PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul needs to attack Rudy tonight

jrich4rpaul
01-24-2008, 04:53 PM
Guys, we've seen this game before in the past few months. They say a candidate is finished, and "if he doesn't win this one, it's over". The biggest "comebacks" being Clinton and McCain. Of course, you can hardly call them comebacks when all the MSM did was push them all day, every day before the debates and primaries.

The same thing is being done with Rudy. He is the only candidate getting coverage right now. They are going to attempt to fabricate a Rudy 'comeback' tonight at the debate and I think that should be Ron's main focus.

yongrel
01-24-2008, 04:54 PM
Definitely.

"Rudy, if you are such an electable candidate, how is it that you've been beaten by every other person on this stage?"

Dibold
01-24-2008, 04:55 PM
It won't be the attacks against Ron Paul from other candidates that cost him the election, it will be his unwillingness to attack the other candidates.

Orgoonian
01-24-2008, 05:04 PM
I'm hoping that Dr.Paul stays the course.There is no need to attack a "fringe"player like Rudy.

Let them attack each other,and quietly speak the truth.

marcus3x
01-24-2008, 05:06 PM
It won't be the attacks against Ron Paul from other candidates that cost him the election, it will be his unwillingness to attack the other candidates.

i've been saying this since the 1st debate. ron paul is too passive. i would've loved to see him also attack hillary/obama many months ago.

billyjoeallen
01-24-2008, 05:09 PM
Julie is dead. Doc needs to open a can of whoop-ass on Hunerdyears McCain.

trout007
01-24-2008, 05:26 PM
Attack the ideas not the people. Their ideas are so easy to attack and Ron's ideas are impervious to attack. They are so good he is converting many of the candidates.

nightlight
01-24-2008, 05:36 PM
i've been saying this since the 1st debate. ron paul is too passive. i would've loved to see him also attack hillary/obama many months ago.

He should remain true to himself -- calm and thoughtful. Petty squabbles and aggression are not in his nature. As the Cameron exchange from the last debate illustrated, he can take the lowest kind of attacks with a smile of a parent looking with amusement at an unruly kid, then shred them instantly with his peacful logic and wisdom.

rfbz
01-24-2008, 05:40 PM
I think at this point, going after Rudy is like going after Sam Brownback. He should go after McCain

doronster195
01-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Why what's the point? Rudy is done. He has no chance of winning. Paul should constantly prove that Romney and McCain are spewing lies with hard facts and sources right there. No one could say he is wrong with hard facts. Huckabee is also gone, hasn't dont much better than 15% since Iowa and no ones talking about him except Colbert. It between Romney, McCain and Paul in my opinion.

BenIsForRon
01-24-2008, 05:46 PM
Paul should go after Romney on economics. Everyone in the media is saying Romney is the best president for the economy because he was a "businessman".

Dibold
01-24-2008, 05:49 PM
Why what's the point? Rudy is done. .

No, the media is propping him back up again. Thompson is endorsing him I heard, and now they put Rudy center stage in tonight's debate even though Rudy hasn't touched 3rd place in a single state or county yet for that matter.

And yes, media influence is huge. Just look at what it did for Huckabee, who was 5 months ago unknown and polling lower than Ron Paul.

JSCHAFER1337
01-24-2008, 05:51 PM
I'm hoping that Dr.Paul stays the course.There is no need to attack a "fringe"player like Rudy.

Let them attack each other,and quietly speak the truth.

Unfortunately, people don't hear quiet truths. They will hear assertive, respectful truths that are loudly voiced. I agree that Dr. Paul needs to roll up his sleeves and lay Rudy out.

Hook
01-24-2008, 06:30 PM
You always shoot up, not down. Giuliani is a "fringe candidate"