PDA

View Full Version : Any Montanans on the forum?

Bradley in DC
08-01-2007, 01:04 PM
http://www.ballot-access.org/2007/08/01/montana-republican-state-chair-wants-exclusive-caucus-to-replace-presidential-primary/

mdh
08-01-2007, 01:22 PM
Whew, ouch. That is an even more extreme version of what has been done here in West Virginia.

Bradley in DC
08-01-2007, 01:24 PM
Whew, ouch. That is an even more extreme version of what has been done here in West Virginia.

Is WV a done deal or just a proposal (last time I looked)?

mdh
08-01-2007, 01:30 PM
Done deal.

I am in contact with someone at the campaign HQ to get our delegates handled, and I've got a bunch of folks here who are ready and willing to serve as delegates, both regional and at-large. We've at least got folks from the more populous areas, we may end up not having a full slate because it's very difficult to reach people in some of the ultra-rural areas with little or no internet penetration.

Can only do our best. Can only do my best. It's getting to crunch time, and I really am hoping the campaign folks are as responsive as they need to be to ensure that this is handled - only the candidate's official PEC can submit the delegates list to the state GOP, so a candidate not submitting a slate of delegates basically means that that candidate will not be on the ballot or will not be electable.

In the end, all I can do is try and identify folks who are willing to be delegates and make sure that they are registered Republican by September 1st which is the cut-off date. Our state GOP folks are not Ron Paul fans, and I know that they will not go out of their way to help us if our i's aren't dotted or our t's aren't crossed.

http://www.wvgopconvention.com/ has some details if you're curious.

Bradley in DC
08-01-2007, 01:42 PM
Yes, we should definitely talk about this. PM me your email if necessary. Whom are you working with on the campaign? How many delegate candidates do you think you have? Do you have a man and woman with party creds that could stand for the superdelegate National Committeeman and National Committeewoman (I want to take over the RNC and get Dr. Paul as many delegates as possible)?

If you need someone to stand in places, do you have voters lists for those areas? Any outreach?

mdh
08-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Please do email me - my email is in my sig on every post, by the way. :)

Basically what's happened was this. One week ago I called HQ and asked who to contact about this, they gave me the email of the individual I've contacted. I sent him an email one week ago, and got no response - thinking something may have been wrong with their mail services or whatever, I re-sent it today. I received what I consider a somewhat strange reply almost immediately, which I replied to assuming all good faith despite the odd tone. I am still waiting on another response to that response.

As far as what I've got, I've got some but not as much as we'd probably like - as I said, especially with region delegates, some regions are tough to hit.