PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul did Great tonight!!!

TwiLeXia
01-24-2008, 10:12 PM
Sure, he didn't get enough time, and sure, he didn't seem as fired up as usual. But I think he was smartly - and rightly - showing that he's no longer a fringe trying to scream out policies and ideas. Instead he clearly showed that he was different than the rest, he was articulate, he was logical, and frankly I thought his answers, especially the one on the Iraq War, was perfect. The Social Security one was very good as well.

Honestly, if I was Dr. Paul I would have been ready to kill the moderators for giving me such little time... but the man was amazingly patient and amazingly calm.

Paulitical Correctness
01-24-2008, 10:13 PM
Like I said in the official thread, I think he's had speech lessons. :D

Computer
01-24-2008, 10:14 PM
He did do extremely well.

Dorfsmith
01-24-2008, 10:15 PM
Ron did well but I liked his performance in the last debate so well I hoped for more of the same :D

AzNsOuLjAh27
01-24-2008, 10:15 PM
He always does good, thats why they stay away from him. Did you guys realize how many questions everyone else got asked, that shit pisses me off so much.

SevenEyedJeff
01-24-2008, 10:16 PM
I'm glad he didn't get much time, cuz it won't take my dialup internet so long to download the video feed. :D

squandertime
01-24-2008, 10:24 PM
he didnt do great.

he had a preplanned question (fer crying out loud)- and he choose to question mccain (not romney the leader) then his question was not explained- take the same question topic and put it in huckabee's mouth. huck would have slowly taken the time to explain it and asked it coherently and confidently. i have no idea why on earth paul did this. why not ask romney a question about what specifically he would cut to cut spending?? he could have pointed to his new economics outline too-- but noooooo paul had to get all cheeky and it helped nada a bit.

i did like it that he got a little emotional in the first question- cant remember what it was though- oh! about -was it worth for us to go into iraq.....

and he could have talked louder and more confidently (presidentially) at the end- a real reaganish finish would have made his debate performance GREAT

he did well- that's it though..........

SquirrelDog
01-24-2008, 10:27 PM
I thought the question Dr. Paul asked McCain was awesome. It showed how little he really does know about the economy/

N13
01-24-2008, 10:29 PM
RP was very efficient with the time he did get.

The question to McCain could have been more effective, but his message on the War was huge and he is the only one who thinks that way. That's called identifying a competitive advantage. He had the best response to the social security issue as well. This is huge for Florida voters.

RP didn't get hurt by this debate. Big boost, bringing in new supporters who haven't heard the message yet.

Marceline88
01-24-2008, 10:57 PM
I am scared about the SS question though. I mean, I loved his answer, thought he explained his plan well BUT, I am a 30-something and I want OUT of SS like yesterday. How do you guys think it played with the 65 and over crowd in Boca Raton however? Did they hear how he made sense about standard of living and inflation, or did they just hear fat faced Russert scare them with END your SS checks?

pacelli
01-24-2008, 10:59 PM
he didnt do great.

he had a preplanned question (fer crying out loud)- and he choose to question mccain (not romney the leader) then his question was not explained- take the same question topic and put it in huckabee's mouth. huck would have slowly taken the time to explain it and asked it coherently and confidently. i have no idea why on earth paul did this. why not ask romney a question about what specifically he would cut to cut spending?? he could have pointed to his new economics outline too-- but noooooo paul had to get all cheeky and it helped nada a bit.

i did like it that he got a little emotional in the first question- cant remember what it was though- oh! about -was it worth for us to go into iraq.....

and he could have talked louder and more confidently (presidentially) at the end- a real reaganish finish would have made his debate performance GREAT

he did well- that's it though..........

His decision to go after McCain was tactical. McCain's got a large number of elderly voters.

Azprint
01-24-2008, 11:00 PM
Agreed. I was taking a nap and slept in the debate. Then I came to the forums and saw all the bitching. Then I saw a highlights and I gotta say he did perdy damn good, especially on economy and his place in Republican Party, plus McCain incoherent answer to his question made me lol. It was good, not the best performance but still decent.

P.S. Gosh people like to bitch about everything on these forums :D

chiplitfam
01-24-2008, 11:03 PM
Not a single mention of Paul in post debate interviews. Nor did they interview Paul or his representative. And when he, along with Romney won the debate, they laughed.

beachmaster
01-24-2008, 11:05 PM
Ron Paul's best debate. He spanked them bad!

FreedomProsperityPeace
01-24-2008, 11:10 PM
I gave him and 8 out of 10.

My only 2 criticisms were during the "was Iraq worth it" question (he gave his same answer and didn't bring anything new...I think he should always bring Iraq back to how much we're spending there and how it negatively affects this country), and his question to McCain (he didn't preface the question with an explanation...I didn't really understand what he was asking and why it was important, and I'm sure most other people didn't either).

He did speak calmly and effectively, wasn't rushed, and he completed thoughts w/o cutting himself off. He did great on the questions about social security and an independent run.