PDA

View Full Version : Worst Debate Ever??

azam
01-24-2008, 09:01 PM
Dr. RP is getting totally excluded!!!

Kludge
01-24-2008, 09:03 PM
Maybe we're just biased and expecting him to get all the air time. For the time he's had, he's done amazingly well, I'd say it's his best debate yet

freedom1787
01-24-2008, 09:05 PM
Reasons it's good: He looks like he has an IQ way above the rest, except for possibly Romney.
Reasons it's bad: 1 hour of debate, 90 seconds of Ron Paul :(

Aaron_einstein
01-24-2008, 09:06 PM
I miss the way Ron debated before the primaries, he was inspirational and thought-provoking.. He just always seems tired and bumbling nowadays. :(

jillian
01-24-2008, 09:06 PM
really bad debate

libertythor
01-24-2008, 09:07 PM
This is one of the worst debates.....worse than the CNBC debate!

graddium
01-24-2008, 09:08 PM
Ya, thumbs down. Waste of air time.

itshappening
01-24-2008, 09:08 PM
he is getting less time than when they had 10 candidates up there.

it's disgusting

jillian
01-24-2008, 09:09 PM
I miss the way Ron debated before the primaries, he was inspirational and thought-provoking.. He just always seems tired and bumbling nowadays. :(

i think he is feeling the pain

i feel sorry for him.

he deserves better than this.

randomname
01-24-2008, 09:10 PM
this one is worse than the youtube debate

Matt23
01-24-2008, 09:11 PM
You can't make RP look bad in this debate as they learned from the SC debate so there censoring him from every question they can.

jillian
01-24-2008, 09:11 PM
i'm on the verge of tears:(

freedom1787
01-24-2008, 09:13 PM
They are afraid of him. I think this debate makes RP supporters sound right. Many did not believe the media blackout, many did not believe RP's simple and poignant views...so as bad as this is - I think RP walks away looking good.

mlingley
01-24-2008, 09:14 PM
This is ridiculous.
I think we're still on the "First they ignore you" thing.

He did get more time when there were 10 candidates..

Might as well have been a Romney paid advertisement.

JoeySweets
01-24-2008, 09:15 PM
He was asked 1 Question

Goldwater Conservative
01-24-2008, 09:15 PM
I think it's been about average for Paul. I've actually had the TV on mute for the other candidates because I'm tired of their same nonsensical BS and all the Huckleberry jokes. Maybe above-average overall if his question to McCain gets media coverage.

anewvoice
01-24-2008, 09:16 PM
Paul is fine, the assholes controlling the time distribution are awful

they did just say Dr. Paul, Congressman Paul

Kludge
01-24-2008, 09:26 PM
Guys, there are important questions being asked. There's no time for Ron Paul or America.

WE'RE DEALING WITH CHUCK NORRIS!

Fields
01-24-2008, 09:28 PM
Jeez, the most boring debate, EVAR

Taco John
01-24-2008, 09:31 PM
I hate to say it, but he's not using the time he does get effectively. He's not comfortable up there. He rambles. He doesn't stay on message. This debate has been a disaster and the only saving grace is that he's NOT been given much time.

He needs a speech coach. He needs consice and clear messaging. He needs to know how to answer these gotcha questions without turning off voters.

CrownThyGood
01-24-2008, 09:31 PM
this is a completely ridiculous debate.. it's not a debate .. it's a show. blah blah blah .. same crap .. not addressing nothing. block paul and prop up people in favor of more war.

Mandrik
01-24-2008, 09:32 PM
He gets more time in FOX debates. FOX!

homah
01-24-2008, 09:33 PM
shitty questions, shitty answers, all the other candidates patting each other on the back like it's the good ole boys club, dr. paul being ignored...horrible, horrible debate. waste of time.

gregl26
01-24-2008, 09:36 PM
this has got to be the worst debate ever. these questions are crap. there are no really hard-hitting questions. too many jokes, too many equivocations

pinkmandy
01-24-2008, 09:36 PM
Dr. Paul has done fine, he just didn't get the time. He does look tired, though. I guess being surrounded by vampires just sucks it right out of you...

FSP-Rebel
01-24-2008, 09:37 PM
Ron just owned them with the last question! What way to finish up. Holy sh!t

Greenskin
01-24-2008, 09:38 PM
Ron had good answers, but was only asked maybe three times?

Horrible debate, might as well been a 2 hour Romney Ad

roguepatriot
01-24-2008, 09:39 PM
What a fucking joke this debate was.

This is a media blackout of our candidate!

This is a wake up call for every Ron Paul supporter
to stop supporting all of the MSM and their supporters.

This is a war we can not afford to lose.

Boycott NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN, FAUX and the rest.

I am serious boycott them all.[

alieas007
01-24-2008, 09:43 PM

+1

WTFYO
01-24-2008, 09:45 PM
the worst debate I've seen...

jumpyg1258
01-24-2008, 09:46 PM
What debate? All I saw was a love fest questionnaire.

atthegates
01-24-2008, 09:46 PM
god that was horrible....i was so pissed off that romney got to speak for like 6 minutes straight cuz they kept asking him question after question. paul, and even huckabee, didn't get that much time at all. horrible and boring debate

idrake
01-24-2008, 09:48 PM
I hate to say it, but he's not using the time he does get effectively. He's not comfortable up there. He rambles. He doesn't stay on message. This debate has been a disaster and the only saving grace is that he's NOT been given much time.

He needs a speech coach. He needs consice and clear messaging. He needs to know how to answer these gotcha questions without turning off voters.

I don't know about a speach coach, but he needs help with his answers. I know his platform and his record, it's all great, but he can't vocalize it effectively in this style of debate.

Probably because he's falling a sleep between his questions....I know I was.

Anyway, he blew his question. He really should have hit someone HARD. Instead had stumbled out a question that even I didn't understand.

MrFunions
01-24-2008, 09:58 PM
I think it's time Dr. Paul invested some of that money in a debate coach. He seriously needs it. I have seen him do well in debates before, but now it looks like he's up against pro-debaters. The only one he looked better than was Giuliani. I hate to say it, but the average voter is not intelligent enough to understand all of his words. I'd say his answer to the last question was great, but he could have really hit McCain with a better question. I was disappointed in the way he asked his question. Someone please invest in a debate coach!! We need to be better in the next debate!!

ConstitutionGal
01-24-2008, 10:05 PM
Dr. Paul looked tired and, dare I say it, bored. I know I was with having to suffer through 80+ minutes of drivel in order to hear 6 or so minutes of Dr. Paul. Sadly, he missed a couple of good opportunities tonight by stumbling over his words which made his answers/question seem unclear. Had his question to McCain seemed clearer, I think McCain's (lack of an) answer would have been more profound.

Ah well, can't win 'em all and I doubt anyone here could have done any better after keeping to the schedule that Dr. Paul has been dealing with for the past several months.

r3volution
01-24-2008, 10:14 PM
your all kidding right ? did you all just join ? the only difference between this debate and the other is they did not attack Ron , i think they learned that is when he shins and is at his best . that is the only reason it seemed lame ..

MattMinnesota
01-24-2008, 10:16 PM
Way worse than the Fox Debate even. At least in that debate Ron shoved the loaded questions back down the moderators throats. I guess they decided it would be better to ignore him than let him talk.

Fortunately this was on MSNBC and NBC.

webber53
01-24-2008, 10:21 PM

You little thief. You stole my comments!

:D

sillvergirl
01-24-2008, 10:23 PM
idrake, Ron Paul knows that John McCain is extremely weak in his knowledge
and understanding about economics: fiscal policy,monetary policy, banking,etc.
SO Dr. Paul asked McCain whether McCain favored the current policy carried out by
the so-called "President's Working Group on the Financial Markets"(PWG) and its opacity(i.e. lack of "sunshine".)

He asked this question because 1) He knew that McCain had no idea whatsoever what the PWG has been doing....which was proven accurate since McCain stumbled around claiming that McCain is "surrounded by his team of experts ", then launching into his memorized name-dropping list of economists who will advise him...

and 2) He asked the question in hopes of leading into a discussion wherein Dr. Paul could INFORM the American public that the President's Working Group on the Financial Markets is simply a cadre of 4 individuals whose function is to manipulate
our so-called "free market"by buying DOW stock indices, propping the $US dollar with money created out of thin air using the mechanics and blessing of the FEDERAL RESERVE scam,and thereby trick investors( and the American public) that the US economy and stockmarket and $US dollar are "OK".
When Dr. Paul should have been able to respond to McCain's lame , dodgy answer, Brian WIlliams cut Dr. Paul off.

SO , as you have shown , unfortunately ...the public is STILL in the dark about the scam that is operative in our federal govrnment,wherein they manipulate markets , with money created out of nothing, devaluing our currency, allowing the Wall Street fat cats to sell at the "highs" , leaving the suckers stuck holding the bag to later be forced into selling their stock holdings at the "lows."

Dr. Paul was trying to expose this fraud , but was not allowed to get the message out. SO the average American is still in the dark. The criminals
are still able to remain in charge. And the one honest public servant gets
shafted again.

If the American public don't figure this scam out soon....there won't
be a country left to save. China , like any creditor, will simply foreclose on the defaulting borrower, USA, and come in and take over the whole country!!

ArrestPoliticians
01-24-2008, 10:25 PM
he was on FIRE the last two debates. This debate was his worst(by MSM design). I was just happy they didnt ask him the racism question at the end, that wouldve sucked.

Mini-Me
01-24-2008, 10:53 PM
Guys, don't feel too disheartened. Was this a bad debate? Yes, it was. Paul had very little speaking time, and while he had several good moments, he didn't make the best of the very little time he did have. Romney, unfortunately, looked very good with all of the time he was given to bullshit and say things he doesn't have any intention of following through on. That said, there WILL be other debates, and if another candidate drops out of the race, Paul will get more time.

I wanted to point something out that I thought was interesting, though...I think that without knowing it, Huckabee really did Ron Paul a favor tonight: When Tim Russert pressed him on how "realistic" his ideas were, Huckabee was very assertive and confident in shutting him up and saying that part of America's problem is this misplaced focus on whether new ideas are "realistic" to actually do. I think he had a very coherent, convincing answer that we need to talk about what we can do to fix the broken system rather than taking a defeatist attitude and assuming we need to stick to the status quo forever. While Huckabee is like Paul in advocating the abolition of the IRS, the real irony of this is that Paul supports far more radical changes than other candidate, and he's the one most often criticized for not being "realistic" about drastically cutting back the size of government. Huckabee's answer gave anyone listening something to chew on, and when he drops out of the race soon (which is becoming more and more likely), this optimistic attitude about real change could be a boon for Paul. In other words, in addressing a criticism meant for him, Huckabee did a terrific job at defending Ron Paul from similar criticisms.

ArrestPoliticians
01-24-2008, 10:57 PM
I think it's time Dr. Paul invested some of that money in a debate coach. He seriously needs it. I have seen him do well in debates before, but now it looks like he's up against pro-debaters. The only one he looked better than was Giuliani. I hate to say it, but the average voter is not intelligent enough to understand all of his words. I'd say his answer to the last question was great, but he could have really hit McCain with a better question. I was disappointed in the way he asked his question. Someone please invest in a debate coach!! We need to be better in the next debate!!

he did great in the last two debates... this one he had no time to judge him off of. You could find 6 minutes of romney making an ass of himself out of his 20 im sure.

angrydragon
01-24-2008, 11:04 PM
It was boring, if anyone actually looked at their records the candidates we're spouting, they'd be disgusting with what they see, except for Dr. Paul's records. The debate was very unfair and Dr. Paul didn't get enough questions.

Shink
01-24-2008, 11:07 PM
I was enraged when Rommel got FOUR QUESTIONS IN A ROW--that's the TOTAL for Ron's whole evening!!

A. Havnes
01-24-2008, 11:22 PM
My impression of the debate was this: Romney did really well. I admit, I laughed at his jokes about the Clintons, but let's face it, Romney had loads more time. He dominated this debate because he got a lot of questions and a lot of time to answer them.

When Ron Paul had 30 seconds to explain an issue, I think they cut him off long before his time was done! And I do agree that Ron Paul isn't a very good speaker. He's clearly very intelligent, as we all know, but he tries to pack way too much information into a little space. As I said, though, he didn't have much to talk.

Also, did anyone notice that they were okay when people clapped for Romney (I think), but right after they clapped for Ron Paul they were reminded not to clap?

I think Guiliani buried himself pretty deep in this debate, as did McCain. Seriously, McCain didn't make any sense whatsoever. We all know what a big government kind of guy he is, so why even bother to pretend to be conservative? That and he lied a few times throughout the debate.

Huckabee was forgetable. While I did like his answer to the religion question, I knew he was lying. If it was any other candidate than Mike Huckabee, I would have loved the answer. We all know Huckabee's record is against him, though, so his words fell flat.

All in all, I was angry that Ron Paul didn't get any speaking time. Even with two candidates down he still got to answer only a few obscure questions. That and the fact that none of the other candidates took the time to ask him anything certainly cut down on that time, too.

However, I'm very, very happy about the poll at the end. My Mom had never seen a debate with a text poll at the end, and while she's voting for Ron Paul, she was pretty sure that she was one of the only ones. The poll at the end fired her up, and I felt reassured that the movement was still alive.

Also, did a strip of text say that the winner gets 57 delegates? Was I mistaken? I only caught the very end of it.

Thom1776
01-24-2008, 11:25 PM
WORST DEBATE EVER!l!
http://thejonesthing.com/jt/wp-content/uploads/2006/04/222px-The_Simpsons-Jeff_Albertson.png

InLoveWithRon
01-24-2008, 11:35 PM
SO Dr. Paul asked McCain whether McCain favored the current policy carried out by
the so-called "President's Working Group on the Financial Markets"(PWG) and its opacity(i.e. lack of "sunshine".)

He asked this question because 1) He knew that McCain had no idea whatsoever what the PWG has been doing....which was proven accurate since McCain stumbled around claiming that McCain is "surrounded by his team of experts ", then launching into his memorized name-dropping list of economists who will advise him...

and 2) He asked the question in hopes of leading into a discussion wherein Dr. Paul could INFORM the American public that the President's Working Group on the Financial Markets is simply a cadre of 4 individuals whose function is to manipulate
our so-called "free market"by buying DOW stock indices, propping the $US dollar with money created out of thin air using the mechanics and blessing of the FEDERAL RESERVE scam,and thereby trick investors( and the American public) that the US economy and stockmarket and $US dollar are "OK".
When Dr. Paul should have been able to respond to McCain's lame , dodgy answer, Brian WIlliams cut Dr. Paul off.

SO , as you have shown , unfortunately ...the public is STILL in the dark about the scam that is operative in our federal govrnment,wherein they manipulate markets , with money created out of nothing, devaluing our currency, allowing the Wall Street fat cats to sell at the "highs" , leaving the suckers stuck holding the bag to later be forced into selling their stock holdings at the "lows."

Dr. Paul was trying to expose this fraud , but was not allowed to get the message out. SO the average American is still in the dark. The criminals
shafted again.

be a country left to save. China , like any creditor, will simply foreclose on the defaulting borrower, USA, and come in and take over the whole country!!

nice post

InLoveWithRon
01-24-2008, 11:38 PM
I wanted to point something out that I thought was interesting, though...I think that without knowing it, Huckabee really did Ron Paul a favor tonight: When Tim Russert pressed him on how "realistic" his ideas were, Huckabee was very assertive and confident in shutting him up and saying that part of America's problem is this misplaced focus on whether new ideas are "realistic" to actually do. I think he had a very coherent, convincing answer that we need to talk about what we can do to fix the broken system rather than taking a defeatist attitude and assuming we need to stick to the status quo forever. While Huckabee is like Paul in advocating the abolition of the IRS, the real irony of this is that Paul supports far more radical changes than other candidate, and he's the one most often criticized for not being "realistic" about drastically cutting back the size of government. Huckabee's answer gave anyone listening something to chew on, and when he drops out of the race soon (which is becoming more and more likely), this optimistic attitude about real change could be a boon for Paul. In other words, in addressing a criticism meant for him, Huckabee did a terrific job at defending Ron Paul from similar criticisms.

The problem is Americans as a whole just aren't smart enough to figure out all of what you said.. By the time most americans wake up tomorrow morning, it will be long forgotten.

That's why Paul had to be much more assertive, and try to stand up over the rest by saying things like " No one on this stage has the economic expertise I have,, I have written 6 books on economic issues and faught hard for 30 years for liberty and fighting fiat money, fighting against this system we have thats destines for failure" etc etc.. And leading into something else by looking America in the eys into the camera saying " I can fix this as your president" etc etc.

CrazyRonPaulSupporter
01-24-2008, 11:56 PM
This was by far the worst debate ever. I almost fell a sleep, no joke! The total dissing
of Ron Paul in this debate was more painful to see than in all the other debates. I also started to think that it was a Mitt Romney monologue after a while.

Also, it was only 5 people on stage. ONLY 5! And still MSNCB couldn't pull of a professional debate with a higher pace and everybody getting equal chances of answering the questions.

What a load of BS!!:mad:

At least Ron Paul's question to McCain made him shit his pants (probably literally). Look at the fear in his eyes and face when he realized that Ron Paul was going to ask him the question. And then the shaky and incompetent answer....Pricless!! :D

r3volution
01-25-2008, 01:11 AM
WORST DEBATE EVER!l!
http://thejonesthing.com/jt/wp-content/uploads/2006/04/222px-The_Simpsons-Jeff_Albertson.png

+1

idrake
01-25-2008, 01:16 AM

shafted again.

Hey thanks. I get why RP asked the question, but I wasn't familiar with that particular group. I am, however, familiar with the problems of the FED and fiat money.

In fact, I am almost grateful to the FED for this last rate drop which gave me a chance to liquidate my portfolios without a big loss and lock into a new 30yr fixed jumbo loan at 5.875%, or just .1% higher than my current 5/1 ARM that adjusts in 2 years. This is the last chance to bail without loosing your shirt.

Anyway, thanks for the full skinny. I hope RP can use this as ammo down the line.

The Machine
01-25-2008, 01:33 AM
These media spectacles aren't true debates at all. They are Q&A sessions with a predefined media agenda. In a real debate, every candidate would respond to the same question asked by the moderator and be given equal time for rebuttal. This garbage on the MSM is nothing more than propaganda for the masses.