PDA

View Full Version : Auotomatic Dialing Machines

max
08-01-2007, 03:10 PM
My friend got an automated voice message for Hillary Clinton the other day.
My father recived one two days ago.

This is an inexpensive way to reach millions with a brief Ron Paul message...

Why isnt RP HQ doing stuff like this? Poltical calling is exempt from the don not calling laws

trispear
08-01-2007, 03:15 PM
Those type of calls piss me off - if they are going to bother you, at least it could be a real human. Are you sure this is a good idea?

Richie
08-01-2007, 03:22 PM
Automated calls are freakin' annoying. "We the supporters" should call people ourselves.

max
08-01-2007, 03:25 PM
the calls may piss some people off.....but i doubt someone will say "I got an automated call from RP...Now I wont vote for him"..

It gets the name out, and let's face it....Hillary's marketing people are the best in the business.

I think it's a great way to build name recognition for pennies a call.

Kregener
08-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Dr. Paul probably believe it is a little early in the game to annoy people with an automated "message".

RonPaulCult
08-01-2007, 03:30 PM
I am all for it if it means millions of people hear the name Ron Paul. Plant the seed.

Thor
08-01-2007, 03:36 PM
I have been trying to get people on board with this idea for a couple months now. He needs name recognition. Too bad if it pisses some people off. At least now they will know his name.

That is supposedly our biggest problem. Ron Who?

I say we do it. I have been saying we do it. Over and over. Do it from 500 volunteers on their home PC's with VOIP. Very cheap.

Everything pisses off someone, somewhere, some how. Email, junk mail, personal phone calls, automated phone calls, bill boards, radio ads, tv ads, etc....

But they work, so that is why it is done.

kylejack
08-01-2007, 03:36 PM
We already have automatic dialers. The campaign emails them phone numbers and they start dialing! Personal calls from individuals is far more effective than autodialers ever could be. Indeed, autodialers are far more likely to create hostility for the candidate. We have a giant network of volunteers that the other campaigns simply don't have. We can get for free what the others have to pay for. Just sign up for the Call Iowa program.

BarryDonegan
08-01-2007, 03:37 PM
im doubtful that these are as cheap as you think.

johnrocks
08-01-2007, 03:39 PM
I spend some serious money on an automativc dialer a couple of years ago, after hearing no less than a few hundred people cuss me out, I sent it back, it had a 30 money back guarantee, that was in 2005 and I am still waiting on my damn money!:mad:

Wendi
08-01-2007, 03:42 PM
If you use one of these, at least make sure it actually disconnects when the person on the other end hangs up on it.

I probably would seriously reconsider voting for someone who locked up my phone line and refused to disconnect when I hung up (like most of the auto-dialed messages I've ever received...)

shadowhooch
08-01-2007, 03:42 PM
I've gotten those and I am more annoyed than anything. They have never convinced me of anything.