PDA

View Full Version : Why blackballing of Ron Paul is good

Warrior_of_Freedom
01-24-2008, 10:21 PM
My grandma was watching the debates (I talked to her about Ron Paul a few times but then she went onto thinking about old people stuff) and without me intervening she said "That Ron Paul guy sounds like he knows what hes talking about." Later on she goes to say "They don't give that man a chance to speak." Public curiousity will help him!

JeffersonThomas
01-24-2008, 10:22 PM
bump! go grandma!! I hope she DONATES :)

MrsW
01-24-2008, 10:35 PM
the good news (if you can call it that... maybe it's just more of a silver lining) is that he was invited and ignored... people could witness it... it wouldn't have been as blatent otherwise.

LiberalDemForRP
01-24-2008, 10:39 PM
My grandma was watching the debates (I talked to her about Ron Paul a few times but then she went onto thinking about old people stuff) and without me intervening she said "That Ron Paul guy sounds like he knows what hes talking about." Later on she goes to say "They don't give that man a chance to speak." Public curiousity will help him!

Wow. Insert my dad for your grandma and this is exactly what he had to say, too. I converted him tonight.

Trigonx
01-24-2008, 10:42 PM
i know a lot of us have been talking to family and friends about the MSM blackout and they laugh at us, but when this happens they start to realize we are right.

Ex Post Facto
01-24-2008, 10:42 PM
I converted my entire family just by showing them the media beating up on RP in the last debates. They said anyone that gets attacked like that must be a real candadite for change.

Trigonx
01-24-2008, 10:46 PM
bump

Staupostek
01-24-2008, 10:46 PM
They said anyone that gets attacked like that must be a real candadite for change.

Not always true, but in this case it is very strange that those on the left, right, and middle are all acting in concert to ignore this guy. It begs the question why and hopefully everyone watching tonight will ask that question, "Why are they afraid to let him speak?" and realize that he is the man with answers.

Akus
01-24-2008, 10:48 PM
Wow. Insert my dad for your grandma and this is exactly what he had to say, too. I converted him tonight.

these are all good news, I hope ignoring Ron Paul gets people's curiosity and thus get them to support him in the end.

Richandler
01-24-2008, 10:52 PM
Now we just need this happening with people we aren't reaching.

CurtisLow
01-24-2008, 10:57 PM

Nice! Thanks Gram for your point of view!

rockandrollsouls
My father is a fervent Ron Paul supporter. Vietnam vet, hard working man; he gets really fired up talking about how every other candidate up there has screwed the working man over. He actually went as far as to say he would write his name on the ballot if he had to. Like father like son? The point of my story is people can judge for themselves. It's not that hard to tell who knows what they are talking about, so don't worry so much. We only grow stronger and we'll see it through the end.

bobo37
This is bad they they don't give him time because the average American is to lazy to check anything out and will go by what the here on MSM

evadmurd
01-24-2008, 11:00 PM
At least your Grandma is a wise woman. Unfortunately 99% of the rest of the country could give a f**k

Liberty Star
01-24-2008, 11:16 PM

Good observation. You have a wise grandma :)

UziSprayTF
01-24-2008, 11:21 PM
At least your Grandma is a wise woman. Unfortunately 99% of the rest of the country could give a f**k

To be fair, its like 94% of republicans or 97% of the adult aged country :P

ShowMeLiberty
01-24-2008, 11:22 PM
And that, fellow patriots, is what we call "blowback". :D

deedles
01-24-2008, 11:24 PM
I've lost track of the number of people that have said exactly that to me... just today it was my sister (who, although she doesn't agree with him on something that she wouldn't tell me so I wouldn't give her a half hour dissertation, probably... she is voting for him because the rest of them are 'so horrible, yuck.' That's a quote)

A. Havnes
01-24-2008, 11:24 PM
Your grandma likes him? I wish I could convert mine. I thought the social security issue would turn him off for a lot of people because they didn't give him enough time to explain his stance very well.

Cinderella
01-24-2008, 11:25 PM
i agree....i hope this blackout will prompt those who dont kno the great doctor, to do some reasearch on him....maybe listen to his previous debates.....

ughhh i feel so damn patriotic its sickening....never have i been soooo into politics or our country till i heard of ron paul

seapilot
01-24-2008, 11:43 PM
i agree....i hope this blackout will prompt those who dont kno the great doctor, to do some reasearch on him....maybe listen to his previous debates.....

ughhh i feel so damn patriotic its sickening....never have i been soooo into politics or our country till i heard of ron paul

Welcome to the club!:D

DirtMcGirt
01-24-2008, 11:51 PM
yep... every time he spoke he was on point... anyone who watched the debate will ask themselves why the hell wont they let him talk...

LynnB
01-24-2008, 11:54 PM
Today at work, my husband queried an older fellow worker about his voting choice, and the guy said, "Oh, we've got to vote for Ron Paul, our 14-year-old grandson knows all about him and told us what he stood for!"
Awesome, huh?