PDA

View Full Version : Sunday's Debate Time

d'anconia
08-01-2007, 06:10 PM
It appears that "This Week" the debate is going to be on fairly early in the morning. Will anyone even be watching it? I'm in California and apparently it'll be playing at 8 AM! I don't even wake up on Sundays until like 1 PM...

What's up with this? What time is it on for you?

http://www.tvguide.com/Listings/default.aspx

Bergie Bergeron
08-01-2007, 06:38 PM
10:30 EST it's a bit early indeed.

ctb619
08-01-2007, 06:40 PM
That is obscenely early.

DeadheadForPaul
08-01-2007, 06:45 PM
10:30 EST it's a bit early indeed.

i thought it was 8 am...did they change it?

I'd be better off pulling an all-nighter and staying up than to try to wake up at 8 on a sunday. i usually dont even go to sleep till like 6 am

Bergie Bergeron
08-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Guess they did change it because the TV Guide says 10:30 !

Matt Collins
08-01-2007, 06:58 PM
What network will carry it?

heiwa
08-01-2007, 07:09 PM
It's ABC.

According to Drake University's website (http://www.drake.edu/news/db/official/archive.php?article=1814) it's 8 am.

I couldn't figure out why it was so early, but I just had a great conspiracy thought.

Suppose they feel that they need to "tweak" it a little? Then they'd need an excuse to play it later, and what better way than to tape it early on a Sunday when no one will be able to watch.

Yeah... that's the ticket!

<grin>

In Peace,
Jen

MozoVote
08-01-2007, 07:12 PM
I have to admit I don't think this debate will make much impact when it is aired. It will matter more for sound bites played later on the news.

PatriotOne
08-01-2007, 07:15 PM
It's 8 a.m. here (PST). I suppose the newstations will be playing"selected" :mad: clips all day long though :confused: .

Hmmm...maybe they will replay it later in the day? I'm already pissed about RP's unfair treatment and it hasn't even happened yet :eek: .

richard1984
08-01-2007, 07:15 PM
I have to admit I don't think this debate will make much impact when it is aired. It will matter more for sound bites played later on the news.

Which makes it easier for those old media fools to put their own twist on it afterwards.

Will ABC be airing it again? They should. (It'd probably be really late at night, though. Geez....)

Harry96
08-01-2007, 07:29 PM
I don't understand why people are complaining about it being on so early, as they also did when Paul was on the program a few weeks ago. Last time I checked, it's not 1970. Don't you people have VCRs? Tivo? What's the problem?

Jennifer Reynolds
08-01-2007, 07:45 PM
///

paulitics
08-01-2007, 08:55 PM
I think people are complaining that it might not get that much interest from any but the die-hards. If it was on in prime time then more would watch.

Has anyone called ABC yet to see if they are going to be fair and give each candidate equal time. They should know about all the websites that count every second each candidate gets to respond. If they are aware of that, they may want to appear more fair. People always act better when they know they are being watched and judged.

Maybe a few of us should call them up just to make sure they will be fair to candidates. Perhaps, a reporter could ask them ahead of time how they plan on behaving: like all the others and play favorites, or like a respectable station and be fair to all? Any reporters out here?

Any writers out here for specific publications?

We should get to them before they fck it up, not after.

I am not talking about being mean. Just curious. And get names. Lots of names.

Here is their website: http://www.woi-tv.com/

There is a link to their advertisers. Call them. Tell them you want a fair debate where all get equal time. Ask them to call ABC and make sure it is fair.

Here is the link for all the advertisers:
http://www.woi-tv.com/Global/link.asp?L=192440&nav=menu115_8_3

I think this is the station's phone number: Phone: (515) 457-9645

I agree. We need to get as many people to call POLITELY as possible.

angelatc
08-01-2007, 08:56 PM
According to the ABC station here, the debate starts at 9:30 CST.

Harry96
08-01-2007, 09:49 PM
I think people are complaining that it might not get that much interest from any but the die-hards. If it was on in prime time then more would watch.

Has anyone called ABC yet to see if they are going to be fair and give each candidate equal time. They should know about all the websites that count every second each candidate gets to respond. If they are aware of that, they may want to appear more fair. People always act better when they know they are being watched and judged.

Maybe a few of us should call them up just to make sure they will be fair to candidates. Perhaps, a reporter could ask them ahead of time how they plan on behaving: like all the others and play favorites, or like a respectable station and be fair to all? Any reporters out here?

Any writers out here for specific publications?

We should get to them before they fck it up, not after.

I am not talking about being mean. Just curious. And get names. Lots of names.

Here is their website: http://www.woi-tv.com/

There is a link to their advertisers. Call them. Tell them you want a fair debate where all get equal time. Ask them to call ABC and make sure it is fair.

Here is the link for all the advertisers:
http://www.woi-tv.com/Global/link.asp?L=192440&nav=menu115_8_3

I think this is the station's phone number: Phone: (515) 457-9645

Gotcha. I feel kind of dumb now.

It'd be nice if it were in prime time, but maybe it isn't because it's geared toward Iowans who intend the vote in the straw poll, and people who are interested enough to do that will probably go out of their way to see it no matter when it's on.

I believe the prime time debates start next month, and I think we'll be down to a lot fewer candidates by then.

DjLoTi
08-01-2007, 09:51 PM
Just to let everyone know, I will be broadcasting live at the debates on RonPaulradio.com

We will have an archive, so if you miss the event, you can download it from us or hear it later on in the day (We'll probably replay it later in the afternoon)