PDA

View Full Version : what software is good for dvd authoring?

electric
08-01-2007, 12:16 PM
hi,
i want to take an existing ron paul dvd and make changes to it by removing content and adding new stuff. what dvd authoring software are people out there using to do this?

i want to be able to make very pro looking dvd menus. i'm new to doing this but i learn quickly so no problem if i need to be using professional software. any feedback appreciated.

regards,
electric

RP08
08-01-2007, 12:24 PM
Nero Ultra bundle has some surprisingly nice abilities and ease-of-use. Pinnacle Studio is nice too.

nayjevin
08-03-2007, 11:54 PM
Sony DVD Architect

intuit
08-04-2007, 12:45 AM
There are many options. First of all I don't know of a way to edit a DVD without first transferring to an editing program and then back to a DVD-authoring program. One way of accomplishing this is to put the DVD into the DVD reader burner, click on My Computer, right click the DVD player burner and open file. You will see an Audio file and a video file. Click video file and drag the appropriate files to the desktop (for copying). Drag into your editing program (Window's Vista has an adequate editing program; their DVD authoring program is very cool and intuitive). I use Vegas Video. My friends use Final Cut Pro...they are all good ...your choice.

Good luck, hope this helped and happy editing.