing. They could also think it is no big deal.

SeanEdwards
01-25-2008, 12:27 AM

Spectators are given microphones during a presidential debate?

:rolleyes:

For Paul In Arkansas
01-25-2008, 12:30 AM
I watched live online and heard it. Thought it strange and wondered where it came from too.

pacelli
01-25-2008, 12:31 AM
Romney had someone giving him the answers?

I agree. Lets just use the ignore feature on these trolls. Look at how long this thread has been extended by this filth.

fletcher
01-25-2008, 12:31 AM
Romney is a dummy. The ventriloquist just forgot to move his mouth.

Thanehand
01-25-2008, 12:39 AM

Well, you clearly didn't watch the same debate if you think that.

Someone close enough to a microphone, clearly *WHISPERED* "raised taxes." It wasn't someone shouting from the audience. Romney answered with a firm "I will not raise" taxes (after a pause, mind you) to appear that he knew what Reagan did.

It kind of sounded like Guiliani to me, but I'm not sure. It wouldn't surprise me that Rudy might be forming a partnership with Mitt (maybe for a VP slot) given their banter during the debate tonight.

DFF
01-25-2008, 12:50 AM
Somebody suggested it was Brian Williams attempting to help Tim Russert clarify his question about Reagan.

Ryokucha
01-25-2008, 01:01 AM
Somebody suggested it was Brian Williams attempting to help Tim Russert clarify his question about Reagan.

I will not say it is not the case, it is possible. But it seems a bit weird that he would want to help direct the question to help Romney understand that the question was about raising taxes.

ocomys
01-25-2008, 01:20 AM
I DVR'd this off tv to watch when i got home from work and heard this. I immediately paused and said "whaaaaat??" out loud. Then I replayed it like 6 times. My initial reaction was that he was being fed the answer.

revolutionary8
01-25-2008, 02:14 AM
I DVR'd this off tv to watch when i got home from work and heard this. I immediately paused and said "whaaaaat??" out loud. Then I replayed it like 6 times. My initial reaction was that he was being fed the answer.

You will notice that in the debate thred, live time, someone posted something similar...
"did anyone hear that voice?"
McRomney is busted.
:D

mikeInAZ
01-25-2008, 02:32 AM
Had to be one of the other candidates. Probably to help him out. Who was next to him? This whole thing was designed to make everyone look good except for Paul so it's not at all surprising.

mikeInAZ
01-25-2008, 02:39 AM
I think it was McCain since he was right next to Romney. Why? Well, does't seem to make sense on the surface, but this is Florida and they both benefit if they can make sure Guiliani doesn't win in FL, since it pretty much snuffs him out of the race. So, there is a little teaming up going on.

Onyx
01-25-2008, 02:45 AM
Looks like romney had no clue what Reagan did in 83 and someone told him "He raised taxes".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x_KIpTVmC8

Ryokucha
01-25-2008, 03:46 AM
Hey that looks very very familar Onyx...

itshappening
01-25-2008, 06:36 AM
think it was McCain. he was in the house then and would of known

mcgraw_wv
01-25-2008, 06:38 AM
Someone needs to send this movie to Ireports on CNN....

BillyDkid
01-25-2008, 06:57 AM
Dibold has an agenda.

BillyDkid
01-25-2008, 07:00 AM
Listen, of course Romney was being coached. Don't be stupid. You know the media has an agenda and that agenda is to discredit Ron Paul and prevent people from hearing him and to prop up the people they support. It amazes me how naive people are. It wasn't a damn spectator whispering to his neighbor. How stupid can you be.

d991
01-25-2008, 07:02 AM
Why do people on this board always go make wild conclusions just because something strange happens?!

As someone points out in the YouTube clip, it was Brian Williams trying to tell Tim Russert to mention the "raise taxes" part of the question.

So go ahead and believe it was McCain, or some audience member, or the MSNBC team trying to help Romney, or maybe it was the Bilderberg group or aliens trying to help him. You complain about the "sheep" out there who don't pay attention, but those who believe in illogical conspiracy theories are just as bad.

bclemms
01-25-2008, 08:29 AM
Why do people on this board always go make wild conclusions just because something strange happens?!

As someone points out in the YouTube clip, it was Brian Williams trying to tell Tim Russert to mention the "raise taxes" part of the question.

So go ahead and believe it was McCain, or some audience member, or the MSNBC team trying to help Romney, or maybe it was the Bilderberg group or aliens trying to help him. You complain about the "sheep" out there who don't pay attention, but those who believe in illogical conspiracy theories are just as bad.

Why do some people try to minimize shit and this is a big stinky pile of shit. Why would Williams whisper it? He didn't whisper anything else all night. Besides, what is worse, Romney being fed answers by a staff member or the damn moderator of the debate?

amy31416
01-25-2008, 08:37 AM

I don't think it's a wild assumption, watch the video again, it was just too smooth, too fast. Very much like Romney was very much used to having someone whisper stuff to him.

Think about it, if it were you, wouldn't you have had some reaction to having the question asked normally, then there's this little whisper--I would have been like, 'huh? wha?' Romney's one slick mofo, and I think, obviously used to it.

And why would MSNBC put it up, then take it down immediately?

MrCobaltBlue
01-25-2008, 08:41 AM
OMG IT WAS GOD WHISPERING TO ROMNEY, HE HAS FORSAKEN HUCK AND MOVED TO ROMNEY!!!

Thats the only explanation, everything else is conspiracy 9/11 bullshit and if you disagree with me you obviously disagree with God.

[/sarcasm]

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-25-2008, 09:02 AM

I think that's the most plausible explanation.

Had to be one of the other candidates. Probably to help him out. Who was next to him? This whole thing was designed to make everyone look good except for Paul so it's not at all surprising.

think it was McCain. he was in the house then and would of known

It may have been another candidate, but Mcain doesn't like Romney, and I don't think he'd help him. Even the media people talk about McCain not liking Romney, and I believe them on that count. If anything, McCain is looking at Rudy and Huck as possible running mates. Look at that total softball question he threw Huck to have him talk more about the fairtax.

For what it's worth I think Romney definitely heard it. When I saw his answer, I had no idea why he started off about Reagan raising taxes. Now I know why, but have no idea where the whisper came from.

CelestialRender
01-25-2008, 09:13 AM
It sounds like it's saying "he raised taxes". Someone is cue-ing him with historical details methinks.

mikeInAZ
01-25-2008, 09:18 AM
Why do some people try to minimize shit and this is a big stinky pile of shit. Why would Williams whisper it? He didn't whisper anything else all night. Besides, what is worse, Romney being fed answers by a staff member or the damn moderator of the debate?

It was McCain. And I'm not saying that is some conspiracy. But it certainly wasn't a spectator, and he was not wired, and if it were a conspiracy or rigged coaching of some sort we'd have heard more than one wisper. And it was not the damn moderator... come on. It was simply that big gerbil cheeked albino standing next to him either trying to help him or just to sound smart and boost his own ego. No conspiracy, just one politician wispering in anotehr's ear for reasons unknown. Not that far fetched is it?

gracebkr
01-25-2008, 09:35 AM

I mean, he answered it right away after the statement was whispered. I mean if it was one of his contenders, wouldn't he have looked at them if he wasn't expecting the answer. Why would a whisper, that we all heard, that clearly Romney heard, not be a reason for Romney to blink, pause, look around. I mean that would throw me off if I wasn't expecting to get an answer. GUILTY.

Deborah K
01-25-2008, 09:38 AM
hahaha!! Someone's being coached! ROFL!! McCain sure could have used a coach when answering Dr. Paul's question.....

Ryokucha
01-25-2008, 03:14 PM
hahaha!! Someone's being coached! ROFL!! McCain sure could have used a coach when answering Dr. Paul's question.....

McCain dodged his question from Dr. Paul. Ron should have jumped all over McCain during his answer, like McCain do you know what I even asked you bud?

austinchick
01-25-2008, 03:18 PM
Romney is a dummy. The ventriloquist just forgot to move his mouth.

LMAO x1000