PDA

View Full Version : If McCain wins will there be more "Ron Paul Republicans"?

Jeremy
01-24-2008, 06:28 PM
Think about it... everyone's saying McCain is not a real conservative. If he wins and looses in the general election, it could make a point for us.

yongrel
01-24-2008, 06:29 PM
A McCain nomination would make a Ron Paul Independent campaign (which I don't want to see) far more viable.

Far too many conservatives are unhappy with McCain.

Energy
01-24-2008, 06:34 PM
Well we need to make the point NOW. We need to dismantle the media's illusions as that's the thing keeping him going. Freakin' NH exit polls had people thinking McCain was the "bring the troops home" guy. There's just no logical explanation for a vote to go to McCain aside from obliviousness of Paul.

Gadsden Flag
01-24-2008, 06:34 PM
If RP was going to run third party, then he would need the most moderate person on the Republican ticket to have the nomination, which I guess is McCain. A lot of Republicans really don't like him.

But that doesn't mean they'd vote for RP, either.

PimpBlimp
01-24-2008, 06:36 PM
Giuliani would be easier to tackle than McCain

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-24-2008, 06:38 PM
I think rather than calling ourselves "Ron Paul Republicans," we should get enough Constitutionalists in the GOP until the plain phrase "Republican" in actuality means "Ron Paul Republicans." Then let the Neocons change their name. It is, after all, OUR party. Maybe they can call themselves "Bush Republicans" or "Cheney Republicans" or "Podhoretz Republicans" or "Kristol Republicans."