PDA

View Full Version : For your enjoyment: DU having an "articulate" discussion on Ron paul

cswake
01-24-2008, 10:48 PM
I think I see only one person attempting to flush out his stances...
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=132&topic_id=4189446&mesg_id=4191692

Best one perhaps is the "Ask them what the hell is wrong with them."

asgardshill
01-24-2008, 11:01 PM
re DU:

http://anticimex.blogg.se/images/retarded_internet_1181585216.jpg

Fox McCloud
01-25-2008, 12:20 AM
the best ones:

He wants to scrap all gov. programs including the income tax. I know that sounds good but the gov has to get money, to keep the country going. If they don't get the money like they do now they'll just have to change it to another way. There's no getting around it. There has to be taxes.

*laughs* wow, we have to get money so the government can run things to keep it going, is, in essence, what he's saying...*shakes his head* for shame for shame.

I'm sorry to say, but most liberal Democrats think more with their heart than their mind....plus, they use chopped up and spewed our rhetoric to make their points. He obviously has no idea that the income tax doesn't go towards any program at all; 100% goes towards paying off the debt on the dollar.

the ones I have met up with - and there are a TON of them here in Central Florida are all jazzed because of the get rid of the IRS no tax BS - and haven't for one moment thought about what that would mean....so I tell the dumb ****s - Ron Paul wants to privatize EVERYTHING - so what that means is he would like to see YOUR BEACHES privatized (in theory) and then you dumb sick ****s will have to PAY to go to the beach or maybe they'll just decide not to let your sorry ass in at all...

Last time I checked, the large park in my town, complete with a VERY large amount of wooden structures and other niceties (funded by private donations and owned by a Hospital) doesn't make people pay...at least, it never did in the many times I went there as a kid. Many people have the false misconception that if something is privatized, it'll be used to make profit...nothing could be further from the truth.

Also, he hasn't said he wants to privatize everything directly...though his policies do tend to lean towards anarcho-capitalism :)

oh and Mr. Libertarian let everybody be free WHAT ****ING EVER - is anti choice - I can't stand him....

obviously he's not aware that he'd leave it up the the States....and obviously he hasn't read the argument that pro-life Libertarians use for arguments against abortion.

*shakes his head* I'm sorry, but I don't think we're the idiots in this case, sir :P