PDA

View Full Version : Can we please agree on one thing? We have NO FRIENDS in the media!

evadmurd
01-24-2008, 10:43 PM
We really do have to come to grips that even if we get an occasional bone thrown our way from the media, we have no friends here. Not Buchanan, not Tucker, not Glenn, not Joe....NO ONE. We have to realize this and quit trying to think that we do. No one gives a flying crap about the Ron Paul campaign.

They are making a very terrible tactical and strategic mistake. They are single-handedly bringing down the republican party, and assuring a miserable loss to the democrat candidate, whoever it may be. It will not matter.

What did Ron Paul say tonight? "We are entering a new era". That was the most prophetic and true statement made tonight. A new era indeed.

Trigonx
01-24-2008, 10:44 PM
i agree with you, and you him declaring that is a powerful statement but it is ignored.

Laja
01-24-2008, 10:56 PM
Guys, the media is owned by a few corporations who have no interest whatsoever in the change Ron Paul wishes to bring about. We are lucky he's even on those debates.

What's become so clear to all of us Ron Paul supporters is just how manipulative the corporate media is. Without having had this experience, we would have still be counting on the "news" to inform us. Now we know, it's propaganda. That's big.

We have to just keep going door to door canvassing to let people know about our candidate. That and kicking in money for grassroots advertising.

fmontez
01-24-2008, 11:03 PM
OP I can't agree with your statements... because I think you are over estimating their reactions and under estimating the intensity of our support. Basically most people could give a flying f**k about Ron Paul or any of the other candidates. Most have never read the Constitution or the Bill of Rights, and never will, and have no idea or care about their freedom (no, they are not sheeple, they just have their own priorties.)

I will agree with this... tonight Ron Paul (or actually the Movement) won the debate. Huckabee and Romney won it on a personal note, but RP scored a big victory for the Constitution by declaring he will not run 3rd Party and by appealing to the GOP. For many decades the NeoCons assumed the Religious Right and Constitutional Republicans would always vote in lock step, now they realize they need to include these two groups... the GOP is changing (for the better) right before our very eyes...

Oh, and the "New Era" statement was powerful.