PDA

View Full Version : Question Ron Paul asked to John McCain???

ndega360
01-24-2008, 10:15 PM
Does anybody know what Ron Paul was asking John McCain regarding what committee McCain was a member of (this was during the open question session) ??

Kludge
01-24-2008, 10:18 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plunge_Protection_Team

It's basically a subtle gov't org. that allegedly has a magical scheme that keeps our bubbles from collapsing, such as how the Dow buoyed up 400 points in a couple hours 2 days ago

steve005
01-24-2008, 10:21 PM
elite

ndega360
01-24-2008, 10:22 PM
cool, thanks!

ronpauleddy
01-24-2008, 10:23 PM
That was a wasted question!! he made McCain look silly but the general public has no clue what he is talking about!!!
He's gotta start appealing to the general public!!

Young_Apprentice
01-24-2008, 10:26 PM
I can just imagine Ben Bernanke sitting at home watching the debate thinking, Oh !@#$ he just told the Paultards about the PPT!

mysticgeek
01-24-2008, 10:26 PM
Does anybody know what Ron Paul was asking John McCain regarding what committee McCain was a member of (this was during the open question session) ??

Here is a great article on the PPT

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...ckm/plunge.htm

Geronimo
01-24-2008, 10:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ1OB2iLxcY

TonySutton
01-24-2008, 10:29 PM
The long shot made the National Leader in the Polls look foolish. Nationwide BIG points for Ron Paul. Additionally he now has a poison arrow to shoot at McCain at his leisure.

Young_Apprentice
01-24-2008, 10:33 PM
Wouldn't it be wonderful if we all woke up tomorrow and the news read,

McCain on the PPT: Uhmmhmh...we need more sunshine....and i have friends who I hope are smarter than I am...

Corydoras
01-24-2008, 10:34 PM
Here is a great article on the PPT

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...ckm/plunge.htm

That link didn't work for me. But this one did:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/business/longterm/blackm/plunge.htm

mcgraw_wv
01-24-2008, 10:35 PM
The question was dumb... not voter appeal at all...

The entire debate stunk, not just RP but the whole thing, no movement, no chance to change minds...

mysticgeek
01-24-2008, 10:36 PM
That link didn't work for me. But this one did:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/business/longterm/blackm/plunge.htm

thanks

RSLudlum
01-24-2008, 11:12 PM
I can just imagine Ben Bernanke sitting at home watching the debate thinking, Oh !@#$ he just told the Paultards about the PPT!

LOL...All my family and friends love the fact that they are learning from a 'politician' for the first time in their lives!! ;)

Catatonic
01-24-2008, 11:15 PM
I wish he would have asked romney why he thinks msnbc is continuing to censor him despite his obviously large support, but making mccain look like an idiot was good too.

Voodoo
01-24-2008, 11:16 PM

I'm sure you'll do better when you run for President. Until then, I'm fairly convinced that that is the most awesomest question ever asked on live TV. CNBC has only been talking about it for three days.

rmholla
01-24-2008, 11:24 PM

I completely disagree with you. This questions was perfect because it is something MOST people do not understand. With that in mind, it is the PERFECT issue to write a letter to the editor (LTE) about!

I posted about this in another thread as well. But basically the gist is this, everyone should write a LTE to their local newpaper(s) and say something along the line of... (be sure to put this in your own words)

I thought John McCain was a good candidate until I noticed that he seems to dodge a lot of questions. In the most recent debate he showed that he doesn't understand the PPT that President Bush has started.

Dr. Ron Paul asked him the question so I did a little research on him since I have not seen him mentioned much in the press. I discovered that Ron Paul has served on the House Banking committee, currently serves on the House Financial Services Committee, and the Joint Economic Committee, and has written several books. He is the best candidate in regards to understanding economic policy.

Also toss in that Ron Paul is a doctor so he completely understand how the health care system ACTUALLY works and he is a veteran so he understands military policy.

We can run with this and get Ron Paul a massive amount of local press. Remember that the pen is mightier than the sword, so pick up your pens!!!

-

bdennis5
01-24-2008, 11:24 PM
I think if Dr. Paul wants to follow this up on the Glen Beck program he would have full access to the program. GB is firing all guns blazing against McCain we should take this opp to get on his program and point out his association with this PPT group whatever that may be.

all speculation of course but we should use any opportunity we can IMO.

Ernest Hancock
01-24-2008, 11:27 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Working_Group_on_Financial_Markets

I think this is what the question Ron Paul asked McCain was about.

Buffalo Bruce
01-24-2008, 11:32 PM
I didn't know what group RP was referring to in the question he asked McCain. More importantly, McCain didn't answer the question. McCain seemed nervous, stuttered once, and seemed to be stalling to use up his time dodging the question. McCain did not look presidential stumbling around.

Just after the debate, RP seemed to shake Rudi's hand and seemed to be going down the row and it appeared that McCain stode past him without shaking. The camera was such a distance from the stage that it may not have been McCain but if anyone watches the debate again, see if that is what happened.

FreestarMediaDotCom
01-24-2008, 11:36 PM
Ron wasted his opportunity to hit one out of the park. He has to start learning how to appeal to the average voter. Huckabee's dramatic rise is largely attributable to his excellent debating skills. A presidential debate is not about winning the debate its about winning the election!

I love Ron but will someone sit him down with a debate coach, damn it. The debates are his main opportunity to rise.

Shaun
01-24-2008, 11:42 PM
WASTE OF A QUESTION...
Nobody understood it.
Classic example of too much intelligence and not enough emotional appeal.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-24-2008, 11:43 PM
Wasted question.

fmontez
01-24-2008, 11:44 PM

Yes, but I doubt most people did, he sounded pretty out of it... it was his biggest chance to shine to date, I think he got nervous... he should have asked about the ridicules Stimulus package.

DirtMcGirt
01-24-2008, 11:47 PM
loved the question, made me research it... it's all about the truth people

clintontj72
01-24-2008, 11:49 PM
He should have asked McCain to explain the mechanisms by which inflation is created...McCain would have looked like a complete fool!

atthegates
01-24-2008, 11:52 PM
he could have thought of a much better question

Silverback
01-24-2008, 11:53 PM
It was an excellent question.

McCain had just claimed to know about the economy, Ron asks him a basic economic question while at the same time bringing our interventionist policy regarding market volatility to the attention of millions of people.

McCain looked like a fool, Rons credentials on economics go up, even if people don't know what he's talking about.

People don't expect to understand economics, they want smart people to deal with it and if they don't understand what they're saying they just figure they're really smart.

That's the only reason the Fed still exists.

Michigan11
01-24-2008, 11:56 PM
He asked McVain about the PPT (Plunge Protection Team), created by Reagan after the 1987 stock market crash. The group meets in secret and acts in secret, but it is widely known, it is often the reason for the stock market recovering late in the day after heavy selling.

a2planet2
01-24-2008, 11:57 PM
He geeked out with a very academic question that the average voter wouldn't understand when he could have just stung his rivals by asking "There are a lot of big ideas about how to solve the economic problem, but none of you have uttered a word about what cause the economic problem... so, why ARE we in an economic crisis? This question is for the first opponent to raise his hand."

Still, he definitely snagged McCain with his question.

nullvalu
01-25-2008, 12:00 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plunge_Protection_Team

It's basically a subtle gov't org. that allegedly has a magical scheme that keeps our bubbles from collapsing, such as how the Dow buoyed up 400 points in a couple hours 2 days ago

actually 600 points.. pretty remarkable, huh? :rolleyes:

BillyFromPhilly
01-25-2008, 12:02 AM
It was a terrible question outta RP and an even worse complete duck by McCain. RP just knows alot more then the guys he is dancing with, people just need to get used to that The man is smart. It was like the Humprey hawkins testimony with Greenspan every year. No one else in the room knew what he and RP were even going at it about. Ali Frazier every-single-time.

The rookies in the room pandered. It was always "isnt my pet project the best thing ever?" and Al would talk right through them. Say nothing and have the guy taking notes.

Thats what it looked like.

Poor question. He should asked...

McCain about POWs

or

Romney about LBOs

or

Rudy about equity stakes in the homeland security companies he pimps

or

Huckleberry on why he is Carl Mencia to his ideas

or

McCain on the Keating 5

or

Rudy about firefighters

or

Romney about the difference between fees and taxes

or

McCain about being a dick

or

Huckleberry about why Chuck Norris

or

MSNBC on why they and everyone else keep talking third party

or

why he gets one tenth of the airtime and six times the donors

or

Why is our country no longer first...he shoulda asked that to every single one of them.

BillyFromPhilly
01-25-2008, 12:04 AM

The entire debate stunk, not just RP but the whole thing, no movement, no chance to change minds...

disagree, I brought actual proof...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=100793

jcarcinogen
01-25-2008, 12:05 AM
Here is another article about Bush's meeting with them, It is a very intriguing question.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=A1YourView&xml=/money/2008/01/07/ccview107.xml

BillyFromPhilly
01-25-2008, 12:12 AM
Here is another article about Bush's meeting with them, It is a very intriguing question.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?view=DETAILS&grid=A1YourView&xml=/money/2008/01/07/ccview107.xml

It interesting stuff and it is real, but it was a terrible question.

It didnt get people interested in him and it didnt put McCain on the spot for anything other than his ignorance.

blackbird12
01-25-2008, 01:23 AM
RP is playing chess. The rest of those yahoos are playing checkers. The problem is, no matter how brilliant a chess move that question was, the rest of America only understands the rules of checkers.

I applaud Dr Paul for trying to educate a small percentage of us who genuinely listen, but he's going to HAVE to appeal to the masses if he wants to win. But perhaps he's decided that planting the seeds of education is more important than winning.

zumajoe
01-25-2008, 02:04 AM
He geeked out with a very academic question that the average voter wouldn't understand when he could have just stung his rivals by asking "There are a lot of big ideas about how to solve the economic problem, but none of you have uttered a word about what cause the economic problem... so, why ARE we in an economic crisis? This question is for the first opponent to raise his hand."

Still, he definitely snagged McCain with his question.

clap to that! you should be running pal. that would have been so RAD if he did that.

Thunderbolt
01-25-2008, 02:07 AM
That was a wasted question!! he made McCain look silly but the general public has no clue what he is talking about!!!
He's gotta start appealing to the general public!!

+10000000000000

Thunderbolt
01-25-2008, 02:10 AM
It was an excellent question.

McCain had just claimed to know about the economy, Ron asks him a basic economic question while at the same time bringing our interventionist policy regarding market volatility to the attention of millions of people.

McCain looked like a fool, Rons credentials on economics go up, even if people don't know what he's talking about.

People don't expect to understand economics, they want smart people to deal with it and if they don't understand what they're saying they just figure they're really smart.

That's the only reason the Fed still exists.

Basic? Maybe to an economist with a Ph.D

RonPaulCult
01-25-2008, 02:11 AM
I wish he had asked: "Sen. McCain a survey taken of NH voters showed that 50% of them thought you wanted to end the war and bring our troops home yet before the election you stated you would possibly leave them there for 100 years. Do you think that despite being a former POW people need to wake up to the fact that you're a blood thirsty war loving a-hole?"

"Sen. McCain you have 30 seconds to respond"

(note: there was some sort of survey like that - I don't remember the exact percentage)

TaiwanGuy
01-25-2008, 02:21 AM
i think it was an alright question that was delivered extremely poorly. after reading up on the subject, i think he was trying to bait mccain into admitting something that paul will address in the future, but who knows.

i think that there are millions of better questions to attract voters though. he really had the opportunity to make someone look dumb.

dblee
01-25-2008, 02:21 AM
I wanted him to ask "How do any of you plan to win the general election when 70% of the american public is against this war?"

DirtMcGirt
01-25-2008, 02:29 AM
I guarantee that 82% of United States citizens never heard of that, mccain should of... RP is my hero!!!

Richandler
01-25-2008, 02:30 AM
It was the first actual debate question asked in the last year of this so-called debating.

BigRedBrent
01-25-2008, 02:40 AM
LOL...All my family and friends love the fact that they are learning from a 'politician' for the first time in their lives!! ;)

This is the most priceless quote I have ever seen in all of my life. OMG, I absolutely LOVE it!

This need to be made into a bumper sticker or a t-shirt or something. :P

revolutionary8
01-25-2008, 02:45 AM
Don't listen to anyone asking you what this question meant,
Then "informs you" it was "useless" :D
I don't hold their lack of knowledge against them, just see it for what it is, because I used to live there myself. :)
RP started the "rumor" that is NOT a "rumor", that was said to be "only a rumor" :D
BRILLIANT.

JonathanR
01-25-2008, 02:46 AM
I think the question was designed to raise awareness more than anything.

revolutionary8
01-25-2008, 02:50 AM
I think the question was designed to raise awareness more than anything.

Absolutely.
It needs to be known that a band of rich elites throw their money in to whatever it takes to save their asses and maintain control of the empire. They have been meddling with the metals (no pun intended) and with NYSE and with ________ for decades. Time to call them out. :D
Batter up.
:D

Rusty John
01-25-2008, 02:52 AM
It was a terrible question outta RP and an even worse complete duck by McCain. RP just knows alot more then the guys he is dancing with, people just need to get used to that The man is smart. It was like the Humprey hawkins testimony with Greenspan every year. No one else in the room knew what he and RP were even going at it about. Ali Frazier every-single-time.

The rookies in the room pandered. It was always "isnt my pet project the best thing ever?" and Al would talk right through them. Say nothing and have the guy taking notes.

Thats what it looked like.

Poor question. He should asked...

McCain about POWs

or

Romney about LBOs

or

Rudy about equity stakes in the homeland security companies he pimps

or

Huckleberry on why he is Carl Mencia to his ideas

or

McCain on the Keating 5

or

Rudy about firefighters

or

Romney about the difference between fees and taxes

or

McCain about being a dick

or

Huckleberry about why Chuck Norris

or

MSNBC on why they and everyone else keep talking third party

or

why he gets one tenth of the airtime and six times the donors

or

Why is our country no longer first...he shoulda asked that to every single one of them.
Lol..Senator McCain, why are you a cock?

You know I once saw an interview with McCain in 2000 where he was talking about money in politics where he admitted that getting money from PACs had caused him to change his vote- don't know why no one has dug that up- the man admitted to being bribed.

billyjoeallen
01-25-2008, 02:58 AM
This "Working Group" from wikipedia:

"Plunge Protection Team"
One theory regarding the Working Group refers to it as the Plunge Protection Team. This theory claims that the Working Group is a scheme to manipulate U.S. stock markets in the event of a market crash by using government funds to buy stocks, or other instruments such as stock index futures.

The term "Plunge Protection Team" was originally the headline for an article in The Washington Post by staff writer Brett D. Fromson, published on Sunday, February 23, 1997.[2] He did not invent the term. It was added later by a copy desk editor as a sensational nickname for the Working Group.[3]

From me:

The article has been edited TODAY. I don't remember everything that has been removed, but I distinctly recall the word "Hyperinflation." This group essentially protects rich stockholders by propping up markets with tax revenues and monetary expansion (inflation). The people who ultimately pay for this scheme are wage earners and savers (us), and taxpayers (also us).

Rusty John
01-25-2008, 03:02 AM
I'm sure McCain was thinking, "What can I say? I know sunshine, every one likes sunshine, that's why I moved to Arizona, sunshine."

Congressman Paul, I believe in sunshine...it gives us vitamin D....

BigRedBrent
01-25-2008, 03:04 AM
Lol..Senator McCain, why are you a cock?

You know I once saw an interview with McCain in 2000 where he was talking about money in politics where he admitted that getting money from PACs had caused him to change his vote- don't know why no one has dug that up- the man admitted to being bribed.

Well dig it up, I want to see it on youtube, dang.

revolutionary8
01-25-2008, 03:07 AM
I'm sure McCain was thinking, "What can I say? I know sunshine, every one likes sunshine, that's why I moved to Arizona, sunshine."

Congressman Paul, I believe in sunshine...it gives us vitamin D....
LOL
Yep.
"Ahhh, 'Sunshine'... Now that is a word I know, "let's roll"!!!!! Atttaaaackkkk!!!"

Rusty John
01-25-2008, 03:14 AM
LOL
Yep.
"Ahhh, 'Sunshine'... Now that is a word I know, "let's roll"!!!!! Atttaaaackkkk!!!"
"I'll chase you to the gates of hell, sunshine!"

There should be a drinking game requiring contestants to take a shot every time McCain blinks.

revolutionary8
01-25-2008, 03:44 AM
"I'll chase you to the gates of hell, sunshine!"

There should be a drinking game requiring contestants to take a shot every time McCain blinks.

"Mitt-
The Tax Whisperer"

nightlight
01-25-2008, 04:12 AM
Those still doubting the brilliance of Dr Paul's question should check this longer version (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqKaU2fZkAc) of the clip (with enhanced audio <i>at the end</i>).