PDA

View Full Version : Should a Ron Paul Supporter take Mitt's free expenses to Ames?

jewels2u
08-01-2007, 02:29 PM
Mitt Romney plans to bribe Iowans to vote for him in the key Ames Straw Poll (flier at link http://ronpaulpledge.com/wordpress/?p=21). He’ll pay all the expenses for an Iowan, feed them and transport them to and from the event in in an effort to buy
their vote.

Some say if Mitt is willing to bus Iowan’s to Ames for the Straw Poll…they should take him up on his offer! More details at link http://ronpaulpledge.com/wordpress/?p=21

smtwngrl
08-01-2007, 02:30 PM
No!

:D

JoshLowry
08-01-2007, 02:30 PM
I don't think he can make you promise to vote for him.

Maybe take the ticket and bus and promise to see what Mitt has to offer, but make sure you check out the other candidates as well.

BarryDonegan
08-01-2007, 02:31 PM
if a private party wants to spend his money to take people to ames in hope that they will vote for him, i don't see how this would be inconsistent with Ron Paul's philosophy. Romney is banking on the fact that providing this service will get more of his supporters there, and our people can get onboard and eat up those seats... so be it.

this is a win win.

also, Romney's campaign isn't doing this on the foolish idea that everyone riding will definately vote for him, hes hoping that a large amount of them will be supporters of his that otherwise wouldn't make it. this is definately not something that he would find offensive. sortof like, if you bought a commercial on ABC during primetime, and you know it gets 10,000,000 viewers, you aren't buying the ability to convert 10,000,000 viewers, you are buying the opportunity to, which a much smaller percentage of will be turned on to it, however you have to know that not everyone will.

jewels2u
08-01-2007, 02:33 PM
I think it's fine to do as well. How else can we stop this kind of bribery. It would serve Mitt right for doing it. This will teach them to stop it!

DeadheadForPaul
08-01-2007, 02:35 PM
I support this 100%. I think Ron Paul supporters should take Romney's offer. He can't legally require you to vote for him. Is it dishonest? Yes. But any more dishonest/dirty than him using his vast wealth to BUY votes? No

Romney raised about the same money as us but he threw in 9 million of his own money into the campaign. We're about equal to him and he's on the way down in this race. Let's finish the job and take him up on his offer

Joe Knows
08-01-2007, 02:36 PM
If you bought a commercial on ABC during primetime, and you know it gets 10,000,000 viewers, you aren't buying the ability to convert 10,000,000 viewers, you are buying the opportunity to, which a much smaller percentage of will be turned on to it, however you have to know that not everyone will.

Absolutely Correct!

CodeMonkey
08-01-2007, 02:37 PM
It would be hilarious if he got fewer votes than the number of tickets he gave out :p

BarryDonegan
08-01-2007, 02:43 PM
that could easily happen to romney. unless hes shipping people in from SLC. hahaha.

Razmear
08-01-2007, 02:51 PM
Definitely use the other candidates resources to our benefit.
We are fighting a revolution with limited resources, what would Sun Tzu do?

Plan for your own ride home and as soon as you get off the bus and secure your ticket, start handing out Slim Jims and take off your outer shirt to expose your Ron Paul one :D

eb

nullvalu
08-01-2007, 02:53 PM
If I lived in Iowa I would definately do it, as well as drop a few "pointers" during the bus ride! Just tell people on the bus you haven't made up your mind yet between Romney and Paul.

Gee
08-01-2007, 03:00 PM
Yes.

Romney intends to initiate force against the American people if he is elected to office. Therefore, libertarians may respond in self-defense, in this case by committing fraud against his campaign.

michaelwise
08-01-2007, 03:02 PM
The ride back could be a little scary. Go in large groups.

Ninja Homer
08-01-2007, 03:02 PM
In the '99 Iowa Straw Poll:
* Over 37,000 tickets were sold
* Approximately 40,000 attended
* Exactly 23,685 votes were cast

I'm pretty sure most of the tickets were paid for by candidates. They obviously won't expect to get a vote for every person they bring there, and they will probably have tickets left over anyway. Also, in the '99 straw poll, 16,315 people attended that didn't find a candidate that was worth their time to vote for. Hopefully this year these disenfranchised voters will decide to vote for Ron Paul.

If you don't have the means to get there and vote for Ron Paul on your own, take Romney up on his offer. Get there and vote for Ron Paul any way you can!

DeadheadForPaul
08-01-2007, 03:05 PM
If I lived in Iowa I would definately do it, as well as drop a few "pointers" during the bus ride! Just tell people on the bus you haven't made up your mind yet between Romney and Paul.

I agree

Just dont be annoying, start fights, etc.

Also, I wouldnt have ANY Ron Paul stuff showing (ie wearing a Ron Paul shirt) until the bus is on the way to Ames ;) They do have the right to not give you a ride/buy you a ticket if they see you with Ron Paul stuff

jaybone
08-01-2007, 03:14 PM
I say "take the ticket"
(fear and loathing in LV)

Just because we don't agree with the rules does not mean we dont have to play the game.

Akus
08-01-2007, 03:18 PM
Mitt Romney plans to bribe Iowans to vote for him in the key Ames Straw Poll (flier at link http://ronpaulpledge.com/wordpress/?p=21). He’ll pay all the expenses for an Iowan, feed them and transport them to and from the event in in an effort to buy
their vote.

Some say if Mitt is willing to bus Iowan’s to Ames for the Straw Poll…they should take him up on his offer! More details at link http://ronpaulpledge.com/wordpress/?p=21

yes

no, I'll take that back

HELL yes!!

there.

ladyjade3
08-01-2007, 03:20 PM
what would Sun Tzu do?

eb

Uh oh. You invoked the magic words. I'm making WWSTD bracelets.

Kregener
08-01-2007, 03:26 PM
Seems that they are asking you to sign onto his campaign first.

If so, no, I would not "take the ticket".

Razmear
08-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Uh oh. You invoked the magic words. I'm making WWSTD bracelets.

I just hope that doesn't get interpreted at World Wide Sexually Transmitted Disease

:D

Gee
08-01-2007, 03:32 PM
All war is based on deception. And revolution is clearly a form of war, so...

Razmear
08-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Seems that they are asking you to sign onto his campaign first.

If so, no, I would not "take the ticket".

If you are signing a document pledging your vote in exchange for compensation, that is an illegal contract anyways, so it holds no weight.

Kregener
08-01-2007, 03:37 PM
I get that, that is not what I meant.

The flyer SEEMS to be asking one to "join the team". Tell others, spread the word, wear buttons, slap a sticker on your car, etc. Like you would do if you really beleived Mitt was the man for the job.

jewels2u
08-01-2007, 03:39 PM
Razmear, you are right.

And, we all are expected to play by the rules but if these guys don't like the rules, they just change them.

This isn't a signed contract....GO FOR IT, IOWA!

This is a great way to teach them a lesson for trying to buy votes. This will teach them to stop these tactics.

Razmear
08-01-2007, 03:44 PM
Just found this collection of Sun Tzu quotes, it should be required reading for all:

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Sun_Tzu

eb

Roxi
08-01-2007, 03:49 PM
i view it as civil disobedience which RP not only supports but endorses. (peaceful) civil disobedience is part of a revolution so i say not yes but HELL YES!

Thor
08-01-2007, 03:54 PM
It would be interesting to see what they would do if you took off your jacket after you were on the bus in motion and you proudly showed everyone your Ron Paul shirt as you walked to the back to the bathroom so all could see it. I wonder if they would have the guts to drop you off on the side of the road.

You could peaceable resist. Just sit there. Then get some TV coverage out of it if they got down right rude.

Razmear
08-01-2007, 03:57 PM
I'd wait until you make it to Ames before letting folks know that your a Ron Paul hitch hiker, just to be safe.
I wouldn't want to see anyone stranded in a cornfield in the middle of nowhere.

eb

sylvania
08-01-2007, 04:05 PM
I'd use the ticket, if only to see what hardcore sales tactics they are using.

Do they pitch him the enitre ride? I'm curious as to what it would be like on that bus. It would be interesting to see the mindset of Mitt supporters upclose.

guerillaeffect
08-01-2007, 05:29 PM
We need more infiltration into what is going on in different campaigns, then get the word out to all of the people of freedom, voters for Ron Paul. Information is what wins battles.

Starks
08-01-2007, 06:23 PM
You should spread the message during the trip...

Badger Paul
08-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Hey if he's paying, take him up on the offer.

And make a chump out of him:D

Jennifer Reynolds
08-01-2007, 07:02 PM
///