PDA

View Full Version : It's working

jaybone
08-01-2007, 02:54 PM
A few months ago, when I found an article about Ron, I'd go to the comments section and it was about 60% positive 40% Ron is a kook.
I figured that the positive ratio was a bit skewed because Ron supporters are all over the net, and we actually CARE enough to post a comment.

I have noticed more and more, that ratio is now up around 90% / 10%, and even better, there are posts like this one:

"Wow. How had I never heard of Mr. Paul before? After reading what Novak said, I started to research him last night. Seven hours later at 2 in the morning, I could barely get off the computer to go to bed. Ron Paul has all of the attributes I could ever dream a President should have. He really gives me hope in the future of our country. Now all it's going to take is for everyone else to take notice, which I think is unavoidable at this point.

Posted by Henry D. | August 1, 2007 10:10 AM"

People know that something is TERRIBLY WRONG, and the are HUNGRY for TRUTH.
But this is not just an election, it's a shift of paradigm. We are talking about tearing down much of what we were taught about America over the last few decades.
To hop on this train is to reject nearly all aspects of the bastardized oligarchy that is passed off as Republic, and that scares the crap out of alot of people. To understand Ron and what we all are fighting for takes honest thought on an individual scale. Many Citizens are not well suited to honest thought, I hope they are coming around.

To become free, we must first recognize our bondage.

Syren123
08-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Another satisfied customer.

ctb619
08-01-2007, 02:59 PM
Excellent post. I have been seeing more and more comments of the type you have described, and they certainly provide a certain level of optimism. You're right, if Ron Paul can maintain momentum, this will not be just another election. His message is revolutionary, and seeks to reverse decades of misguided foreign and domestic policies.

Zydeco
08-01-2007, 03:01 PM
I agree, it is working.

Any blogger who has a comments section and writes something false about Paul has his site swarmed immediately and usually intelligently. It's fascinating to watch.

When good-faith debates take place, the anti-Paulians frequently soften or convert with surprising speed. Maybe not so much at free republic, but other places neocon hangers-on reside.

Their support is crumbling from within due to its own, ahem, internal contradictions.

BillyDkid
08-01-2007, 03:04 PM
isn't it amazing the way people respond once they take it upon themselves to find out who Ron Paul really is? That is the challenge, getting people curious enough to find out the truth for themselves. Good ideas and the truth will always win out - as long as people are allowed to hear them.

DeadheadForPaul
08-01-2007, 03:08 PM
When people find out about Dr. Paul, they realize that he is what they have been looking for

I rememebr when I read my first thing about Dr. Paul, I was doing research for my debate team on different issues. I had printed our various speeches by Republicans to get a sense of their stance on free trade. When I got to Paul's, I actually said "YES!!" aloud on the bus I was riding LOL. It's like you discovered the holy grail or something

jaybone
08-01-2007, 03:10 PM
That's it!
We have been spoon-fed 'information' about candidates, policies and the state of affairs forever. Once I realized that I was being lied to in regard to just about everything, I decided that the internet was the only place to find the truth.
The problem is, it can be alot of work;
first you have to recognize the lie
then you have to seek the truth
then you have to debunk what you find

it's alot easier and more comfortable to gobble up the lies while idling on the couch.

Syren123
08-01-2007, 03:22 PM
When people find out about Dr. Paul, they realize that he is what they have been looking for.

It's like you discovered the holy grail or something

That's exactly how I felt when I first discovered Ron Paul. Like I'd found the holy grail right there on C-SPAN.

ladyjade3
08-01-2007, 03:23 PM
"Wow. How had I never heard of Mr. Paul before? After reading what Novak said, I started to research him last night. Seven hours later at 2 in the morning, I could barely get off the computer to go to bed. Ron Paul has all of the attributes I could ever dream a President should have. He really gives me hope in the future of our country. Now all it's going to take is for everyone else to take notice, which I think is unavoidable at this point.

Posted by Henry D. | August 1, 2007 10:10 AM"

To become free, we must first recognize our bondage.

That sounds familiar.

Roxi
08-01-2007, 03:54 PM
People know that something is TERRIBLY WRONG, and the are HUNGRY for TRUTH.
But this is not just an election, it's a shift of paradigm. We are talking about tearing down much of what we were taught about America over the last few decades.
To hop on this train is to reject nearly all aspects of the bastardized oligarchy that is passed off as Republic, and that scares the crap out of alot of people. To understand Ron and what we all are fighting for takes honest thought on an individual scale. Many Citizens are not well suited to honest thought, I hope they are coming around.

[I]To become free, we must first recognize our bondage.

this speech rates up there with the one that Bill Pullman as the President in Independence Day gave. Thanks!

freelance
08-01-2007, 03:58 PM
As much as I think Novak is crazy, he will bring a lot of people our way.

scrosnoe
08-02-2007, 01:56 AM
I so totally agree with the general tenor of this thread!

But must add that I have a deep love and respect for Bob Novak, a real genuine gentleman and a wonderful endorsement to have as well!!

foofighter20x
08-02-2007, 02:17 AM
Another satisfied customer.

That's what I say after every date I go on... :D

The trouble is, it's irony when I say it. :(