PDA

View Full Version : What You Wanted To Hear From RP And you Did Not

VoteForRonPaul
01-24-2008, 10:26 PM
Okay guys I know that it was totally frustrating debate and there is not even much time to let RP get more in the game.
But only one question that really pissed me off and I cannot get over it, and I believe if RP answered it strongly he would owned the debate!
The question was: if the war on Iraq was good or bad idea?
And God that was the biggest chance for Ron Paul to kick a real butt and this chance was truly blown away.
RP said it was a bad idea but just saying it flat like this was also a real bad idea, he had to hit as hard as possible, he had to give examples about the cost of the war specially when it comes to blood (leave the treasure alone).
Is the loss of lives of thousand of Americans and hundreds thousands of Iraqis would be any good idea? He had to strike here very hard. Specially after everyone said oh yes that was a great idea.
God I am truly pissed off!

StudentForPaul08
01-24-2008, 10:27 PM
I wish he talked about Nevada, LA, and his 20mil 4th Quarter

SquirrelDog
01-24-2008, 10:29 PM

I'll second that.

BuddyRey
01-24-2008, 10:32 PM

Me too, and how he beat Fred and Rudy multiple times. "Not electable", huh?

davidt!
01-24-2008, 10:35 PM
I wish he would have talked about his recent endorsements and explained wtf he was talking about with his question to McCain.

Free2Be
01-24-2008, 10:36 PM
I wish he had also included the fact that he voted "AGAINST" the war from the very beginning. We all know that, those that don't know him might interpret it as a flip flop??

Thanehand
01-24-2008, 10:37 PM
About 10 more minutes of Ron talking about anything is what I wish I had heard.

Caravello
01-24-2008, 10:40 PM
I missed the debate (sorry). But no question toward anyone about their lack of military service? (except McCain). I really think RP should emphasize this, especially in Florida with a lot of Navy people and retired Military.

dirka
01-24-2008, 10:41 PM
I wish he would have talked about everything!! He totally dropped the ball and talked above everyone on the important issues. And he should have said he is the strongest on pro life which would appeal to all the catholics in Florida. I mean jeez, he really let some fast balls get by him.

dealerjim
01-24-2008, 10:42 PM
They totally screwed him by not giving him an equal amount of time. Lord knows I was screaming at my tv when Russert asked Romney 3 questions in a row. I am just livid...

Goldwater Conservative
01-24-2008, 10:44 PM
After Huckabee touted Chuck Norris and McCain touted Sly Stallone, Paul should have touted Barry Goldwater, Jr.

SeanEdwards
01-24-2008, 10:44 PM
The thing that bothered me about the iraq war question was that Paul did not hammer the fact that he stood up to his own party during the rush to war and voted against the authorization. I think that was a terrible lost opportunity. One of the stooges even followed up and implied that it's easy to second guess the President now, sort of insinuating that Paul had reversed position. Paul needed to hammer the fact that he was right from the start and courageously stood up to his own party, and in fact an entire country of war obsessed fools. That is real courage.

Akus
01-24-2008, 10:45 PM
His question for McCain should have been plain enough for an average Joe to undestand, yet complex enough for John "I know the economy" McCain to trip over himself.

He simply didn't fight, like he should have. He definitely should have raised some stink about him hardly being involved in a discourse.

VoteForRonPaul
01-24-2008, 10:45 PM
I wish he had also included the fact that he voted "AGAINST" the war from the very beginning. We all know that, those that don't know him might interpret it as a flip flop??
Agreed!