PDA

View Full Version : Ed Thompson considers run for presidency

Phil M
08-01-2007, 12:11 PM
For those of us who worry what will happen if Ron loses the GOP nomination and doesn't seek the LP/Constitution Nomination or run as an independent, it looks like we have a decent candidate: http://reason.com/blog/show/121693.html

No, he doesn't have the experience or name recognition of Paul, but he is lightyears ahead of the current crop of LP candidates.

james1906
08-01-2007, 01:07 PM
Ed's a good guy. he just needs to knock some sense into his brother.

winston84
08-01-2007, 01:37 PM
lol, another Thompson. Anyways, I don't think you have to worry about RP not running as an Independent if he doesn't get the Republican nomination. According to RP's campaign chairman it would be very difficult for him to turn it down.

PatriotOne
08-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Well this would certainly add a twist to things..............

Ed Thompson Announces He Is Considering Running for President as Pro-9/11 Truth Candidate

http://www.911blogger.com/node/10320

Tomah, WI
Monday 7/30/07

Ed Thompson, the most successful Wisconsin third party candidate since Fighting Bob LaFollette and the Progressives, says he may run for president as a pro-9/11-truth candidate in 2008.

Thompson discussed his potential run today on the Dynamic Duo radio show, http://gcnlive.com. If neither his brother Tommy Thompson nor fellow truth-seeker Ron Paul get the Republican nomination, Thompson said, "somebody will have to do it."

Informed that Ron Paul had spoken out for a new 9/11 investigation, while cautioning that a change of administrations wouldn't solve the 9/11 problem overnight, Thompson said "Why not? Why wait for an investigation?" He insisted that a new, truly independent investigation staffed by 9/11 truth-seekers--"people like you, Kevin"-- should happen ASAP.

Thompson passionately expressed his sense that the nation is in dire straits, that the war must end and the truth must out, and that the major parties are incapable of facing the crisis. "The people are afraid of you, Kevin--they're afraid you may be right (about 9/11)," Thompson said, adding that he had watched several 9/11 truth videos and found them extremely disturbing.

Thompson also spoke of his own spiritual crisis, how he had once been suffering from extreme depression and suddenly encountered "the light" and the knowledge that love was the ultimate reality. He suggested that the USA is approaching a very dark crisis and will only survive if enough people realize that we need to love each other, not demonize, hate and kill. He wondered aloud why a powerful country like the USA, surrounded by oceans and unthreatening neighbors, needs to pursue "defense" by killing people all over the world.

Thompson, who polled 11% of the vote as a Libertarian in the 2002 Wisconsin gubernatorial race, agreed with me that the polls suggest that a third party 9/11truth candidate could make history. Last year 36% of the American people said 9/11 was high treason; this year it must be over 40%. If those 40% vote, they would surely vote for a third party candidate who promised an immediate, no-holds-barred investigation. And an independent who got 40%, leaving each major party candidate with around 30%, would win.

Thompson's brother Tommy, who is also thinking about running for president, could not be reached for comment.

[for more info on Ed Thompson, see http://www.remarkableman.net]

PatriotOne
08-01-2007, 01:48 PM
lol, another Thompson. Anyways, I don't think you have to worry about RP not running as an Independent if he doesn't get the Republican nomination. According to RP's campaign chairman it would be very difficult for him to turn it down.

I really hope that to be true. RP obviously had no clue how popular he really was going to be and alot of things have changed since he made that staterment. I suspect he won't throw in the towel either if his base keeps growing like it is.

Syren123
08-01-2007, 02:20 PM
I really hope that to be true. RP obviously had no clue how popular he really was going to be and alot of things have changed since he made that staterment. I suspect he won't throw in the towel either if his base keeps growing like it is.

OMG OMG OMG....I hope it is true, too!!

Richie
08-01-2007, 02:23 PM
OMG OMG OMG....I hope it is true, too!!

+1 !!!!

Phil M
08-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Well this would certainly add a twist to things..............

Ed Thompson Announces He Is Considering Running for President as Pro-9/11 Truth Candidate

From what I've read they just are saying that like they say Paul is Pro-9/11 Truth. They are both open to reivestigation, but the truthers take it as if they are on their side.

PatriotOne
08-01-2007, 03:13 PM
[QUOTE=PatriotOne;98855]Well this would certainly add a twist to things..............

[\QUOTE]

From what I've read they just are saying that like they say Paul is Pro-9/11 Truth. They are both open to reivestigation, but the truthers take it as if they are on their side.

I wish I had heard the interview. If the text in the article is correct, it sounds like Ed is making a much stronger statement about 9/11 than RP has. Many people fashion their statements by saying a "new investigation" is needed for sure...but in the back of their minds they already suspect that factions of our "Government" had to be involved. But until a new investigation is done by a committee that is not hand picked by the criminals themselves, who was directly involved and who is just a victim and being silenced out of fear or worse remains unknown. Like every Government Conspiracy, the evidence is locked away and no one is allowed to examine it. (For example, the 80+ video's of the so-called 757 that hit the Pentagon).