PDA

View Full Version : Same Old RP so far...

NoMoreApathy
01-24-2008, 08:23 PM
If I wanted to hear him say that, I could have just watched a past youtube video.

Come on Ron, STEP IT THE FUCK UP!

What's this about not needing to cut anything domestically, and only freezing it?

Um, HELLO??? ENTITLEMENTS????

pates03
01-24-2008, 08:26 PM
how can you , 1 question , 25 mins.

Yom
01-24-2008, 08:26 PM
He wants to freeze first, pay our outstanding debts (Social Security & Medicare benefits that we've already promised), and give the option to opt out - not cut benefits for those who've already had them promised to them and paid for them over the past 40 years.

Jobarra
01-24-2008, 08:28 PM
What the heck is he supposed to say when the other 4 candidates have stolen all of his talking points? I really am feeling for him. Dirty lying scumbags.

NoMoreApathy
He wants to freeze first, pay our outstanding debts (Social Security & Medicare benefits that we've already promised), and give the option to opt out - not cut benefits for those who've already had them promised to them and paid for them over the past 40 years.

Entitlements goes beyond just SS and Medicare

Liberty Star
What an idiotic thread.

RP gave the best answer so far. When you are right, you have to keep saying the right thing.

Noeconish, spend and war candidates are flip flopping copying RP's words.

NoMoreApathy
01-24-2008, 08:29 PM
What the heck is he supposed to say when the other 4 candidates have stolen all of his talking points? I really am feeling for him. Dirty lying scumbags.

What, you didn't expect that?

Who in here didn't think the others would all speak before Paul and steal his talking points?

NoMoreApathy
01-24-2008, 08:30 PM
Come on, Ron should have known he'd be last to speak.

Trigonx
01-24-2008, 08:30 PM
This Thread Fails!!

Yom
01-24-2008, 08:31 PM
Entitlements goes beyond just SS and Medicare

But nowhere near 53 trillion's worth. ;)

Enano1983
01-24-2008, 08:31 PM
I figured that it would happen somewhat but not to this extent!
Are you kidding me? What was it that rat-face said? That all his fellow candidates said that the economy was doing fine and that he was the one that said it wasn't? BS!!! I distinctly remember the good dr. saying that. We have some identity crises going on here.

RonPaulFTFW
01-24-2008, 08:32 PM
he's spoken twice in 1/3 of the debate.

chewbacca
01-24-2008, 08:35 PM
Ron Paul needs to step it up. He is doing exactly the same as he has in every other debate. Ron Paul is 100% correct but is not delivering it with enough charisma or shock factor to convince people WHO AREN"T ALREADY SUPPORTING HIM. People on these forums are all gonna say "WOW RON PAUL HOME RUN AGAIN!!!!" but thats pointless. Ron Paul isn't doing enough to reach and convince new voters. When your given 1/3 of the time to speak you need to be 10 times as convincing. Right now the others are walking all over him with talking points.

Taco John
01-24-2008, 08:35 PM
If I wanted to hear him say that, I could have just watched a past youtube video.

Come on Ron, STEP IT THE FUCK UP!

What's this about not needing to cut anything domestically, and only freezing it?

Um, HELLO??? ENTITLEMENTS????

Get bent.

RonPaulFTFW
01-24-2008, 08:36 PM
he does need to step up more.

jump in there paul!

NoMoreApathy
01-24-2008, 08:38 PM
Get bent.

It's constructive criticism. I'd think as a RP supporter, you'd be used to shit like that by now.

Now, his answer on Iraq right there was AWESOME.

So chill out.

edited

nosebruise
01-24-2008, 08:40 PM
man. ron is getting like, NO facetime :(

Shaun
01-24-2008, 08:46 PM
Come on, Ron should have known he'd be last to speak.

He wasn't last to speak.
Huckabee was.

NoMoreApathy
01-24-2008, 08:48 PM
He wasn't last to speak.
Huckabee was.

No he wasn't.

Williams handed off to Russert after Romney, McCain, and Rudy, and Russert went to huck.

Peace&Freedom
01-24-2008, 08:58 PM
Ron Paul needs to step it up. He is doing exactly the same as he has in every other debate. Ron Paul is 100% correct but is not delivering it with enough charisma or shock factor to convince people WHO AREN"T ALREADY SUPPORTING HIM. People on these forums are all gonna say "WOW RON PAUL HOME RUN AGAIN!!!!" but thats pointless. Ron Paul isn't doing enough to reach and convince new voters. When your given 1/3 of the time to speak you need to be 10 times as convincing. Right now the others are walking all over him with talking points.

I think we have all overestimated the importance of these cable debates in influencing voter opinion. A large fragment of the voters hardly watch primary debates when they are run on BROADCAST TV, let alone cable. Ditto for Sunday morning talk shows, and weekday cable news shows---we junkies watch it, yes, but how many regular folks? Paul needs to do exactly what he has been doing, which is to get out his basic themes with eloquence and dignity. The smart viewers will pick up on his integrity and principle, the others won't. The new voters have to come from other venues.

PatriotG
01-24-2008, 09:05 PM
What an idiotic thread.

RP gave the best answer so far. When you are right, you have to keep saying the right thing.

Noeconish, spend and war candidates are flip flopping copying RP's words.

I came in a little late
but am seeing thing correctly
1 hour has passed and hes spoken twice?

one of the times he spoke he recieved applause?

Typical debate