PDA

View Full Version : Let's pick a MoneyBomb and go with it!

JiMMy_247
01-24-2008, 05:08 PM
I think right now there are at least 3 money bombs planned: liberty tax, anniversary gift and faux news. I read in one thread that they were discussing consolidating two of them. There is still the liberty tax bomb. I would hope that we can get that one to happen on the same day as the others (the earlier the date the better). Since they would all occur on the same day, they are essentially the same money bomb. That way, none are a ‘dud’ and if someone hears about one and not the others-they will still donate. If however they aren’t consolidated, people will become confused and disenchanted. Overall promotion will be weak for all of them since there is no single wave to ride.

Personally I think the Faux News MB should be the flagship of the group. It has the most potential for one simple reason: passion. The two most successful MBs struck a chord with the masses. The others didn’t have that same passionate underpinning. MLK and Veterans Day both were good but they lacked the ability to really motivate people. The disgust for Faux News can easily supply that motivation. Just like Guy Fawkes and the Tea Party, this would be a way for people to “take the boot off their face”. The media is just as dangerous and oppressive as the tyrannical Governments that we spoke out against on Dec 16 and Nov 5. The other two MBs currently planned, while they are well meaning and have a good message, lack that drive.

If we can get these things consolidated (just to happen on the same day-they don't have to share a webpage or anything) and start pushing the Faux News MB, then I will be the first to put out videos to help promote it. (One I made for Nov 5th (http://youtube.com/watch?v=yPiBWU57jAA)) Until there is some solidarity though, I don’t think any of them will really take off since those that usually help in promotion through videos, blogs, etc won’t be as enthusiastic and motivated to create the vids and write the blogs-since there is no clear direction given by the grassroots’ main moneybombers.

Original_Intent
01-24-2008, 05:12 PM
I think we should carpet bomb.

No day between now and Feb 5 under 100K.
Each day must be bigger than the previous day.

Huckabee has been averaging 100K per day this quarter, we should do this easy even though we just dropped a big one on MLK day.

JiMMy_247
01-24-2008, 05:39 PM
I agree and suggested that same thing right after MLK passed, but nobody really picked up on it and instead continued to push individual money bombs. As much as i tried, it hasn't caught on. Since the MBs seem to be what the kids like, I'm just trying to make the best of it. If however we could get some enthusiasm behind a constant, ever-increasing daily bomb then i would definitely get behind that.

MooCowzRock
01-24-2008, 05:40 PM
I'm still supporting a Feb 18th President's Day moneybomb...

ronpauleddy
01-24-2008, 05:42 PM
I say we join this one!!
FEB 3rd

www.libertytax08.com

Soccrmastr
01-24-2008, 05:42 PM
how about you noobs donate now. we have less than 2 weeks. we will not beat our 6.2 million record. just donate now and become precinct leaders.

TulsaRevolution
01-24-2008, 05:43 PM
What about Leap Day? What slogan could we make out of that? (Leap Day is Feb 29th, happens every 4 years)

I think the money bombs need to stay at least a month apart from each other to have effectiveness.

Nov 5th
Dec 16th
Jan 21st
February... needs to be late in the month probably. Leap day is a good target! I'll jump on whatever moneybomb is decided on, I'm just throwing ideas out there.

But the BIG ONE will come with the TAX REBATES pour in! It will be the biggest ever.

JiMMy_247
01-24-2008, 05:45 PM
See? I can appreciate what everyone is doing but we aren't united - in fact we're all over the place and Dr. Paul needs this money asap. We seriously need to consolidate our efforts. I hate to kick a dead horse and I'm not knocking anybody, but this was an attempt at a thread discussing the possibility of unifying a few ideas, but so far have only got suggestions for even more individual goals.

tpreitzel
01-24-2008, 05:45 PM
I say we join this one!!
FEB 3rd

www.libertytax08.com

If we MUST have one, then Feb 3rd is probably the best since it should encourage the campaign to dump most of their resources into Super Tuesday since they know that they'll get a sizable sum on Feb 3rd. Also, Feb 3rd is just after payday for many.
Good luck. I'll be donating via snail mail again... ;)

damien88
01-24-2008, 05:49 PM
how about you noobs donate now. we have less than 2 weeks. we will not beat our 6.2 million record. just donate now and become precinct leaders.

lol he said noob, anyway I'm for the donate daily with increase idea

colecrowe
01-24-2008, 05:51 PM
Ron & Carol Paul 51st ANNIVERSARY on Feb 1st, 2008... $51 MONEY BOMB DONATIONS (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=100069)

Kingfisher
01-24-2008, 06:09 PM
Ron & Carol Paul 51st ANNIVERSARY on Feb 1st, 2008... $51 MONEY BOMB DONATIONS (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=100069)

Good!!